Does anyone know how I could get the Discworld games?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by drunkymonkey, Sep 4, 2005.

1. drunkymonkey New Member

I really want to play them, and I can't get them in the shops for obvious reasons, so is there any sites or torrents I can use to get them?
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Do you mean computer games or board games? Why can't you buy them in shops, and what's a torrent?

There's Playstation Discworld Games or PC Discworld Games from Amazon.com - or do you mean board games? :)
  3. ArthurDent New Member

4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

'torrent' is a file sharing thingie. Eg, "Where can I download them illegally"

Amazon's a good place to try if they're still in print, and you can find some used stuff there as well.

eBay's possibly going to be a better bet. Thanks for suggesting it, Arthur.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I would say ebay is good too, though computer software can be a bit dodgy from there; the last two items I tried to buy on ebay got removed before the bidding was over. :)
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

we tried to buy some D&D books dirt cheap on ebay... turns out we didn't look closely enough. the auction DID say, in fine print, that they were ebooks.

priated copies. tsk.

at least I got some DVD cases I can reuse.
  7. Tephlon Active Member

8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Oh it's fine to mention The Home of the Underdogs, because they have lots of freeware stuff as well and are NOT a piracy site. They're an online museum of classic games.
  9. Bob New Member

And if not, you probably won't want to try looking on DC++ either, or maybe an abandonware site.. ?

~BoB~
  10. Smoking_GNU New Member

So THIS is where DC++ comes from!

Here in Stellenbosch university we have a network of about 5000 people (and growing every day) excluding things like network games, study related servers ect, and we all use dc++. At the hight of the day when all the users are on dc there can be close to 20 TB (On 1 hub, of which there are close to 15, allthough most people are on several hubs) of info shared. One user has a whopping 274 gig that he shares to the network.

This is part of the reason why the students here havent been doing too well the last few years, including me.

EDIT: added the hubs in brackets