Boardonwealth Games: The Review

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

This will start with an event-by-event review.

The Flame

The first event conjoured seven competitors and it was a very tight event, with only a single vote between each medal position. Katcal won the event, with a mixture of insults and assisted suicide, for which the police are asking her questions. Orrdos and Electric_Man won the other medals.

Discus

The most heavily participated in event with 20 competitors. With a late bid for the line, Tephlon won relatively easily. He edged out Katcal and Orrdos in the medal positions.

Misspellathon

This contest had fewer participants but was nevertheless a heated battle which ended with Victimov8 roundly humiliated. Cynical_Youth took the honours ahead of Spiky and Ba, but in a late twist the gold and silver medals found their way to Ba and two bodies were found in the river.

Long Thread Diversion

Another well-populated event, garnering 10 contestants ended with a narrow victory for the late, late entry by Cynical_Youth. The remaining medal places had to be decided by chance due to a three way tie, eventually Electric_Man and Victimov8 received these.

100m Newbie Introduction

Another very close event was won by the tiny margin of 2 minutes by Cynical_Youth once more, who edged out Katcal and Hsing in a thrilling race.

Equestripod

Six artists went into the arena only three came out... Orrdos eventually won his own event fairly comfortably, but it was left to lady luck to split second and third. She chose Hex over Delphine.

Cunning Linguist

Run by Cynical_Youth, this event taxed many brains and was seemingly dominated by Lipi - until she realised that she had misread the rules and honourably abdicated her crown to Hsing who stole it on the tiebreak from Tephlon. Kapten Karies getting third.

Sailing

Possibly the most frenetic event the games has ever witnessed! It all started off very serenely but in the end it was a pitched battle through choppy waters which ended with Cynical_Youth at the prow edging out Kapten Karies. The two players dominated the proceedings but Katcal edged out the other competitors to take the final medal position.

Tripodathlon

The last event was another tight contest that was only decided at the last moment by the discus portion. The discus ensured that Ba won, with Cynical_Youth and Katcal trailing.

In a games where no other person got more than one gold, one man walked away with the individual prize after gathering four seperate gold medals.
    The [color=orange:e296e36c2b]Individual Winner[/color:e296e36c2b] is: [size=18:e296e36c2b]Cynical_Youth[/size:e296e36c2b]

A new award has been created for the person who has done the most to uphold the integrity of the games. The person this year made a mistake, but instead of walking away with some ill-gotten gains, held their hand and admitted to the mistake
    The [color=green:e296e36c2b]Fair Play Award[/color:e296e36c2b] goes to [size=18:e296e36c2b]Lipi[/size:e296e36c2b]

Only one thing remains, to thank all those who participated in the games in any form. Without participants, the games could not have happened. Thank you.

We will reconvene at the next appropriate moment to go through this all again!
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

What, I don't even get a [color=red:a504dd016b]Sexiest avatar with medals award[/color:a504dd016b] ? :D

Oh, ok, congrats, CY, 4 gold medals is quite something !
  3. Guest Guest

If you get the sexiest avatar with medals award then i think it only fair that i should get the person who didn't join in but laughed so much she nearly pee'd herself award......seems fair!!!

and yes, Well Done CY, 4 is a great achievement...
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

And we still haven't had the final pillow fight...
  5. Guest Guest

If we ever had the final pillow fight, you would only get silver. Seems hardly worth your while honey! :D
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Being allowed to whack someone with a pillow is worth it even for a spoon ;)

Actually, whacking someone with a spoon is probably just as fun, and I have two of those already !!!!! (5 ! + mad grin :D )
  7. Tephlon Active Member

Whoa!

I won a gold and a silver...
    I forgot to check back for the Disc'us!

And I didn't know that Lipi had given up her Gold so I got silver.

Good on you, Lipi!
  8. Guest Guest

[quote:fa8079f4d3="Katcal"]Being allowed to whack someone with a pillow is worth it even for a spoon ;)

Actually, whacking someone with a spoon is probably just as fun, and I have two of those already !!!!! (5 ! + mad grin :D )[/quote:fa8079f4d3]

Wooden spoons would be fine with me, i have had practice with Towel Whipping and Pillow Fighting so i think you will still be looking at a silver medal mate!

Anytime, Anywhere........
  9. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba's pillows are full of bricks, lead shot and rusty nails.

Bring it.
  10. Guest Guest

[quote:6ffed2a52e="Ba"]Ba's pillows are full of bricks, lead shot and rusty nails.

Bring it.[/quote:6ffed2a52e]

Mine wouldn't be filled with anything less than that, This could be alot of fun! Plastic explosive is also an additioinal option if going for the special effects!
  11. Delphine New Member

Where's my pillow?
  12. Orrdos God

Well, I think Garner would win any sort of pillow fight with his CEMENT BAG PILLOW OF DOOM.

It causes concussion. It can knowck down walls. It can even break Kennys skull.

It should really be banned by some sort of convention
  13. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:23491e3541="Orrdos"]It should really be banned by some sort of convention[/quote:23491e3541]

Well we could have a convention just to ban Garner's pillow, we could make it tax deductable, so everyone could write off the expense and get the money back from the government. Now thats thinking.

It could be the Pillow Fighting Convention, where the rules are established (i.e. banning Garner), and then we could have a round robin event of pillow fights. Mine is filled with an unstable mix of Tungsten, Actinis, and Nobelis, so I can get radioactive on your arse.
  14. Ba Lord of the Pies

There should only be one rule for pillow fights. One must be willing and able to sleep on their pillow after it has been filled. *Fills his with suffering and nails*
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ba is an amateur...

**Fills her fluffy fluorescant pink pillowcase with teletubbies, balamory theme tunes and Pop Idol CDs, and adds a crazy frog ringtone for extra annoyance**

Now that is torture... nails are soooo last year... :cooler:
  16. Guest Guest

After careful consideration, i have decided to take a different tact with my pillow......i'm going to fill it with love, happiness, cute puppies, hope and friendship......i know how evil this is to Ba and Kat but i think its worth it just to win.

Sorry to have to upset you both like this but needs must when you are a very competitive person!

:badgrin:
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sorry, but all of those do nothing to me, I was vaccinated as a kid... (Except for the puppies, but on their own they're pretty lame...)

Unfortunately the most irritating song on earth is french, and so would probably not be of any good. Damn that penguin.
  18. sampanna New Member

Ahem .. to get back ..
    Congrats CY, you win the weirdest of the weirdest :)

Come the revolution, [u:4d66ce490c]all[/u:4d66ce490c] pillow fighters will be torched.
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

20. sampanna New Member

[quote:d8952ba040="Katcal"]Start with these guys then :D[/quote:d8952ba040]

With pleasure :evil:
  21. Cynical_Youth New Member

Yay! Thanks, although I really wanted a wooden spoon.