Dear lord god...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 16, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

2. Electric_Man Templar

I dunno, everyone at work seemed to enjoy it... except the person who's actually pregnant. I think the baby coming out with a big grin doing the breast-stroke was the most off-putting bit for her...
  3. Guest Guest

[quote:86e317d4fe="Electric_Man"]I dunno, everyone at work seemed to enjoy it... except the person who's actually pregnant. I think the baby coming out with a big grin doing the breast-stroke was the most off-putting bit for her...[/quote:86e317d4fe]

that big grin was the best bit! if it's that easy why arn't there more babies in the world???
  4. mowgli New Member

ROTFLMAO!!!

Er... it sure as heck looked easy for the baby, but you couldn't see Mommy's face, probably for a reason!!

How young of young'uns is this for, anyway????
  5. roisindubh211 New Member

I think the birth pages look like the kid's waiting for an audience before he springs out shouting "Ta da!"

Creepy. But I like how the couple are intently staring at each other in every singly picture. THAT's devotion.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I don't have anything to compare it with, I can barely remember what they showed us at school when I was a kid - I don't think it was that much different to this though. I have no idea what they show children now.
  7. Hsing Moderator

Maybe I should add that thing's from the 70ies, and only became popular after someone scanned it for the net. :)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Well there you go then, I was a kid in the 1970s. That's why it looks similar to what I remember.
  9. mowgli New Member

I spent my gradeschool years in Soviet Union, where as everyone knows, people reproduce by budding.

I spent two subsequent years in religious schools, where sex ed was...er... downplayed.

When I finally got to High School, we were supposed to spent a week learning all about the birds and the bees, and then a big snow storm came, and we spent that week at home, occasionally helping our parents shovel their cars out.

So, yeah... my particular generation grew up to be EXTREMELY clueless!
  10. spiky Bar Wench

Hell It kind of looked that baby was flying out of there and could have injured any doctor that may have thought of assisting in this birth by smacking him in the nose...

Coming from the 70s explains the grins. They were all high. Even the baby.
  11. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:bbe75c4b13="Maljonic"]I don't have anything to compare it with, I can barely remember what they showed us at school when I was a kid - I don't think it was that much different to this though. I have no idea what they show children now.[/quote:bbe75c4b13]

The stuff they show us at the end of elementry school was nothing like this (well, it might have changed in the 6 years since I left elementry school, but considering the that the relifous right has since gained a lot of power I doubt they would have made it even more graphic). To tell the truth, I think it created more confusion than it cleared up. Event the stuff we get in High school is not quite as graphic.
  12. peggster New Member

Goodness, that book's got to be a joke! Call me naive, but that's just ridiculous. Ye gods, do they really show stuff like that to kids? I don't know if any of you understand any German, but the way they wrote it's like talking to idiots and not to children.
    I've just had a job at a school and if they really did show stuff like that to school kids, they'd be just rothltheirao! Have you heard kids talking these days? They know way more than children used to when I was young. And I always thought I knew a lot, thanks to my three older brothers...
    Then again, that baby in the book, that grin is another reason why I don't have any yet... ;-)
  13. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:7f5fff3966="peggster"]I don't know if any of you understand any German, but the way they wrote it's like talking to idiots and not to children.
    [/quote:7f5fff3966]
    Could someone please supply a translation of the text.
  14. peggster New Member

I'll try my best, just give me a while.
  15. peggster New Member

Okay, here goes. I know it's not the best translation, nonetheless, it even sounds a little smarter in English.
    And I noticed that there are a few pages missing.
    If there are any words that need to be deleted I'm sorry, 't was not my intention, just translating.

page 4:
    Here you see a baby.
    Do you know how it was born?

page 5:
    Here you see father and mother.
    They had the baby together.

page 6:
    Here father and mother have no clothes on.
    You can see mother's breasts and mothers slit. (sorry, if that's not a good word, that's what they call it in the book)
    The slit is called vagina.

You can see father's dong. (kind of best translation I could find, it's kinda like cat : kitten, if you get my meaning)
    The dong is called penis.
    You also can see the (cat : kitten = nuts : ?),
    which father has between his legs.
    It's called scrotum.

page 7:
    Mother and father love each other a lot.
    They kiss one another.
    Father's penis has grown (become?) big.
    It stands straight up. (I'm translating by the word. As best as I can. Sorry.)

Mother and father would like for father's penis to come (glide?) into mother's vagina.
    Because that is nice.

page 8:
    Mother and father lie down on the bed.
    The "put" the penis into the vagina.
    So they can play with each other.
    Father and mother are rocking up and down. (don't know how that's properly translated. Back and forth?)

That's called cohabitation. (Never heard of that word before...)
    That can really be very nice.
    This way mother and father can have a baby, if they want to.

page 9:
    Mother and father love each other a lot.
    They want to have a baby.
    In the father's scrotum there are a lot of tiny sperm/semen.
    When father and mother are having a cohabitation (?),
    the semen leaves the penis.

The semen swim into mother's vagina and come into a cave in mother's belly. (? - anyone experienced in translations, I'll be thankfull for your help/criticism/whatever)
    This cave is called womb/uterus.
    In there, every once in a while, there is a tiny egg.

page 16:
    A good many days go by.
    Nine months have passed,
    since the semen and the egg have found each other.
    Now the child is so big, it wants out of there.

page 17:
    Mother's belly is so big,
    she hardly fits into any dress.
    "I can feel my womb contracting",
    mother tells father. (correct medical vocabulary?)

"Soon it'll be time for me
    to have our baby."

page 18:
    Father takes mother to hospital.

page 19:
    Mother lays (?) down in bed at the hospital.
    Then a doctor comes
    and talks to mother and father.
    The doctor will help the mother with the child-birth.

page 20:
    Then mother starts to have the baby.
    First the child's head comes out of mother's vagina.

page 21:
    Then the child's arms appear.

page 22:
    Now the child has come out completly.
    The doctor has cut the umbilical cord. (isn't the father supposed to do that? just wondering)
    The child is born.

page 23:
    Mother and child rest for a few days.
    Then they come home.
    When the child gets hungry
    it drinks mild from mother's breasts.

I probably should have said "the father" and "the mother", but what the heck...
  16. spiky Bar Wench

:lol:
    It just got better... Slit and dong. I shall probably die laughing...
  17. peggster New Member

That's what my translation software offered...
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, there are so many names for them anyway...

And the umbilical doesn't have to be cut by the father, that's just an option, some hospitals encourage it, others don't even want the father in the delivery room, it really varies a lot...

Even so, OMGG, that book is... amazing ! :D All I remember us having was biological diagrams of the vagina and penis, definately not explicitly attached to a human body, and even less so interacting in a cohabitation ! :oops: :shock: :D I suppose it all depends what age they are aiming it at... if its for 5 year olds, yeah, ok, why not, but for anything older than that, they probably get laughed at by the kids :D
  19. peggster New Member

Yep, and even if those parts were attached to a human body, they still weren't anatomically correct. But then again, isn't stuff like that called "lies for kids" by T.P's co-authors? :cooler:
    Thanks for the explanation about the (cutting of the) umbilical, it's just a thing you get to see in movies a lot, where it's always the totally unnerved dad being asked to cut it. :badgrin:
  20. Angua_rox New Member

Thanks for the translation Peggster. . . .

That's hilarious.

In my school this nurse comes in to show . . .well, tell, us all how to use pads and tampons and stuff and everyone asks "will the tampons get stuck?" and leaves swearing NEVER to use tampons.

It's really funny :)
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh yeah, we had that in my first year (secondary) in England, but too late in the year...
    All the girls already knew, because one poor girl had had her first period and not dared to ask her mum, she knew she should use a pad, and that it was supposed to stick, but she... got the wrong idea... And she was crying because it was stuck to her when we changed for sport, the bitch of a teacher ripped it off her, called her a stupid c*** and yelled at her in front of every one. Her name wasn't Carrie... God that teacher was a cow...
  22. peggster New Member

My goodness, can't remember any kind of that stuff happening when I used to go to school!
    All I remember is the talk about AIDS and HIV, but there was not a word lost about tampons or the like. Neither did we have some nurse for that, it was just our teacher.
    I guess they expected us to find things out on our own somehow. As far as I recall we did... Thanks to certain youth magazines and older friends.
    None of my friends and/or classmates was ever worried about anything getting stuck.
    And nobody would've dared to touch a pupil/student like that... They would've been in big trouble.
    Maybe it's a sort of country-thing? Different country, different education?
    Anyways, I do hope that young adults nowadays know where and how to find the information they're looking for. Or at least who to ask.
    Though, hearing the news and various statistics, it doesn't seem so, sadly enough.
  23. KaptenKaries New Member

I dunno guys, I don't there's anything to mock here. I mean, the illustrations might be a bit comical, but they're not saying anything untrue, are they?

I don't think there's any good reason to lie to children about human sexuality and reproduction. Why make such a big fuzz about it. I think it's far worse to deny a kid knowledge.

Only bit I think they could've put in the book was the bit about "you're probably not gonna be interested in all this until you reach puberty."
  24. Hsing Moderator

Actually, if I think long enough about it, remembering my school-education in that field, and the attitude of most grown ups on explaining us any details, I can almost understand why, in the[i:c90a5edbf8] 70ies, [/i:c90a5edbf8]someone would have come up with something like this.

I mean, everything regarding sexuality was, even after the late 60ies, something you had absolutely no words for, and couldn't talk about as a child; it was also still connected more to guilt and something rather creepy, than anything having to do with fun. I remember a lot of misconceptions being passed on from 9-year-old to 9-year-old... For example, my sister had kissed her playmate on the lips when she was 6. Rather cute, actually. A friend of mine insisted for quite some time that she'd instantly get pregnant, belatedly so to say, as soon as she hit puberty... And that was in the 80ies!

There was an anti movement to that status quo that went slightly over the top by offering vocabulary, but often gutter vocabulary in response, and produced over-the-top stuff like this book not only in print, but in films, too. The gaga-language and the creepy pics give this one a lasting entertainment value, of course.
  25. Pixel New Member

When I was at school in the sixties, the very limited "sex education" was part of the Divinity (Religious Instruction) classes - and the teacher was a Roman Catholic, so guess what particular aspect was downplayed - or to be more accurate - derided - "washing your feet with your socks on" was his description of condoms!
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ahhh, the catholic approach to contraception... I learned a lot about the human body when we were having our pre-marriage "lessons" with our local priest, who was from Burundi, and was training in France to return there as a trainer for other priests.

- The female's temperature varies during her cycle (so far so good) when she's ovulating, her temperature goes up to 40°C, so if you don't want a baby right now, don't make love to her when her temperature is this high. (non, don't make love to her, take her to casualty, she's dying !)

- A female's period never lasts more than 3 days. Non, absolutely not. Never. (To which I answered "Oh, really, how often has this happened to you ?" he pretended not to have heard)

- The very best method of contraception is breast feeding, while you are breast feeding there is absolutely no way whatsoever you can become pregnant. (Ok, 2 points here : ok, but this means you have to have a child first and keep breast feeding it for a long time, and secondly, it's bollocks)

Oh what fun times we had with him... but it is slightly creepy to think that it's people like him that are spreading the word about contraception in the most AIDS-ridden continent on earth...
  27. Hsing Moderator

And this is not 40 years ago?

No?

Oh, so you weren't even born then, and its parctically just a few years ago...?

My hair stands on end.
  28. Katcal I Aten't French !

3 years ago, precisely. Scary, isn't it ! I mean I can understand that the average catholic priest won't ever know much about women's bodies, but if they're expected to teach people, they should at least learn the right facts to start off with...
  29. roisindubh211 New Member

Wow. That is really awful- we got sex ed in religion classes, from our priest, but he quite wisely didn't go into that aspect. Basically, he gave a very quick, scientific explanation of how things work (on a cellular level, no actual mention of 'how things work') and made no secret that what he was telling us was the Church's views on the whole situation. An explanation coming from a spiritual standpoint was much appreciated,* especially since he didn't try to tell us [i:b47d5dd927]what[/i:b47d5dd927] we should do, just [i:b47d5dd927]why[/i:b47d5dd927] the church doctrine was what it was.

In fairness, though, on the birth control question, there are 'rhythm based' methods that are being developped with more accuracy- if your cycle fits a certain description; one at least has you take your temperature first thing every morning.

The breast-feeding thing is funny; it is supposed to work that way, and for some people, they don't start ovulating until that's done. But that's what my aunt was told for years. Two of her six kids are barely a year apart...(they did have every intention of six children, i just think she'd have liked to not have two infants on her hands at once.)

*[I'd had enough of public school- my sixth grade teacher (ie, i was 12 and the oldest in my class at the time) taught us various things which I do not remember, but seemed to enjoy her opportunity to tell children things that would shock them. I did not need to know exactly how men had sex with each other at that age. I still don't need that information, really. We hadn't really been taught the basics for male/female couples, and I think that needed to be addressed first, especially since her handling of the subject served no purpose but to gross us out. Not a very tolerant attitude. And I want to know who thought mixed classes for sex ed was a good idea? Really, puberty is embarrassing enough without hearing about it in a class with boys.][/i]
  30. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:fb8329c4f8="roisindubh211"]In fairness, though, on the birth control question, there are 'rhythm based' methods that are being developped with more accuracy- if your cycle fits a certain description; one at least has you take your temperature first thing every morning.[/quote:fb8329c4f8]

Oh yes, the temperature thing does work pretty well if performed correctly on "standard" women, it's just the 40°C that was amazing... The whole point was that he global issues were kind of correct, like the breast feeding or the periods, he just got the details wrong and stuck to them like glue, even when all the ladies present agreed that he was wrong and told him so... It turned out that he wasn't the priest who married us in the end, we had one who was much more open-minded and pleasant, a lot more like yours... (and a good job too, no-one would have been able to understand a word he said, he had the most terrible accent ! but then half the people there were english-speaking anyway and the french half weren't listening :D)
  31. Angua_rox New Member

Yeah, everyone I know myself got perfectly accurate info from parents etc if not ideally early enough, at least before they hit puberty.

No, I disagree, I had mixed sex-ed in small groups and it was so much fun :) :) it does take a good teacher though.

A hard enough thing to find.

Last year I had a pop-up sex ed book. . . . . :) it rocked :)
  32. roisindubh211 New Member

ours was initially the entire gradelevel in one room, all at once. All I know is that its not conducive to asking questions, and when the teacher the year after (the one I've mentioned before) offered us her question box, so we could ask anonymously, she'd already put me off wanting to hear anything she had to say.
  33. randywine Member

In my [Catholic] secondary school in the early 80's. The teachers / priests / thought police TRULY believed that they should NOT teach about any contraception and this would PREVENT unwanted pregnancy... 23 or so years later I still cannot fathom this blinkered way of thinking... and I guess neither could the two girls from my year that had to leave school at 15 and 16 because they were indeed pregnant.
    I believe TP mentioned something like this in Soul Music about Susans school and self defence - I'll have to go and look it up after work.

Regards

R.
  34. Saccharissa Stitcher

At least this book is a start for the 5-year-olds. Sex Ed is terrible (see non existant) in Greece and it is one of the reasons that we have, as a country, such a high prevailance of termination of pregnancies.
  35. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:c3a148825f="peggster"]Goodness, that book's got to be a joke! Call me naive, but that's just ridiculous. Ye gods, do they really show stuff like that to kids? I don't know if any of you understand any German, but the way they wrote it's like talking to idiots and not to children.
    I've just had a job at a school and if they really did show stuff like that to school kids, they'd be just rothltheirao! Have you heard kids talking these days? They know way more than children used to when I was young. And I always thought I knew a lot, thanks to my three older brothers...
    Then again, that baby in the book, that grin is another reason why I don't have any yet... ;-)[/quote:c3a148825f]

[quote:c3a148825f="Hsing"]Maybe I should add that thing's from the 70ies, and only became popular after someone scanned it for the net. :)[/quote:c3a148825f]

now, the observant reader will have noticed hsing's post, because it was before peggster's. the observant reader will also have noticed hsing's from germany, and thus probably a bit of an expert on this.

thus the observant reader might come to the conclusion that, silly though the pictures may be, they're not some internet prank.
  36. Katcal I Aten't French !

And the really observant reader will have noticed that peggster's from Germany too :cooler:
  37. Marcia Executive Onion

I grew up in the 70s, and went to New York public schools, and in first grade (6 years old) we saw a slide show explaining pretty much what it said in the book here, but using real people to demonstrate, instead of drawings.

I remember because:

1. I had heard the word "fuck" many times before and thought it was just a word to insult people; I was so excited that I finally knew what it really meant.

2. One of the girls in my class got so upset she went to the bathroom and started throwing up, and the teacher had to rescue her.

I learned about menstruation in Girl Scouts. We all got starter packs with various types of pads and tampons, so we would be prepared when the first day arrived. Actually, there is very little else that I remember about Girl Scouts.

Sex ed in high school was about birth control and sexually transmitted diseases.
  38. spiky Bar Wench

I actually had a fairly comprehensive sex ed program at school, including babies, std's, contraception methods and their uses and risks... Although most of what stuck I learnt from my step-sister...

My mum's effort at sex-ed was when we were on holiday I was about 9. She gave me a book called "Where did I come from?" sent me to my room and made me read. Kind of pointless, seeming as how I knew everything in the book already. The joy of having siblings who are older by a few years.
  39. Andalusian New Member

My school's attempts at sex ed have been dire to say the least. It is all about knowing details about various forms of contraception (but not how to use them) and medical stuff about STDs (but not how to detect them). Also has a fair bit about homosexuality, which is done in a mildly offensive way, as it sets up an "us" and "them" mentality, which is simply not realistic.

Luckily I was given a good education by my parents. My favourite book as a small child was about where babies come from. It was reasonably graphic, with photographs of the developing baby. Then I found the rest out myself. The joy of the internet, gossipy adults and friends.
  40. Hex New Member

I don't remember much of sex ed. I vaguely recall videos and books, none of which were particularly exciting, and those dealt mostly with The Process, as it were.

Didn't hear much about the STD and contraception thing until high school, and the education served me well to the point where paranoia ensued around horny teenage boys -- of which there were many at my school. But I think that considering the boys that were available paranoia was wise!

I don't know what the sex ed is like at my current school, but as far as I can tell the kids don't listen to it. A girl I used to have class with just had a baby.
    The worst part? She only found out she was pregnant two months ago.
    Which is very worrying if you ask me.

Teen pregnancy has become a social norm at my school. And most of the US I would guess.
    Hooray for the abstinence only policy! :roll:
  41. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:672b237529="Marcia"]I learned about menstruation in Girl Scouts. We all got starter packs with various types of pads and tampons, so we would be prepared when the first day arrived. Actually, there is very little else that I remember about Girl Scouts.[/quote:672b237529]

Wow, now THAT is a good idea !!!! :shock: Yay for girl scouts !!!
  42. Ba Lord of the Pies

Indeed. Unlike the boyscouts, the girl scouts are not associated with any particular religion, and are not a discriminatory organization.
  43. Roman_K New Member

[quote:d404eda399="Hex"] don't know what the sex ed is like at my current school, but as far as I can tell the kids don't listen to it. A girl I used to have class with just had a baby.
    The worst part? She only found out she was pregnant two months ago.
    Which is very worrying if you ask me.[/quote:d404eda399]

Agreed.
  44. Pixel New Member

One can tell a lot about a culture by its jokes:

"A young biology teacher due to give a sex education lesson found that the slide projector wasn't working - in order to carry on with the lesson, she decided to illustrate it by taking her own clothes off. Suddenly, one boy left his desk and headed for the door. When challenged by the teacher, he said "My mother told me that if I looked at a naked woman, I'd turn to stone - and it's starting to happen!""

"A young girl who was a late developer started work in a broom factory. Then she started growing pubic hair - this caused her to panic and go to the foreman to explain that she had to leave the job because she was growing bristles like a broom. The foreman tried to explain that this was perfectly normal, and illustrated it by dropping his trousers - to which the girl's response was "You see - it gets worse - you're growing the broomhandle as well!""

(Note - I did not just invent those - they have been around for a long time.)

Add in the film "Carrie" and one can see how much ignorance of sex is built into Western culture - ideally, children should be taught at school about sex and what changes are going to happen to their bodies [i:902d882f8c]before[/i:902d882f8c] it starts to happen - many parents get embarrassed discussing sex with their children (I know mine were) - and surely separating the sexes for school sex lessons would be only reinforcing the idea that there is something smutty about the whole thing?

Of course, the basic teaching should include contraception, risk of disease, etc. as well as the basic mechanics - whether there should be an "Advanced" course (possibly optional, but maybe not) at an older age on "How to please your partner" (Kama Sutra 101? :) ) is a matter for debate!
  45. roisindubh211 New Member

the point of separating the classes is in case anyone has any questions- I know we were all way too embarrassed in front of the boys, and they were too embarrassed to be seen to be even paying attention.

quoting Ba:
    [quote:0a8ba910dd]Indeed. Unlike the boyscouts, the girl scouts are not associated with any particular religion, and are not a discriminatory organization.[/quote:0a8ba910dd]

Yeah, the girl scouts change their policy, books, uniforms and mission statement every time a new trend comes along. I was in it for years and never managed to learn the "Promise" we're supposed to recite because it got updated so often with new "PC" terms. I would have much preferred the boyscouts in that respect. Except my mom was our troopleader, and she was the coolest (we had members from about six other troops switch into ours because of her. I can only hope to seem that cool to my (hypothetical) kids and their friends.)
  46. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:b3b8ee9799="Katcal"]And the really observant reader will have noticed that peggster's from Germany too :cooler:[/quote:b3b8ee9799]

*stabs katcal*

no witnesses.
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

Even a not very observant reader would notice the blood and guts on the floor... well, they would if it wasn't already covered in the decaying remains of spellingless newbits and other unholy beings...
  48. Rincewind Number One Doorman

....like your mum?

Ahahahahahahahahaha. I'm SO funny.*

* And no, not to look at.
  49. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:82161bab92="Rincewind"]* And no, not to look at.[/quote:82161bab92]
    No, especially not to look at. Unless puking is one's way of expressing laughter... :cooler:
  50. Human New Member

Ah, sex ed. My first class, sixth grade, the teacher wore a short skirt with black underpants, and didn't realize she was flashing us every time she sat down. A most memorable introduction to the adventure of puberty. I didn't learn a thing all class.

Before that, I first learned about the birds and the bees when I picked up a book from the children's section entitled "The Willing Spirit." I really don't know how it got misshelved there, what with the naked woman on the cover and all.
  51. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ahhh, books :D The funniest one for me was "The blue bicycle" by Regine Desforges, my mum picked it for me when I was 13, there was a sweet looking girl on the cover, with a blue bicycle, and the back cover blurb said it was all about a young french girl in the WW2 years, taking part in the resistance... Yeah, well, she didn't resist that much :D The book is basically a copy of gone with the wind, set in the late 30's in France, but an X rated gone with the wind... Thanks mum ! :D
  52. Guest Guest

My first experience of sex ed was a video in the lower school, naked people playing volley ball. Now i am grown i realise this would just have been classed as porn if there wasn't a short bit about what womens bits do and what mens bits do.

My next experience was secondary school, condom on a banana, tampon in a jug of water, all sorted.

My education in that stuff was learned as i went along after i left school, i went to an all girls school and was one of 18 out of 32 in my form that didn't get pregnant during 5th year and 6th form. Pretty poor averages there i think, no wonder my school was known as prampushers! I don't think it helped that we were less than half a mile away from an all boys school and our playing fields backed on to one another.
  53. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:ac66fe27c6="misswhiplash"]our playing fields backed on to one another.[/quote:ac66fe27c6]
    **Mocks missie's lack of sex ed** Nah, no way you can get pregnant being back to back... it's back to front or front to front that are the dangerous ones... :D
  54. KaptenKaries New Member

Don't forget top to bottom, that's another safe one!
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:da84c25ab8="KaptenKaries"]Don't forget top to bottom, that's another safe one![/quote:da84c25ab8]
    Safe from baby-making, not from STD... unless of course you mean sucking your partner's toes, which is just plain yukk...
  56. Mynona Member

First of all, isn't it true that most of what you learn you learn from other children (often slightly older) most of what was new in sex-ed was the STD's, at least for me. We had this really strange cartooned sex-ed video which drew parallells between having sex and plaing pinball though.

And on the note of not having sex-ed,, or not having a good one, there's a theory around (won't tell from which country) that goes something like 'if we don't tell the kids they'll never figure it out by themselves...'