favourite pet poll

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by shadowgirl, Oct 20, 2005.

1. shadowgirl New Member

i'm new to this but heres my poll

edited to add answer to smoking gnu

Smoking Gnu asks "Do you have a pet? What kind of pet?"

yep. i got a kitty. the rest of the questions aren't relevant to me as i've already got my kitty.
  2. Willmolly3 New Member

i say Dog but Greebo as everyone can tell holds a special place in my heart! He is pure attitude!
  3. Smoking_GNU New Member

To expand on this poll:

1) Do you have a pet? What kind of pet?

2) If no, do you want a pet?

3) If yes, what kind of pet do you want?

4) If no, what kind of awnser is that?

PS: Shoudn't thiss poll be on boardainia?
  4. Willmolly3 New Member

I have a pet English Springer Spanial called Molly, she is loopy!!!
  5. Smoking_GNU New Member

To comply with my questionaair:

I have a HUGE Rodesian ridgeback/ labradore cross. He eats and drools a lot. Can bite through your leg if he doesn't like you. Will play you to death if he does like you (or drown you in dribble). He eats cats. Our pet budgies are his best palls, walking all over him (quite a hike) and nibbling him. Huge and red brown.

Strangely, if he is near small children he kalms down, doesn't jump up on people and is VERy gentle with the young one.

EDIT: Forgot to add his name. Brutus.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

It's not really an intro or avatar thread. Try to keep stuff to the right forums guys, you'll get a better response that way. Moving this to boardiana.
  7. Smoking_GNU New Member

Thanks, rincwind.
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

no worries.:)
  9. Smoking_GNU New Member

BTW: shadowgirl also posted a favourite discworld caracter on the avatar board. Could you move it too, please?
  10. Trollmother New Member

You forgot [i:9461f24e1a]both[/i:9461f24e1a] as an alternative. I have a German shepard dog and three cats. One is all black and two ginger tabbies. They bully the poor dog.
  11. Faerie New Member

I have a black toy poodle named Cujo who has developed a weird fixation with a stuffed animal, he just sits there and sucks on it. I also have an apricot toy poodle named Chewy and a orange and white cat named Pato. For those of you who don't speak spanish that means duck.
    I voted for dog because mine don't shed but the cat's fur is everywhere.
  12. chesterguy New Member

Dogs

1) I have a dog named Jodie who is obsessed with playing football in the garden... (ill see if i can post a pic later)

2) Due to being on an Animal related course at college, i've had alot of experience with both, and from my many weeks on work experience at several different vets and a kennels & cattery. In that time, though its the dogs that are always the noisiest and appear the most agressive, i got scratched far more by cats and found them far nastier than dogs when anoyed... Dogs can generally be controlled and restrained alot easier, so from my experiece i prefer dogs in this respect also
  13. Marcia Executive Onion

I had two cats, but I had to leave them with my ex when I moved to England because they are old and have medical conditions and couldn't handle the trip. One is diabetic and has a thyroid condition (he didn't have the thyroid problem till after I'd moved), and the other has heart disease, a thyroid condition, and is deaf and blind.

I still pay for 1/2 of their medical bills, including all the diabetes supplies. (The cat with the heart condition sees a cardiologist at the Animal Medical Center in NYC.)

I miss them :(

edit: I love dogs too. My ex and I had a wonderful dog who died a long time ago of old age.

My mother-in-law has a very loving dog. Maljonic and I watch her once in a while.

So I'm not going to vote.
  14. TamyraMcG Active Member

Both would have been my vote, I have a white DSH cat (with green eyes, he hears whatever he wants to hear) named Solomon, and a black and white collie cross with a curly tail named Albert. They are both very big parts of my life. They act like little boys tussling with each other especially when I am on the phone.

Albert gets to go in the car, but Solomon hates riding so he has to stay home alone, which he also hates, but I don't have to hear about it the whole time I'm driving. Albert thinks he is a little dog but he's not, and he gets along pretty well with most other dogs, but his favorite thing is barking.

Solomon used to nurse on my fingers at night but he's out grown the habit. He still likes a little special attention first thing in the morning (before the dog wakes up) then he's good to go all day and the dog can pretend we like him best, as long as Solomon gets his cat treats and his food, and first crack at the tuna fish juice, he doesn't mind that the dog gets treats and most of the petting.
  15. fairyliquid New Member

I once had a cat...but now no more :cry:
  16. colonesque10 New Member

It's got to be dogs for me I think.

I own a dog although it lives at my mums house due to me living in a shared flat. It's a springer spaniel named Max and has absolutly no sense, likes it's owner I hear you shout. :)
  17. Willmolly3 New Member

Springers Rule!!
  18. Faerie New Member

My black poodle Cujo thinks he's a cat because he tries to climb things but he is the clumsiest animal I've ever seen. It takes him a few tries to jump up on a chair and he always runs into walls when he's not looking. If he runs to fast he rolls into a somersault and keeps going.
  19. Bob New Member

I have eight rats (a mischief is collective term) they really only live 2-4 years so you get to attend a lot of funerals with rodents.

Some are stars of a TV program, and they have their own blog.. :D
    You can see them here :)

~B:wink:B~
  20. TamyraMcG Active Member

They are lovely rats, Bob.
  21. sampanna New Member

When did Bob change his spots?
    :(
  22. Bob New Member

:( [b:1d8215a2a8] != [/b:1d8215a2a8] B:wink:B

Unhappy Bob is a different Bob, so don't worry..

~B:wink:B~