Baby Photos Competition - Official Thread

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I decided to make a new thread for the competition proper as the old one was so cluttered I thought no one would be able to find the link.

Click here to see the baby photos, kindly hosted by Joculator - now in Technicolour!

Simply match up the photos to the list of board members and submit your answers here! For your convenience, the list of board members is given again below:

Ella (Delphine)
    Ben (Electric Man)
    Hsing
    Tamyra
    Tephlon
    Joculator
    Dane
    Garner
    Fairyliquid
    Om
    Grace (Buzzfloyd)
    Anj (Something_clever)
    Katcal
  2. Electric_Man Templar

Entries by PM, to stop people nicking ideas off of each other?

e.g. that I know which one is me :razz:
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ummm... I'm gonna say something silly but... if those who are on the list give their answers here, won't we all know who is who in the end because no one is going to get their own pic wrong are they ? (well, almost no-one...)
  4. chrisjordan New Member

Edit: I'll PM instead...
  5. Electric_Man Templar

What did I say about nicking ideas from each other?

edit: *slaps cj with a photo-album*
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ben you fiend, you edited that just so it'd look like you said the silly thing before me :D
  7. TamyraMcG Active Member

I've been thinking the same thing, Grace you are going to get a bunch of PM's I guess. :D
  8. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Damn. There goes my dastardly plan of waiting until everyone else had posted their answers. :lol:

But a good idea.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I had just come along to suggest this, but I see three of you got here already! You should probably post in this thread to say when you've PMed me though.
  10. Electric_Man Templar

No, I will not post to say that I have PMed you.

edit: Kat, I edited before you posted, that's how quick I am! Shame I keep making typoes and forgetting stuff...
  11. TamyraMcG Active Member

I have Piggly Moo'd Grace. I have made a lot of guesses.
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I've just thought - you know what would be awesome? If we could put current pictures of everyone next to the baby photos when the answers are revealed. Does everyone who's entered have a current photo uploaded to their album? ::goes to check::

Edit: Apparently not. It isn't that important if it's difficult for folks to get photos online.
  13. Hsing Moderator

No, but in the Dutchcon pics of several pics.
    And will we get people's answers after the game is over? That would be fun to read.
  14. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

You actually want to see a current picture of me!?!?!? (there goes the punctuation)

Are you really, really sure? :rolleyes:

If you do get photos Grace, email them to me after the competition closes and I'll redo the page.
  15. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sure, so long as no one minds their comments being broadcast!

Edit: that was in reply to Hsing's post. This thread is crosspost city!

Thanks, Joculator, will do if they're available.
  16. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Answers on the way via clacks.

I don't mind having them published and I have a current picture at the ready.
  17. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'll try to get a decent one of me, maybe I'll even get my mom to take one special :oops:

edited to correct a screw-up
  18. jaccairn New Member

I've sent my list of eeny meeny miny mo!
  19. Delphine New Member

Awwwwwww, look at all those chubby cheeks. I'll PM my answers in a minute.

A recent picture you say Grace? I'll try and find you a recent one. But that one in the competition was only taken a few weeks ago, you know. My secret? Anti aging cream and absolutely no sunlight.
  20. Electric_Man Templar

Note: Anyone who doesn't guess Ella correctly, especially those who have met her, deserve a big pointy hat with a large letter 'D' emblazoned onto it.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

Same goes for Garner, I'd say...
  22. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Oh dear. You guys are starting to worry me with this talk. It may turn serious. :shock:

Should I withdraw my entry and save face or will I be forced to leave the country, sign up with an Enid Blyton board and be known as Mr Fluffykins for the rest of my life?

Nah, I'll leave things as they are and face the results like the gibberng, fearful wreck I'm turning into. :axe:
  23. Delphine New Member

No need to gibber or be fearful, Joculator. Neither is there any need to run off to Enid Blyton, not that I understood that bit :)

Great job with the hosting by the way! I just noticed Syntax's eyes move.
  24. chrisjordan New Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm pretty sure I've made some horrific mistakes too.

Although if Garner isn't Garner...well. I will be miffed.
  25. Garner Great God and Founding Father

at least one person guessed dead wrong for which one I am. rather amusingly so.
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

There have been some surprising guesses, to say the least.

So far, the highest score is 11/13. So you have something to beat, people!

I have been wondering if, after this, a second competition would be in order, to include all those who couldn't get a photo up in time for this one.
  27. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

To use a quote from Reaper Man..."YES".

Yea, but you had all the answers with you! :)

*edit to add second quote.
  28. spiky Bar Wench

Well I've submitted my guesses and even though I've met some of the people I'm terrible at this sort of thing so I'll probably be the one to get 0/13 and a spanking with a wooden spoon...
  29. Katcal I Aten't French !

Grace, you have been clacks'd.

Last night. Forgot to say so here :D
  30. Hsing Moderator

No, that's going to be me.
  31. Cynical_Youth New Member

Submitted our guesses (CY and Andalusian).

We are now designing a time machine, so we can steal baby nr. 8.

Cute!!!111!!
  32. Katcal I Aten't French !

You're just saying that so someone will jump up and say "oh thanks that's me !!" and get that answer right, aren't you, you fiends ! :D
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

There are a lot of stealable babies there! I'd like to bagsy number 1, and Garner says he'll bagsy number 3 but only if it's a cute little girl and not a pansy little boy.
  34. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one having trouble on that score, Garner :)
    There were two or three pics I had trouble with. Damn difficult to tell with any baby under the age of 2, I think.

edit: pressed submit instead of preview
  35. Dane New Member

ok my guess was sent a wile ago but i forgot to say, I'm also glad to know other people had trouble determining sexes, I looked through them and thought we had an imposter!

I get the feeling i'm going to be getting that spanking aswell, I had no idea who most were. Also i could put up a later picture of me if its helpful.

I was looking through my pictures (a whole seven, my parents didn't take many photos of me and my brother from birth to the age of about 8) and i couldn't believe how much i have changed since the photos were taken! :roll:
  36. Delphine New Member

I must say, Baby 13 is the cutest little girl I've ever seen. ;)
  37. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yes she is sweet isn't she... pity she doesn't have a bow in her hair and frilly knickers too, that would really be the best.
  38. KaptenKaries New Member

I'm not so sure 13 is a "she"...
  39. Katcal I Aten't French !

Shhhhhhhh !
  40. Delphine New Member

Omg.
  41. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Hmmm. It's quite obvious (turns monitor on side)...
    Picture 13 is a BABY! :)
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That may have been the joke...

Coppe and Adele, a message! Baby #8 says s/he would love to have been your kid, if it wouldn't have made his/her parents miserable... And that kidnapping is a crime. :)
  43. KaptenKaries New Member

Apologies for ruining your joke, Katphine.
  44. Faerie New Member

I meant to submit a picture for this but I never got around to it. I've probably mixed males and females up but I've submitted guesses anyway. Maybe I'll get around to finding a baby picture if there is another competition.
  45. spiky Bar Wench

I'm with Faerie I have a picture already to go for round 2...
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cool beans! I'll definitely organise a second one if there are people with pictures.

OK, people, I think it's time for a deadline.

Get your guesses in by the end of this week! On Monday I will reveal the answers and the awards.
  47. Cynical_Youth New Member

Adele and I will also see if we can get baby photos up for this next one.

:D
  48. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oooh, a Coppe vs. Ella baby 'fro competition !! :supz:
  49. Cynical_Youth New Member

Correction: Adele will see if she can get a baby photo up.
  50. Hsing Moderator

Backing out, eh?
    Hargh. :p
  51. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm dissapointed we didn't get an entry from evil puppy. Or wait, was that number 13 ?
  52. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Eeeeeeeeevil Puppyyyyyyyyyyy! :D
  53. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

OK, folks, because I'm a lazy so-and-so, would you mind emailing/PMing me an up-to-date photo if you had a photo in the competition? If you can do that, I'll email them all to Joculator to add to the competition page.

Answers will be revealed at around 9am GMT tomorrow morning!
  54. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Just in case the picture results are a little late, its now 00:03 and I'm waiting for an email from Buzzloyd, Something Clever, Rinso, Garner, Doors, Ba or whoever Altogether Andrews is tonight)

I told you I was confused about the ch-ch-changes. :)

-+- Quickly dons acid, sardine and pie proof suit to avoid unnecessary physical abuse or smiting -+-

edit:added decorative trim.
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

**empties a bucket of elephant poo (being Acting Doors and therefore having an elephant handy) over Joculator's head**

Grace, you're late ! (there are plenty of up to date pics of me around, there are a couple of fun new ones in the members album ;) )
  56. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I know I'm late! I'm trying to find pictures of everyone. And, since I'm kind, I'm trying to find photos that do people justice where possible.

That means one of Ben pouting and one of Clay with his fist in a pumpkin and so on.
  57. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Now, at last, the moment you've all been waiting for... THE ANSWERS!

Here is the link again, for reference.

The Babies, in order of appearance, are:

1. Hsing
    2. Dane
    3. Ben (Electric Man)
    4. Fairyliquid
    5. Ella (Delphine)
    6. Anj (Something Clever)
    7. Joculator
    8. Tephlon
    9. Katcal
    10. Grace (Buzzfloyd)
    11. Tamyra
    12. Om
    13. Garner

The Winner of the Guess-the-Baby competition, with 11 out of 13 correct is... [b:b8fa67e4de]Ella![/b:b8fa67e4de] I know, who'd have thought it? The only ones she mixed up were Hsing and Katcal.

Second place goes to [b:b8fa67e4de]Tamyra[/b:b8fa67e4de], with 10 out of 13, and third place goes to [b:b8fa67e4de]CJ[/b:b8fa67e4de], with 9.

The Joint Looooooooosers of the competition are Spiky and Allthatjazz, with 1 correct answer apiece (different ones though).

Scores are as follows, in order of success:
    Ella - 11
    Tamyra - 10
    CJ - 9
    Katcal - 8
    Garner, Hsing, Bauke/Tephlon - 7
    Jackie, Coppe & Adele, Anj - 6
    Ben, Faerie - 5
    Dane, Joculator - 4
    Spiky, Allthatjazz - 1

The Most Guessable Baby was Ella. (Is it that she had it as her MSN pic for a while, or is it just the 'fro?) In 14 out of 16 entries, Ella was correctly identified. Only Joculator and Spiky missed her - guessing Katcal and Om, respectively. (You'll deduce from this that Allthatjazz's correct answer was, of course, Ella.)

The Least Guessable Baby was Fairyliquid, with only 2 people correctly identifying her - Dane and Ella.

Other Highly Guessable Babies were Dane (11 out of 16 people correctly identified him) and Joculator (10 out of 16).

Other Hard To Guess Babies were Om (only 3 out of 16 spotted the insanity behind the smile - Garner, Jackie and Ella) and Anj (only 5 out of 16 could identify Anj when she wasn't blowing raspberries at the camera).

Part of this was due to Anj and Om being in the group of Most Confusing Babies, along with Hsing and Fairyliquid: these four were frequently being mistaken for each other. The group of Second Most Confusing Babies contains Ben, Garner and Dane, who are apparently interchangeable except for when Ben is being mistaken for a girl.

Most Amusing Comments were from Ben, who thought that I look German and that Garner 'has that short bus look' (he actually thought Garner was Om).

Comment Most Likely To Prompt A Spin-off Competition came from CJ:
    [quote:b8fa67e4de]13 - Garner! It is, right? I swear you only need to add a beard...[/quote:b8fa67e4de]
    He was right, of course. All photos of "Baby Garner: Now With Added Beard" should be posted to this thread or emailed to me.

Up-to-date photos of all involved will be put up next to the baby photos for comparision purposes. Hopefully, that will be some time today, when Joculator has a free moment.

Thanks once again to Joculator for the hosting, to all those who submitted pictures and to everyone who entered their guesses, however uncertain or just plain wrong they may have been. And well done to Ella, the current Official Boardanian Baby Spotter!

The second baby photo competition will be launched soon. Start sending your baby photos to me now!
  58. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Awww sh-sh-shucks... I forgot the helmet and goggles. yuk!
  59. Katcal I Aten't French !

I think I'm going to have that pic of Garner as my desktop soon, I just can't stop laughing every time I see it :D
  60. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Unpacking pictures as I type, Grace. Gimme about 30 minutes and I'll post them to the same address as the originals.