"Animal Rights" camp

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, May 20, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I dunno, we're talkin about the sort of morons who stand in front of a lorry if it's carrying veal to market, then say how evil the meat industry is for killing a protester.

I'm not terribly worried about how skilled they'll be at training people to carry on their campaign of getting run over.
  3. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:45e3d0d94a]At previous camps, activists were taught how to deliver punches to key areas of the body and to damage optic nerves by sticking their fingers into adversaries' eyes.[/quote:45e3d0d94a]
    [quote:45e3d0d94a]Mr Cass's company has been the focus of much of the anti-vivisectionist movement's activities in the past few years. He has been threatened and attacked with a baseball bat.[/quote:45e3d0d94a]

Not quite just standing in front of trucks.

In fact, in a linked story at the bottom of that article:

[quote:45e3d0d94a]In October 2004 the gang dug up and stole the remains of Gladys Hammond, the 82-year-old mother-in-law of Chris Hall, one of the co-owners of the farm. Taunting the family in a series of sick letters about the whereabouts of the body, Smith finally revealed where it was buried last week in an attempt to have his sentence reduced.[/quote:45e3d0d94a]
    [quote:45e3d0d94a]Petrol bombs, death threats, voodoo dolls, graffiti, slander, vandalism to cars and houses, they stopped at nothing as they revelled in their reputation as untouchable, sophisticated terrorists. In reality, though they were dangerous, they were very careless, displaying overconfidence, naivety and a sometimes-hopeless inability to cover their tracks[/quote:45e3d0d94a]

These are terrorist tactics, not just protests.

Link to second story
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*Shrug* just drive up in a veal truck and they'll run screaming.
  5. Electric_Man Templar

Or petrol bomb it. Would make an interesting explosion... mmm, veal rain.
  6. Bradthewonderllama New Member

And through their fanaticism they condemn their cause.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I used to know a couple of law students who were in the Animal Liberation Front, strict vegans who made their dog be vegan too. I always thought the dog part was a bit odd. Anyway Anna graduated and got offered a job at a law firm in Birmingham, she ditched her boyfriend, dreadlocks and army surplus gear quick sharp.

Not that this means anything really, just that I always think of her when I see mention of this kind of thing.
  8. Roman_K New Member

Sad people. If the it wasn't for the fact that sad people can be very, very dangerous people at the same time, I would just ignore them.

The transition from doing what's trendy to actually getting in too deep to even think of getting out isn't all that noticable. Our Anarchists come to mind. First they throw rocks at soldiers, then they're surprised when, after taking a couple of eyes out for two guys and nearly killing a third, they get tear gas.
  9. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Tear gas? That's light. A rock is a weapon.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:33310cc478="Bradthewonderllama"]And through their fanaticism they condemn their cause.[/quote:33310cc478]
    Couldn't put it any better... as do fanatics of any cause really...