Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Pixel, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh dear, it's an animated avatar isn't it... :?
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Everytime an animated avatar is used on a message board, a baby angel dies of cancer. The bad kind of cancer. The one with growths and things.
  3. Pixel New Member

This is where we have a possible conflict of rules (or maybe just guidlines!) - poons' avatar is only 7k, so only just over twice the size of yours or mine, thus not causing too much of a bandwidth problem - however, I find animated avatars irritating when I am trying to read posts and the avatar keeps catching my eye.

Also, of course, my avatar William is the ginger cat around here - maybe I should send him to fight it out with poons' cat - possibly a Deathmatch? :) (Won't work, unfortunately - William has been dead for about ten years - but - zombie cats? Interesting concept!)
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ooooh, zombie cats, yes, I like it !! If you have ever read (or if you were unfortunate enough to see the film) Stephen King's Pet Semetary, you'll know all about zombie cats... and dogs... and wives... :cooler:

I sympathize, though, I lost my lovely ginger cat, called Tommy, affectionnately known as Hangover, because he was so big, there wasn't a single chair (not counting armchairs and sofa's) in the house he didn't hang over the edge of. He got hit by a car a couple of years ago now, at the respectable age of 13, and he was the softest, sweetest cat ever, although a terror among the local mice population (we never quite knew how though, unless he sat on them until they suffocated. He weighed a good 12 kilos, in his prime... Ginger cats rule. But that's no reason to animate them in an annoying fashion.
  5. poons New Member

What a lovely warm welcome, I feel so at home here already.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Well, stepping in and showering the place in waving ginger kittens without even introducing yourself does that to you. Try that in any pub or Hell's Angels clubhouse in the world and see what happens. :p

Reading this -
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.org/article186.html -

and just telling us one or two words about yourself might help to break the ice.
  7. poons New Member

I was just trying to get my signature to work that's all :shock:
    I changed my avatar now to my 'baby', I had to put her brother down today because he had FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) I just hope she doesn't have it and it just hasn't shown yet.
    Anyway I was going to intoduce myself another time, like I say I was just trying to get the sig to show-I take it the sig doesn't annoy anyone. :roll:
  8. Delphine New Member

Awwwwwwwwww, what a cutie. :)
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sorry you took it badly, poons, but animated avatars are dead annoying, and three in a row is really too much... It's better to be told at the beginning in an avatar testing thread than to be yelled down in a serious discussion because of your avatar, isn't it ? :oops:

I lost my cat to FIV when I was 15, it was really painful for all of us at the end to see him like that, and we had to have him put down. I can remember every minute of the journey home with him on my lap, and burying him at the bottom of the garden in a special place he always liked to sit. I do hope your pretty "baby" doesn't have it, and I really sympathize for her brother...
  10. poons New Member

No worries Kat:) I wasn't that bothered really.

FIV is terrible, we had another cat die of it some years ago he was a lovely cat too.
    Thanks for your kind words:)
  11. TheJackal Member

Avatar test. Thought it was about time I got a new one
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Why d'ya choose that one, everyone's gonna think you're a man now ! :D
  13. TheJackal Member

Yeh, good point; it's been fun when people think I've boobs
  14. The_Poker New Member

15. Sir_Gawain New Member

Test one, two, three.... Let's see if Haldir came through...
  16. randywine Member

testing...testing...one...two...eh...many
  17. tanatie New Member

I think mine's ok, right?
  18. Human New Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The V-Man.
  19. tanatie New Member

I don't think I'd ever use the word sweet in the same sentence as Vetinari though :p
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

There was a full stop between the two ;)
  21. Human New Member

And I didn't say "Vetinari". I said "The V-Man," in a sad and desperate attempt to pimp my reputation.
  22. tanatie New Member

damn, I just got to this forum and people are already sucking up to me...this Vetinari avatar must be really cool :cooler: ;)
  23. Electric_Man Templar

Well, this isn't really a test - I know it works already.

I just wondered what y'all thought?
  24. Guest Guest

Naff, awful, terrible!

change it to a he-man or she-ra and that will be better! in fact why not go the whole hog and go for Red Fraggle.........
  25. Electric_Man Templar

*makes a six foot spider jump out of whippy's screen*
  26. Guest Guest

*Whacks six foot spider with shoe of doom, leaves mess for Ben to clean up later*
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

28. Guest Guest

See Ben Turtles were not the best cartoon......wouldn't you like the carrot of doom to have some muscles and a catchphrase!

*Looks Smug*

Raises sword above head and says "By The Power Of Greyskull, I Have The Power"
  29. Electric_Man Templar

Good... but the problem, you see, is that the Carrot of Doom is less about being heroic and more about the sort of roles which involves laughing at others misfortune.
  30. Watchman New Member

Oh, right! It's a carrot... I was starting to wonder, especially with the screen name, thanks for pointing this out :)
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

... :shock: ... :lol:
    I actually had to think twice before I got what you were getting at there, Watchman... :D

Ben, having muscular arms and a loincloth doesn't technically stop you laughing at other people, but yeah, the he-man character was more about being nice to other peoples, and don't play with matches or impale your little brother on a magical sword at home... I'll have to find a better character, but right now, my brain is on vacation for the week, I'll have to wait for it to come back.
  32. tanatie New Member

I eat carrots like you for breakfast...or I would if I did, but I dont'...it's a good line though...
  33. missy New Member

just testing
  34. missy New Member

you'd think after being on here this long i could get my bloody avatar working......damn it!

edit::: YAAAY i did it!!!!
  35. Victimov8 New Member

What a geek!
  36. missy New Member

ARSE
  37. Angua_rox New Member

Woah! Chill out yall #spends like ten minutes looking for the apostrophe on the keyboard cause they have different kind in the Netherlands#
  38. Katcal I Aten't French !

The games are over, dropped the medals...
  39. Maljonic Administrator

Aww, I got kind of used to the medals, made the picture look more cuddly or something. Maybe you should start putting ties or scarfs on to suit this season's fashions? :)
  40. Human New Member

Pagan jewelery....
  41. Hsing Moderator

The rabbit looks somehow naked to me without the medals...
  42. Katcal I Aten't French !

pervert :D it's not naked, you can't see its bits :D (i.e. the whole where you plug it in, and the on-off button :D)
  43. KaptenKaries New Member

Or give it a change of fur? Ever seen a zebra-striped rabbit? Lizard-scaled bunny? Cheetah-spotted herbivore?

Cmon Kat, you can do it!
  44. Katcal I Aten't French !

Now if I have learned anything from years of studying French art, it's that it's not because you CAN do something that it's a good idea. :D

Ok, ok, I'll think about it ;)
  45. Katcal I Aten't French !

Any better ? :D
  46. Maljonic Administrator

Arg no, it's an abomination! I needs more sofistication, something by Armaniperhaps? :)
  47. KaptenKaries New Member

Hehe, I can see that rabbit is heading for a masquerade party. Brilliant trunk!
  48. KaptenKaries New Member

You got one of those Nabaztag, Kat? What are they, some kind of RSS-feed client?
  49. Watchman New Member

Testing...

...huzzah, success :D
  50. Katcal I Aten't French !

There's one at work, we provided the voices for them. Actually, it's more of a kind of rabbit-shaped interface, you can send it messages, link RSS, play music, it really is quite a fun little thing. At the moment, it's commentating the world cup matches in rabbit style which is quite funny !

Watchman - I am now worried, you did say you were going to put your passport photo on, but I'm sorry to say you look nothing like James Spader after all that :D
  51. Watchman New Member

lol I'll tag that on to my profile when I get a chance, promise. For now though, the ever unctuous visage of my idol, Blackadder will have to do.
  52. Katcal I Aten't French !

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! **silence**

Pirate Ninja Bunny !!!! :D
  53. Angua_rox New Member

Katcal, that is extremely cool.

My heartiest approval.

Yarghhhhhhhh :)
  54. Katcal I Aten't French !

No, Angua, not Yaaaarghhhh, that's dying pirate...

Repeat after me : "YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !"
  55. KaptenKaries New Member

I welcome ye aboard, matey! Yarr!
  56. Angua_rox New Member

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Better?:)
  57. Angua_rox New Member

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Better?:)
  58. puckbunny New Member

59. Katcal I Aten't French !

I didn't really know where to put this, or if it deserved a thread of its own, but here's a 100 rabbit opera, an event that took place in Paris a while ago, played by 100 Nabaztag bunnies (the decorated ones are done by their owners, they're not sold like that :D )

Nabaz'mob - English
    (click on the film link)

Some of the images are quite creepy actually, an army of singing bunnies (the music is crap, but hey, that's French modern art for you... ) blinking their lights and waggling their ears :D
  60. KaptenKaries New Member

That's cool!