How about some classic fiction

Discussion in 'NON PRATCHETT BOOK DISCUSSIONS' started by inwig, Oct 11, 2006.

1. inwig New Member

Some ebooks for you
    These are all legit and you won't have to pay for them. Be warned though that they are all 'proper' classic fiction, and if anyone else wants to add to this topic I for one wouldn't mind.
    Thanks for the go-ahead Buzzfloyd
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Page by Page Books has quite a few classics, if one doesn't mind reading from their website.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

4. Maljonic Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by "'proper' classic fiction", or why anyone needs warning, but charity shops do it for me. I like to have and keep the books themselves. :)
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yeah, I dislike reading from a screen. Not only do I like the physical feel and smell of a book, but I also get a headache if I have to focus on words on a screen for too long. That's why I struggle to keep up with stories I read online. :( I'd rather print them off to read, but I can't afford the paper and ink that would take.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Tell you what, if you like Pirates, I'll print it off and send it to you :D
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Actually, if you didn't mind, that would be awesome! I really liked the beginning, but I've struggled to read further for the reason given above.

Same goes for anyone else writing boardfic - if you sent me a printed copy, I'd read it PDQ!
  8. Hsing Moderator

Boardfic Donations! :D
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

PDQ ? (In French, this would mean something like "loo-roll" :D )

Sure thing Grace, pm me your address and I'll send you off the first 10 chapters ;) if you want to have some real fun, I can add a red pen and you can correct all my spelling and grammar :D Seriously, I do understand, I'm not good at reading long texts on screen either... If anyone else wants a copy, same thing, just pm me your address, and I'll send off a printout.
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

11. redneck New Member

I've loved listening to Schickele Mix over the years. It's amazing where he seems to find these long lost copies of PDQ Bach's manuscripts.

Edit: If you have Real Player you can hear some of his music here. Listen to the 1:11:11 segment. Quite hillarious and amusing.
  12. inwig New Member

'Classic' fiction predates 1956. Think cars and the difference between vintage, classic and veteran.
    I too prefer the tactile accompaniment when I read but carrying one electronic device is easier than 1200 - 1800 pages when you are travelling light for a week.