Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Pixel, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Pixel New Member

I have been trying to work out the mechanics of this board software, but it is at the end of an afternoon of filming, most of which involved me hanging about waiting for a scene that included me. I wanted to start a new forum, but cannot see how it is done, so I am starting a new topic in "Discworld Novels" -why is that not a surprise?

What I wanted was to set up somewhere where we can check our avatars as we link to them with the new site - to make sure that they were working and not coming up with silly sizes.

Edited to add: Well, William looks OK!
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Easy, you'll also notice that there's still a link to where your post went in the original place - which might come in pretty useful one day if we have lots of topics, the moving I mean, not your link. :)

Edit: you can't start new forums by the way; the place would be a mess if everyone could keep adding new forums, we'll all have to decide what forums we need over time - just like you did now. :)
  3. Freya New Member

Beautiful reserve site, Maljonic. Kudos to you. :D

Testing Avatar; Testing, Testing, One, Two, Three.
  4. Cat New Member

I hope my avatar likes his second home. :)
  5. Brorien New Member

This little guy is crazy looking. I think I may find a new one. Then again, crazy is what I do best.
  6. Cynical_Youth New Member

Testing. I should get a new one though. Maybe I'll start a poll.
  7. Electric_Man Templar

The Carrot of DOOM is pure and doesn't whore himself around several message boards.
  8. Mynona Member

Good working to get the avatars up, mal
  9. Cynical_Youth New Member

Wow, nice avatar Mynona.

Just sig testing.
  10. Mynona Member

That's actually my original avatar. Then Doors changed it to the bleached Chewbacca wannabe.

After that Grace was kind enough to do an avatar for me, though I'm not sure who's hosting the one I have on the .net board. :?
  11. Zencore New Member

12. Hsing Moderator

Also, test.
  13. Saccharissa Stitcher

Testing, testing...

Very spiffy site Mal :)
  14. Hex New Member

Again, a test.

Hi folks. I'm liking this site! :D
  15. TamyraMcG Active Member

just checking
  16. Pepster New Member

17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It took me forever to figure this out! This is just a temporary avatar till I get the one I have in mind. It's an ancient Roman 20-sided die.
  18. Tonyblack Guest

Testing :mrgreen:
  19. Electric_Man Templar

OK, it's a conspiracy, where has my man with a paper bag on his head gone?

edit: ok, i re-put it into my profile and it works now, strange things happening...
  20. Roman_K New Member

21. Pixel New Member

I didn't know the ancient Romans played Dungeons and Dragons! :)
  22. Splang New Member

Just testing. This is a great site, thanks Maljonic!
  23. happyman New Member

24. roisindubh211 New Member

wee i'm a pirate!

edited: just trying again to see if it shows up
  25. Tonyblack Guest

I can't see anything there Roisin. :(
  26. Silmaril New Member

Hi guys!
    Ok, this site has come as a suprise to me, as I've not been on the internet for a few days . . . guess I have some reading to do!
    It's a very cool site though.
  27. DracoNobilis New Member

28. Delphine New Member

Gaze upon my avatar in awe.
  29. Tempus New Member

test... test... check 1 2...
  30. Mynona Member

That's one cool avatar Tempus. Where's it from?
  31. Tempus New Member

It's just some free-avatar site unfortunately, it's not original. My Star Wars Red 6 guy (the doomed one) on the original site wasn't accepted here, so the ninja hamster is now my pic of choice.
  32. plaid New Member

33. Cynical_Youth New Member

Tempus, you could save it on your computer and then upload it to a free account which you get here: UploadIt.org - Online Storage and Image Hosting

And then you can use it here. :)

Edit to make the link work
  34. Tonyblack Guest

Testing signature :wink:

edit: Hmm - it didn't work, although it shows the signature in my profile. :?:

Edit 2: Doh! I just found the 'attach signature' button. :roll:
  35. chrisjordan New Member

36. Delphine New Member

What on earth is that?
  37. chrisjordan New Member

It is the Newscaster Slig, from Oddworld. 8)
  38. Cerphinz New Member

Just checking
  39. davobanavo New Member

One two one two
  40. davobanavo New Member

*sigh* back to the drawing board.
  41. Ba Lord of the Pies

Oh, and the guinea pig is from a Blockbusters commercial, in which he says inane things to a rabbit.
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Actually, it's even simpler than that. This board lets you upload pictures straight from your hard drive, so you don't need a separate host. This is how I got my picture on here.

(Oh, Pixel, you had the exact same thought as I did about it!)
  43. Tempus New Member

Yeah I've got it sorted now.
    This ninja hamster is now my favourite though, I think I'll stay with him.
  44. McLaren New Member

I guess I'll join in with the avatar testing... :)
  45. Silmaril New Member

Isn't it a guinea pig? :?:
  46. Ba Lord of the Pies

Indeed it is, Silmaril. Indeed it is.
  47. Tempus New Member

It's a fluffy rodent - be glad I didn't call it a ninja Coypu.
  48. MissTeak New Member

Old familiar, hopefully. And ooh, various colours! :)
  49. Brorien New Member

Hey, no playing with the colors for you. What the hell is that thing by the way?
  50. OmKranti Yogi Wench

51. OmKranti Yogi Wench

How do I go about changing 'Newbit' to whatever I want? Do you have to have a certain number of posts?
  52. Maljonic Administrator

Ranks change after a certain number of posts, but we've sort of agreed to let old board members suggest their own personal ranks for the time being; I think this is a limited offer that will in the future be only available to members after 500 posts, or something. So if you'd like to suggest a special title for yourself now... :)

P.S. If you don't want to change anything, you'll become a member at 30 posts the same as usual. :)
  53. Delphine New Member

Changed my avatar back to the ninja turtle, as my usual one isn't working. Turtle power.
  54. prettybutterfly New Member

just seeing if my avatar is working, and crying i have just realised on the other board i am the only member who isn't rated apart from Tephlon who disabled his. Whatever, I am too tired.
  55. spiky Bar Wench

testing testing... I also thing I did something silly when I finally figured out how to sign in correctly...Emails being down at the time and stuff...I'm sorry if I broadcasted something stupid :?
  56. Marcia Executive Onion

57. roisindubh211 New Member

testing
    and Marcia, that's going to confuse me to no end...
  58. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Just a little test.

Om Namu Shiva Ya.
  59. Roman_K New Member

Testing. :wink: