Baby Photos Competition - Official Thread

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Ok, it's official. Om may ride the short bus, but Clay's bus is so short that even Rinso can't fit into it.

Nothing does more justice than a pout.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

3. jaccairn New Member

I obviously need to spend more time staring at faces when I meet people :)
  4. Tephlon Active Member

I have other pictures of me.

I'll mail one.

edit: LOL at Katcal!
  5. KaptenKaries New Member

I was at my parents' house this weekend, sat there at dinner thinking "after dinner I'll scout the house for pics of me to scan" but I forgot it once I'd finished my plate. :-(

I'll try to remember next time!
  6. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

[size=24:9cedd17dda][color=red:9cedd17dda][b:9cedd17dda]The Pictures are Posted[/b:9cedd17dda][/color:9cedd17dda][/size:9cedd17dda]

[size=16:9cedd17dda][b:9cedd17dda]Answers Link[/b:9cedd17dda][/size:9cedd17dda]

I re-posted the link to the pictures' page answers as soon as I'd uploaded them, Grace. Hope you don't mind.

I would like to propose a big thank you to Grace for giving us so much hilarity with the selection of babies; not to mention the hours of lost sleep and anxiety when we thought we had guessed wrong.

[color=olive:9cedd17dda]I did think that wrapping her in electric eels and baking her into a pie especialy for Ba was a good idea. - But then we wouldn't get a second competition[/color:9cedd17dda] :)
  7. Hsing Moderator

So, Ben confused us because you were so dashingly blond as a kid, and I wasn't? See... I thought the houses in the background looked so English...

Congratulations to Ella!
    And sorry Garner for not only confusing you, but actually pick a girl...
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmm, Joculator, nice sword and tan you have there :D And Anj has grown an extra head like me, that's reassuring :D

Thanks to both of our super organisers ! (bingley bingley beep !)
  9. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

He..he.. Kat, well spotted. That picture was taken at the ECTS Computer fair a couple of years ago. There was a 6' 6" giant swinging a big sword about and challenging people during the launch of a new PC game. My mates thought it would be fun to volunteer me. That was the 'personal' trainer I was assigned to teach me swordplay. Boy, were they jealous! :)
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:97997c17fd="Hsing"]So, Ben confused us because you were so dashingly blond as a kid, and I wasn't? See... I thought the houses in the background looked so English... [/quote:97997c17fd]
    That's what I thought - I thought the background was a dead giveaway. But I also thought a lot of things that were proved dead wrong - like the assumption that the bow in Tamyra's hair would help people realise she was a little girl, or that Bauke and Garner look exactly the same in their baby photos as they do now and so on.

[quote:97997c17fd="Joculator"]I would like to propose a big thank you to Grace for giving us so much hilarity with the selection of babies; not to mention the hours of lost sleep and anxiety when we thought we had guessed wrong.[/quote:97997c17fd]
    You're quite welcome! It was very enjoyable for me too. And thanks for putting up those grown-up pics.

Katcal, the Baby Garner 2000 kit is hilarious. :D I was expecting someone to scribble on the photo in MS Paint, not to produce a must-have Christmas item for every household!
  11. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

When are the photos for Baby Pix II going to be ready, Grace?
    From the comments, you've probably got the rest of the board membership queuing up with submissions now. :)
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I haven't received any yet! I'm sure they'll start rolling in soon.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

**ten minutes later**

Baby Garner ! :D

**moves mouse**

Pumpkin Garner ! :lol:

**moves mouse**

Baby Garner ! :D

Gah this is so addictive ! :lol:

[quote:b1991b1922="Buzzfloyd"]Katcal, the Baby Garner 2000 kit is hilarious. :D I was expecting someone to scribble on the photo in MS Paint, not to produce a must-have Christmas item for every household![/quote:b1991b1922]
    Pah, just wait t'ill I do a Flash version where you can put the accessories on the baby !! :D
  14. Delphine New Member

>rules<

thank you, thank you.

I'm not surprised i was an easy baby to guess, considering that the whole "ella's got an afro lol" thing came from that very picture in the first place. Doors nicked it for my tripod character, and lo, it stuck. But no more do i have it! see?
  15. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:253f62b612]I'm not surprised i was an easy baby to guess, considering that the whole "ella's got an afro lol" thing came from that very picture in the first place. Doors nicked it for my tripod character, and lo, it stuck. But no more do i have it! see?
    [/quote:253f62b612]
    Well, don't you look all posh?! I nearly used this shot for your adult photo, to make the point... :)

Kat, I sat and did that too for ages!

Edit: fix quote.
  16. Delphine New Member

That was Rinso's hair manipulator!! My hair gets that "dragged through a bush" messy look naturally. No products needed. When Rinso wakes up though, I bet his hair is irritatingly sleek and perfect. It must take him ages to un-do it.

I confused Ben for a girl at first too. Also, I confused Grace and Fairyliquid at first. I wonder what Garner was looking at when he had that photo taken. And baby-Bauke was super cute. Awwwwwwwwww.

Looking forward to round 2! I promise a baby Doors this time, honest :)
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Coolio! Everyone will be looking out for the tartan nappy. ;)
  18. spiky Bar Wench

Bends over for my spanking with the wooden spoon...

SOme of them are soooo obvious when you see the adult versions but gah, I guess I'm just lame.

and lol to Kat for brightening up my morning... I will definitely be getting in on the action next round.
  19. TamyraMcG Active Member

This was fun, I eagerly await round two. That's not the only time I've been mistaken for a boy and my oldest nephew was so beautiful people thought he was a girl. You wouldn't think that about him now, especially when he's in his Air Force uniform.
  20. [quote:09bb068ce7="Katcal"]And Anj has grown an extra head like me, that's reassuring :D[/quote:09bb068ce7]
    :lol: Ah yes, that was my best Zaphod Beeblebrox impression.

[quote:09bb068ce7="Katcal"]Thanks to both of our super organisers ! (bingley bingley beep !)[/quote:09bb068ce7]

I second that! Awesome idea Miss Grace and Joculator, that was really neat how you set it all up. Thanks, you guys!
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:de3768d0b5="TamyraMcG"]You wouldn't think that about him now, especially when he's in his Air Force uniform.[/quote:de3768d0b5]
    Dear Madam, please note that an international law recently made it illegal to mention hunky guys in US Air Force uniforms without posting a photo of aforesaid hunky guys. Please comply or we will have to take [b:de3768d0b5]mesures[/b:de3768d0b5]*.

*Believe me, I'll think of something. It may involve Hamsters.
  22. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I didn't think that picture was going to make it into the compitition, because I was, like, 7 or something.
  23. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'll try to get him to send me one, but he hardly ever has time for his old aunty these days.
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:f092f7ce3b="OmKranti"]I didn't think that picture was going to make it into the compitition, because I was, like, 7 or something.[/quote:f092f7ce3b]
    Yes, well, you'll note there was quite some variety in our "babies"!
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Now, look, people, I've only had [i:048fc9b545]one[/i:048fc9b545] submission so far for the second competition. What happened to all those promised pictures, eh?
  26. Orrdos God

Oh, I wasnt paying attention.

My photo is upstairs, I am downstairs. The problem is one of effort!

However, when i next go upstairs, I will bring the photo back down and scan it!
  27. KaptenKaries New Member

I don't visit my parents every day, you know. Don't wait for me.
  28. Andalusian New Member

I have to photograph a photograph... that takes effort.
  29. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Excuses, excuses! You bunch of slackers.

KK, I'm happy to wait if I know it's coming. We can't exactly have a competition with just one entry! "Now, is that baby Coppe or Coppe?"
  30. Orrdos God

I mailed mine!

So you should have it
  31. KaptenKaries New Member

Ok, what address do I send it to, once I have aquired it?

Edit: Chris gave me your address on msn. Picture sent.
  32. Dane New Member

Wow that was brilliant, I'm surprised that i was guessed so easily though, i thought i look very different now from then. and yay for guessing the hardest baby!

Thats a brilliant picture of Garner and I love what you did with the christmas presant katcal, i couldn't stop laughing.

I saw a much better picture of me to enter today at my grandma's house. its of me and my brother (twins) dressed alike led next to eachother on a sofa. it looks like someones put a mirror next to me (or him) its quite scary. but its a bit late now.

That was a lot of fun, thankyou grace and joculator for putting that on and i can't wait for round two!
  33. spiky Bar Wench

I've sent mine in...
  34. Andalusian New Member

I sent mine in.
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

All received, thank you very much! (Though dodgy Swedish names are assumed to be spam by Hotmail.)

I now have five pictures of 'me'. ;)
  36. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:f41a091d5f="Buzzfloyd"]All received, thank you very much! (Though dodgy Swedish names are assumed to be spam by Hotmail.)[/quote:f41a091d5f]

Bloody racist hotmail. ;-) It's probably to do with the funky å (pronounced like the vowels in bordeaux) in my last name.

I should drop the ring and toss around the letters in my name and change to Jason Vekbay. As it is now, it's more often misspelt than spelt right, and it's impossible to pronounce in other languages than Swedish.
  37. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm procrastinating.

[img:bbad0001ae]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/buzzfloyd/beardbaby.jpg[/img:bbad0001ae]
  38. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Nope... Still can't see it :(
  39. Faerie New Member

I sent a picture.
  40. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Can you try resending? I can't see it in either email account, even in the junk mail. Are you sending to gmail or hotmail?
  41. Katcal I Aten't French !

maybe faerie's pictures are so small and flitting about that you can't see them ? :D
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Keep 'em coming, folks!
  43. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Hosting offer is same as last time, Grace. Just let me know when you're ready.

Sorry 'bout the frog, I'll make it up soon.

edit: to add extra line
  44. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:47dbeb44aa="Joculator"]Hosting offer is same as last time, Grace. Just let me know when you're ready.
    [/quote:47dbeb44aa]
    Thanks!

I've received six so far, which is enough to make a competition, but some more would be nice.
  45. Hsing Moderator

Hm... Could I send one where I look nothing like the last one?
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sure, why not? I'll put in another one too.
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

Depending on when this starts up I may be able to contribute again...
  48. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, I thought it would be nice to have roughly the same number as photos as last time - so, at this rate, we should be ready some time next year.

There must be some people who didn't join in the last one who could get a baby photo. Mal and Marcia? Rinso? Dread Pirate CJ? Plaid?
  49. chrisjordan New Member

Yarr. I'll see what I can do.
  50. chrisjordan New Member

Grace, I emailed you.
  51. Electric_Man Templar

Well done, another acheivement to add to your list! Would you like a bikkit?
  52. chrisjordan New Member

You are so hilarious.
  53. Electric_Man Templar

Since birth. That photo I submitted was actually from my first stand-up performance.
  54. chrisjordan New Member

Stand-up? Don't you mean drag?
  55. Electric_Man Templar

Eddie Izzard stole all his ideas from me, especially the bit where he performs in German.
  56. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Got it, thanks, CJ! :)
  57. KaptenKaries New Member

Cmon people, get those baby photos sent in! :)
  58. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thanks, KK! :)
  59. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

All right, people, I'm going to give it until Friday and then go with what we've got, because this is starting to seriously drag.
  60. KaptenKaries New Member

So, today is the last day to send in photos. When will the competition begin?