At home with the Garners...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 2, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

After a lengthy debate about whether we would have the soup I made for our tea, or if grace might have nothing but broken dreams (she doesn't like soup):

Grace: Oh my god, you didn't tell me it was Insane Peppery Death Soup
    Me: I did warn you! And anyway, your mouth goes numb after the first bite.
    Grace: I think you lose your vision after the first bite!
    Me: (laughter, soup eating)
    Grace: I think we should get the doctor to take a look at your tongue.
    Me: Are you sayin' there's somethin' wrong with ol' Asbestee?
    Grace: (laughs muchly)
    Me: (laughs muchly)
    Grace: (lies on the floor and weeps)
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

After a few more bites:

Grace: I think the lining of my nose is coming out!

well i liked it.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

After a few more bites (note, I'd finished mine before making the first post)

Grace: ... Have you finished your soup?!
    Me: Yeah.
    Grace: ... did you cheat by lining yourself with ice cream first?
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

... hang on... soup you can bite ? Holy noodles Batman, we have a severe case of mutant soup !
  5. Electric_Man Templar

Why must we know how you live!?

Also, you should never laugh and eat hot liquidy substances at the same time. Recipe for diaster that.
  6. spiky Bar Wench

Is this what the people from the south of the US call chilli? Which seems to involve beens and chilli in various combinations from brain exploding heat to nuclear warfare in three galaxies hotness...

Or is Grace just such a chilli wuss that she finds pepper a bit much to handle?
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

not chili pepper. just plain, ordinary black pepper.

I did use rather a lot, though.
  8. Tephlon Active Member

You forgot the obligatory:

Garner: "No one must ever find out how we live"
    Grace: "Agreed"

Although I'm glad you seem to break that rule a lot. :)
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

we actually didn't say that this time (yes, that IS a frequent call/response in this household.)

instead, as soon as grace had caught her breath after the events in the first post, she said it must be turned into a tripod. only i couldn't be bothered to do it in comic format.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I am a total chilli wuss (I can handle other stuff pretty well, I just seem to struggle with chillis), but this was ordinary black pepper. So when he said 'I put in a lot of pepper', I assumed it would just taste a bit peppery. You know, kind of tasty and slightly tingly, not tongue-stripping and tear-inducing.
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

Isn't that how food is supposed to taste? Other than pie, that is.
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

But Garner is supposed to be the god of Speakable Culinary Acts. I think shaving off his beard might have warped his powers. I think Ba should shave off his 'tache just to see what happens.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, "too f__ing peppery" sounds like a speakable way of describing something. Reg had Vindaloo for his birthday meal today, he loved it. I dipped a tip of cheese naan in it and nearly cried. Pah. Men.
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

if i had to eat a cheese naan, i'd probably cry, too.
  15. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I was totally thinking the same thing.
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

Don't knock the cheese naans dudes. Not 'till you've tried one.
  17. spiky Bar Wench

Maybe they use that plastic, non-cheese to make cheese naans in england? The ones we get here are goey lush cheese, making it like a toasted cheese sandwich and like a snack in its own right.
  18. Stercus Stercus New Member

They don't do cheese naans near me. :sad:
  19. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The English are a right-thinking people who do not eat cheese naans. I don't know how they make them in France.
  20. spiky Bar Wench

But what do the English have against bread and cheese?

This seems like a strange aversion to me. Oh well, I'll blame the cucumber sandwiches.
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Bread and cheese is fine (she types while eating a cheese sandwich), so long as they're the right sort.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

The English cheese Naans are exactly the same as the French ones and can be found in most indian restaurants in either country. They are both great. Grace has no taste buds, as this topic has previously established.
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I thought we'd established that I have too many and it's Garner's tongue that needs work. And I can honestly say that I have never seen cheese naan on the menu of any Indian restaurant I've been to in this country. And my visits have not been restricted!
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

Then I must have picked the 4 or 5 randomly selected ones in the country that do them... Or maybe you weren't actually looking for them (I couldn't tell you which of our local ones do Vindaloo or not, because I know I won't eat it whatever...).

And I guess if you have too many taste buds it's just as bad, makes you picky. :biggrin:
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

More so than Doors.
  26. Orrdos God

Wrong!
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

You mean you're a scot who doesn't eat everything deep-fried ? That's just wrong.

As wrong as a deep fried mars bar.
  28. missy New Member

Cheese Naans are a miracle. Believe me. I can eat like a horse and my local Indian takeaway makes cheese naans that even i can't finish.

They are amazing.
  29. Katcal I Aten't French !

Thank you Wendy, I knew you were a person of taste. *hug*
  30. Garner Great God and Founding Father

the only place in town to serve cheese nans is not an indian take away but a bangladeshi take away.
  31. Hex New Member

I've only ever had Garlic naan. But my friend told me the cheese one was good too. Something I shall investigate more thoroughly once I get my first paycheck... or get taken out to dinner... whichever comes first.
  32. TamyraMcG Active Member

Hex! I haven't seen you on here in a while. did you ever get your present? If you didn't I'll send you another one but I'll have to wait until after the wildrice is harvested,in August. I hope school is going great for you and that you have a fun summer lined up