Dr Who?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by queenynci, Aug 30, 2005.

1. queenynci New Member

Eveybody has their own favourite.
    For me it just has to be Jon Pertwee.
    Those outfits!
    That hair!
    He has to be the coolest Doctor ever!
    So who is yours? (be warned- this could seriously date you!)
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I prefered Tom Baker, bit young for Pertwee; I also think that Chris Ecclston was fantastic! :)
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Dr. Nick, of Simpson's fame.

"Hi Everybody!"
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Good ole Om... always the 'Short bus special'

I was quite fond of Pertwee myself. I also really liked Peter Davidson's doctor. Like most people, I never bonded with Colin Baker's attempt at the role.

Tom Baker was possibly the best, but i don't quite know if he was my favorite.
  5. sleepy_sarge New Member

Tom Baker of course! He's completely barking mad of course but it all helps.

Christopher Ecclestone was good too (or was it just great writing/direction) and, if his other work is anything to go by, David Tennant will be pretty good in the next series
  6. ArthurDent New Member

Tom Baker of course.
  7. MayChaser New Member

Who now....

Just to bring this VERY OLD thread up to date, I'd have to say Matt Smith has totally taken on the role for me. Such a fantastic mix of nerd, eccentric and weird, but with a VERY hard core that comes through just when its needed. A brave choice at the time, especially given David Tennant's well-deserved fan base, but I for one will be VERY sorry when smith finally hangs up the bow tie and takes the batteries out of his sonic screwdriver.

Of the old, 'traditional' doctors? Pertwee without a doubt.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I agree, I think he's great. Some people I know said he was too young when he first started, but I thought perhaps it was them getting old. He's supposed to morph into random bodies anyway, no one ever said it had to be a random old bloke. Besides, it is supposed to be for young people after all - and most of them probably think he looks old anyway. :)

I think h has great character and suits the part very well. I wonder if they'll have a female doctor one day, and how well she'll play the role.
  9. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member

Tom Baker (Fourth) for me, though Pat Troughton (Second) and Matt Smith (Eleventh) are battling for close second (appropriately enough, I suppose, since Pat is Matt's own favourite).

I suppose theoretically there could be a female Doctor, ever since it was indicated the Corsair had changed sex in The Doctor's Wife, but it would just feel wrong to me.