Any ideas??

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Willmolly3, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Willmolly3 New Member

I am gagging to read the end of witches abroad, I am at the part where Greebo is transformed in to a human and wrecks the coach!

The problem I have is that I am at work and have had my lunch! I need Ideas on how I can conceal my book or read the story without being conspicuous!!

Anybody want to help??
  2. Smoking_GNU New Member

Put the book on your lap and turn your chair so that the book is nit visible to anyone in sight. Read the book and if you notice someone comeing in your direction, seem as if you are deeply engrossed in your work.

Do you have a desc with a sort of shelf under the desctop? If so then you can put the book there if someone comes along. I do this all the time> :D
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Go to the toilet. People will just think you're having a really long poo. Problem solved.
  4. Electric_Man Templar

Say you've got diaroheah, you'll be able to spend longer in the loo.
  5. Willmolly3 New Member

That ones not gonna work, I dont have a draw shelve thingy and its paper back it keeps closing. What does not help is the stable door directly behind me Which allows all who pass by to look in!
  6. Willmolly3 New Member

ahhh go to the loo! The book fits in my pocket too, have not though of that one!!!

Any ideas for in office use though! I can only use the loo use sparcely!! It wont work for long!!
  7. Rincewind Number One Doorman

start a fire. Read the book while your co workers for dealing with the flames. problem solved!
  8. Willmolly3 New Member

Small problem there as I am the Fire leason officer, they run and leave me to deal with it!
  9. Willmolly3 New Member

I am after any longterm solutions really!
  10. Electric_Man Templar

Pff, too much effort. Where's he going to find a fire at this time of the day?

What you need to do is place the book in an innocuous position, then create an intricate system of mirrors to reflect the text to a point near your computer screen. You can turn the page by a system of pulleys and levers.

Simple!
  11. Willmolly3 New Member

LOL :lol: good one!!! might give it a go!! Need instructions on how to construct the contraption!!
  12. Willmolly3 New Member

How about if I photocopy the whole book and read it of the paper then it might look like I am looking at an ordinary work document!!
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

sounds like a plan. Can you easly photocopy an entire book without people seening?
  14. Willmolly3 New Member

Thats the problem I would have to do it a few pages at a time!! Makes me look busy to!!
  15. colonesque10 New Member

Build a dummy of yourself and leave it on your chair. Also make a recording of your voice that says 'Wow! Those figures do look good for November.' and loop play it every minute or so. Then not only will you be able to sneak off and read your book but you'll also get brownie points off your boss.

Either that or take your building hostage using fireams. Then you can get someone to read the book to you and if they make a mistake...BANG...until you find someone with a nice reading voive like Tony Robinson. :)
  16. Rincewind Number One Doorman

FOOL PROOF!
  17. Pixel New Member

Well, there's your answer - start a small controllable fire - just enough for them to run - then sit back and read (occasionally feeding the flames) while they think you are fighting the fire! Won't work for long, I admit - some officious busybody will probably call the Fire Brigade anyway, even if that is your job, but you never know your luck - you might get to finish the book before it is washed away by fire-hoses! :)
  18. Willmolly3 New Member

If its all the same I will go for the toilet Idea

It has worked so far. Of for another 0 minute read now infact. Very near the end of Witches Abroad now. Grannys sister is in trouble