Fightclub - Open registration!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIAN ROLEPLAY GROUP' started by Garner, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Last sunday, instead of having a session of our tutorial campaign, we actually had a tutorial.

Fightclub!

Everyone had the same generic fighter and ran around a very oddly shaped map that I threw together, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of each other.

I demonstrated a few special attacks (charging, disarming, tripping, and sundering), but there's much more that we could learn. Also, it's just good fun to beat on each other for the heck of it!

So, what I'm thinking of doing for the next Fightclub is making up a few different characters, say four or five different fighter types, and letting everyone pick which one they want to work with.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Heavy shock troop who focuses on chopping his way through a frontline
    Speedy skirmisher who focuses on peppering his enemy and then running away
    Medium spear man who focuses on keeping the enemy at a distance
    Nimble duelist who relies on speed and finese to overcome his foes

This way we can experiment with what sort of fighters are best in what sort of situations, and what tactics and strategies are worth exploring.

I'd also like to look at the possibility of doing a fightclub focusing on mounted combat...

Anyone have any suggestions for other variations?
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Oh, I'd like to add, this is open for anyone to join in if they want. Last time we had Mowgli show up for a round or two, covering for Mynona who had to change houses, and thus creating the Mynowgli, a strange and unnatural hybrid!

If you wanna just play around and learn the rude basics of D&D combat while you're at it, just give us a shout!
  3. Saccharissa Stitcher

I think I will be available for this Sunday. I'd love to participate in a tutorial, that way I may actually do something without raising your blood pressure.
  4. Cynical_Youth New Member

I'm definitely in.

As for suggestions:
    Maybe we could try fighting as a group against a common enemy. I also think it might be useful to try fighting with your own character (for some combat with fighters won't come close).
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, what i was originally after was a chance to demonstrate as many special moves, and hopefully just practice various rules and concepts.

the thing is, a wizard and a fighter are absolutely no match for each other at 1st level in an arena setting. the only way the wizard could win is if he casts sleep, and if he does, he wins guaranteed.

so, what i wanted to do was just cover combat procedures, and give everyone an equal footing at the same time.

now, i haven't had time to work on any characters this week, so if we do more of this weekend, maybe we can use our regular characters, but the wizard and druid are going to have to be careful with how they play.
  6. Delphine New Member

I'm moving back to uni next Sunday, so wont be here. Should be here the next week though... hopefully. I've got a million things to do next week, so if i haven't been sucked in to a wormhole I'll be available. :?
  7. Roman_K New Member

As far as I know at the moment, I should be around for next week's combat session. All is well once more.
  8. Cynical_Youth New Member

Not sure about this Sunday. I'm going to play guitar with a friend of mine and do some more recording. We don't have the chance to do this very often so I'm a bit reluctant to cut it short.

What is planned for the next session?
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

nothin planned at this point, fight club is always on offer if people are going to be skipping a session.

if you need to skip a day to take advantage of recording time, that's fine with me, Coppe.
  10. Cynical_Youth New Member

Well if it's at all possible to a normal D&D session I do want to be there.