fatmanintweed.com

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by plaid, Oct 7, 2005.

1. plaid New Member

so... a while back i twisted chris's arm until he let me design his forthcoming website.

it's coming along just peachy. i'm very excited about it because i love webdesigny stuff, and chris will have a new home for all his writing projects and random stuff. it'll be cool.

this post is really just me being excited about it. eventually i might show off some screenshots or something.
    in the meantime, i hope chris is around and posts to share in the excitement. :)
    everyone else is of course welcome to share in it too, just try not to splash too much.
  2. chrisjordan New Member

Plaid is officially a big meanie. I had to pick one of those poll options to see what the results were, because the 'view results' link does not let me view the results until I have. This is extremely unfair.

Oh, and you are all cowards for voting anonymously.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I voted 'yes' because being a normal, boring kid is way less cool than being a 'wierd' kid; especially when it's usually the case that the prozaic sheep-style dullard kids are the ones that call the 'other' kids wierd. :)
  4. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba voted yes because, gosh darn it, Ba knew there was a reason he loathed Chris marginally less than he loathes other humans.
  5. Tephlon Active Member

1) I voted YES.

2) If you log out of the boards you can see the results without voting.
  6. hermes New Member

I voted 'yes' because it's true.
  7. Saccharissa Stitcher

I voted "yes" because you are a teenager and therefore weird by default :p
  8. Toaf New Member

I voted yes for obvious reasons.
  9. Orrdos God

Yes.

CJ is possibly the oddest person I know.

Not the oddest person I've EVER known, that honour goes to crazy Gary, but still wierd.

:)
  10. chrisjordan New Member

*sniff* I love you all.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

I said 'mhm' because I'm scared of CJ's love.
  12. chrisjordan New Member

Don't worry, Ben. I'll never love you.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I said 'mhm', although I'm not quite sure what it means. Perhaps clearing your throat.

Chris is fun, intelligent and creative, but not weird.
  14. plaid New Member

15. chrisjordan New Member

Yes. You lie about my email address. I do not hate all girls. Just Ben. So please change it to ihateben.
  16. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Wow, that looks really good. Good work Plaid. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  17. hermes New Member

Looking good :)
  18. spiky Bar Wench

I say yes becauss I can't think for myself and weird noises writtne down always loose there impact...

And only the weird hate Ben... He's like Hello Kitty. Everyone loves it.

Cool website too
  19. sampanna New Member

20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I really like those vertical link bars.
  21. plaid New Member

announcing the all new, the adorabler, the friendlier, the lovely table-less design of mr. fat man in tweed dot com:

http://cc.usu.edu/~amelia/fatmanintweed/

i spent all afternoon slaving away at it, listening to chris pick at one thing after another. :)

now we are both happy.

next step: new and prettier graphics.

step after that: content.
  22. chrisjordan New Member

Your nose is still far too big.
  23. mowgli New Member

It's cool and quirky, although beware of people complaining about having to tilt their heads to read the menu :)
  24. Saccharissa Stitcher

Here is how InterTran translated the latin text in the opening post

Lorem itself suffering he is amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, and indeed to give her transitory incididunt when exertion and pain magna some. When in fact towards in the least degree grace anyone our work at ullamco labor if not when some out of this to make fit to follow. Duis on the other hand irure pain upon reprehenderit upon pleasant skirmish to be cillum pain good to flee nulla to pay. Except sint occaecat cupidatat not proident are upon fault who workshop to leave gently breath this is to sink.
  25. Maljonic Administrator

Well done for not using tables for layout, I've been spending over a month getting rid of tables and font tags etc from Maljonic's Dreams and making it XHTML Strict compliant. :)
  26. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Very cool, I especially like the latin bits.
  27. Maljonic Administrator

28. plaid New Member

chris may want this to be all hush hush for purposes of his own-- surprise and suspense and whatever--but i myself am both proud and excited to announce that i finished, yes Finished, the fatmanintweed design templates today and emailed all the files to chris an hour ago.

this having been done more than a month before his deadline is an amazing thing.

i'll let chris keep his launch dates to himself... but be excited people. fatmanintweed.com will be a reality very soon.
  29. plaid New Member

30. KaptenKaries New Member

Hooray! :) Nice design btw.
  31. drunkymonkey New Member

Weirdness for the win.
  32. Saccharissa Stitcher

This is too coold for words. Great Job Plaid :D
  33. Delphine New Member

Mmmm, teasertastic! With Snailbitz, yummy.

Desist the teasing, you flumping fuff. We want CoA. Like, now.