I Return!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Roman_K New Member

Well, I'm back. After three weeks of having no means of contact with the outside world beyond a mobile phone, and with the lousy receptions the area near the Jordanian border has it wasn't all tha fun to use it, I return to the world of advanced technology!

And I even have a little souvenir: http://www.terrypratchettbooks.org/gate.html?name=Forums&file=album_pic&pic_id=41

Now then, miss me?

PS: That thing on the shirt is the signature of the guy who made it.
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Welcome back, Roman! Like the sketch.
  3. Roman_K New Member

Thanks, Grace. I should be getting something better in about a month, when the artist's busy schedule is cleared up.
  4. Electric_Man Templar

Miss you? I was hoping you'd bugger off and give me a break from you! :roll:
  5. Hsing Moderator

Welcome back, Roman!
  6. Roman_K New Member

I was expecting this attitude. This is why I brought a few more... souvenirs.

Fire in the hole!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Welcome back! I love the sketch, you could colour it in and use it as your avatar. :)
  8. Roman_K New Member

Nah, I'll either wait for the new one, or until one of you lot decides to colour in this one of his own free will, whichever comes sooner.
  9. chrisjordan New Member

Welcome back, Romandood! Nice sketch.
  10. Saccharissa Stitcher

Welcome back Roman :)

I have to say that the clarification concerning the sketch was necessary, when I first saw it I went "what's that on your t-shirt, did someone try to gut you?!?"
  11. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'm very glad you're back Roman. I hope the duty wasn't too interesting.
  12. Bradthewonderllama New Member

They let you grow beards as well as sleep on shift!!!
  13. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Oh, and welcome back ;-)
  14. mowgli New Member

Privet, Roman :)

::thinking of various ways to color Roman's portrait::
  15. Delphine New Member

Welcome back Roman. I expect it's a relief to be able to type with all your fingers again. ;)
  16. Roman_K New Member

I have a religious-fella permit. Or something. In any case, as we were returning to civilian life in three weeks, so no one saw the need to tarnish our facial hair.

And it wasn't me who was doing the sleeping. That's the duty sergeant's job.

Indeed it is. A great relief. I doubt I'll ever stop using the phone, mind, at least not until I get a connection at home.