Aussies rule!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by spiky, Oct 20, 2006.

1. spiky Bar Wench

And to prove it...

[img:7acb17f0d1]http://www.ecocomm.anu.edu.au/people/info/eagar/aussies%20rule.jpg[/img:7acb17f0d1]
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wickeeeeeed ! :D

Speeding is evil, kids, don't do this at home :D
  3. Ba Lord of the Pies

Hmm. So, Aussies are really that brick stupid, are they?

If this were to happen, well, a few things would occur. First of all, the picture would, on being reviewed, be revealed to be a police plate. Then it would be checked to see if the officers were involved their duty, in which case no ticket would be sent (they thought of this when they designed the system, kiddies). Once it was shown that it was on the wrong car, they would take the pictures of the youths, of whom they would now have [i:74ae8351e8]seventeen[/i:74ae8351e8] photos, and they would go about finding them. Once they did, the young perpetrators would be arrested and charged with the theft of the license plate and seventeen counts of speeding.

So, [i:74ae8351e8]are[/i:74ae8351e8] Australians this stupid, Spiky?
  4. redneck New Member

Also, adding to Ba's list, the youths could be charged with impersonating an officer.
  5. spiky Bar Wench

Yes they are that smart because ACT speed cameras are angled such that they can't see in the car but only the number plate so they can never actually prove who was driving the car... and the guys who spoke to the cops to distract them didn't provide any ID so the cops would have to provide a positive visual ID in a line up situation and they are never reliable (and that have to find them first)...

Besides Canberra is entirely populated by lefty liberal hippies who get the joke.

Just because [i:c58565a0f1]you[/i:c58565a0f1] can't.
  6. peapod_j New Member

thats great. i showed it to the people at my mums work (phoneline at home down which means no internet) thay all laughd. that is so injinous (spelling).
  7. Maljonic Administrator

That's pretty funny. I can see why it wouldn't work in America where they'd take it much more seriously, and you wouldn't really want to fool around with people who might shoot you as soon as look at you. In the much more layed back Oz however, with the traffic police [i:e39171e5a7]and[/i:e39171e5a7] being in Canberra it was a pretty cool stunt. Obviously it couldn't happen again though. :)
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:aad85de564="peapod_j"]thats great. i showed it to the people at my mums work (phoneline at home down which means no internet) thay all laughd. that is so injinous (spelling).[/quote:aad85de564]

now, normally I'm far from keen to pick on others' spelling mistakes, but while 'laughd' is only missing one letter (ironicly, i first typed 'issing' one letter), 'injinous' is far enough off the mark to warrant comment.

if spelling is a major issue for you, please consider running your posts through a spellchecker before submitting them. doesn't take more than a second or two, and it can make things a lot easier on everyone involved.
  9. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:a82e65dd61="Garner"][quote:a82e65dd61="peapod_j"]thats great. i showed it to the people at my mums work (phoneline at home down which means no internet) thay all laughd. that is so injinous (spelling).[/quote:a82e65dd61]

now, normally I'm far from keen to pick on others' spelling mistakes, but while 'laughd' is only missing one letter (ironicly, i first typed 'issing' one letter), 'injinous' is far enough off the mark to warrant comment.

if spelling is a major issue for you, please consider running your posts through a spellchecker before submitting them. doesn't take more than a second or two, and it can make things a lot easier on everyone involved.[/quote:a82e65dd61]Ah good sir, but you spelt 'ironically' incorrectly! Now that is ironic!
  10. Angua_rox New Member

LOL.
    Ironic indeed. (It just took me four attempts to spell ironic. . . maybe this board is jinked!)

And that is SUCH a funky trick!!
    Nice one.
  11. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:2c45e363db="Angua_rox"]jinked![/quote:2c45e363db]

:)
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I liked the story. :)

Peapod_j has been asked before to run posts through a spellcheck.