ArthurDent, some general newbie advice

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

please don't flood us with games, man. it'd be nice to get to know WHO is flooding us with games as well.

if every thread you start is a casting poll, a casting thread, or some other game, it's going to get a bit annoying AND burry us under them.
  2. ArthurDent New Member

I have only posted only two game threads. One of which was exactly what the section was intended for. And here’s a list of threads that I’ve replied in that aren’t casting threads:

Which book(s) are you currently reading?
    Does anyone know how I could get the Discworld games?
    In which of Pratchetts characters do you find yourself?
    Calling all Wannabe Cyborgs
    Name that quote!
    Who are your Favorite authors (excluding pTerry)?
    What films have you seen lately? (4 times)
    People, new and old, please introduce yourselves
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I would count the casting polls as game threads, and the casting suggestion thread, in which you were quite rude to an established member.

Thus, the threads you have STARTED have all been game threads.

If you want to ignore a suggestion, be my guest, but it's probably a good idea to say 'sorry' and tone down on behavior that risks annoying other people...

but well done for keeping track of which threads you're posting on.
  4. Hsing Moderator

Hi Arthur,
    Lets just say your casting thread/gamelike thread contingent is somewhat above average. :) There's no need to deny that. As Garner said, it would be nice to know a little more about you besides that you probably can imagine the Discworld on screen and are most likely a Doulglas Adams -fan as well. 8)
  5. ArthurDent New Member

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. :cry:

Yes, and I would like to say that casting threads (which I believe to be different then game threads) take up most of my posts, I’m sorry if they are a bit annoying.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

it's not that they're annoying per sey, but they're all I've seen you create, which becomes annoying over time. if this is how you get to know people, then fine, but how about you join in our threads a bit more and let us get to know you for right now. a little give and take is required, and while you may be *giving* us fun threads to post in, it's *taking* its toll if you give us too many too fast.

and thank you for the apology, i don't think this needs to become an "Issue", and if we work together to see each other's point of view then i'm sure it won't.
  7. Delphine New Member

Garner's just giving you a bit of advice. It'd be nice to get to know you a bit more, other than knowing you as the "casting poll bloke" ;)
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Anyone mind if this gets made a sticky for 24 hours or so?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Do you mean for new people in general to read, or just Arthur Dent? If it's the former then maybe you should take his name off the title, either way though it's okay with me.

For Arthur Dent, I do think you are getting a bit repetitive with the way you make threads, it doesn't bother me that much but it might make people start to ignore you if you don't post at least a few normal things about your opinions etc. :)
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

A little of column A, a little of column B...