Boardania: The Soundtrack

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Ba, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Ba Lord of the Pies

Hsing's CD-Swap got Ba to thinking. No, no, it's all right. Ba isn't thinking about murder. Well, he wasn't... *Kills Doors* Anyway, the point is, he thought it might be fun to come up with a sort of soundtrack for the boards in a futile attempt to relieve the unrelenting despair and misery in the lives of all those who have the misfortune not to be Ba.

For example, Tephlon's theme might be Jonathon Coulton's Code Monkey. Ella and Doors suggest a theme of low standards, and thus Alice Cooper's You and Me. For the lurkers whose presence has been lacking of late, perhaps Dr. Reanimator's Move Your Dead Bones.
  2. Hsing Moderator

I couldn't help but think of AC/DCs "Thunder" as a theme to Ba's webcomic persona.
  3. Roman_K New Member

*plays the Imperial March*

Don't mind me. ;)
  4. Gypsy New Member

I've thought of one for Joc, only I don't know the name of it, or who it's by. It does have a fiddle in it and it goes

"dee doo doo - doe doo doo - dee dum di dum di dum
    dee doo doo - doe doo doo - dee dum di dum di dum...etc etc"

It's often heard when you're put on hold,
    or playing in the background during a pub scene set in Ire/Scot land...

Jolly little jig though.
  5. Hsing Moderator

Okay, maybe we have to turn this idea around. I thought it was initially funny, but got lost in the archives quickly because the thread was opened in one of our quiet time windows.

I thought somebody on this board might be identified by the following songs, but couldn't quite make up my mind, so those of you who know them or have an opportunity to listen to them have a pick and cast someone for them:

Macy Gray - You are relating to a psychopath
    Depeche Mode - Master And Servant
    Everything But The Girl - The Heart Remains A Child
    Faithless - Hem Of His Garment
    Haysi Fantayzee - Here Comes The Beast
    Massive Attack - Karmacoma

Or just add whatever you think of.
  6. Pepster New Member

Back in Black - ACDC
  7. Hsing Moderator

Would that be your theme, then? Or Leathermonkey's? Or is it applied to everyone who returns after a long absence (possibly in a stylish way)?
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down - Dragonmother.
  9. Tephlon Active Member

10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Plaid - Brian Wilson's "Our Prayer / Gee" from the SMiLE project

also, is it just me, or is the guitar lick intro to the original recording of Love Rollercoaster by The Ohio Players really underrated?
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Are you calling me parenthetical? ;)
  12. Orrdos God

His webcomic persona?

There is only Ba.