Addiction

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Venerico, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Venerico New Member

Do you agree that there is such thing as "sweet addiction".
    And if there is, are you addicted?
    I know I am, I'm crazy for sweets. At any form.
    Am I crazy because of that.
    When I'm at the shop, and I have money to spend on anything my heart desires (that's mostly at little shop at my school), I go nuts and I spend it all on something sweet.
    Do you have that urge sometimes, or is it just (crazy) me?

[img:5f1cef464b]http://facultyfiles.deanza.edu/images/coltrindorothy/CANDY1.jpg[/img:5f1cef464b]
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

It's just you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (ok, I like sweets too, but not that much, I don't eat them that often...
  3. Venerico New Member

[quote:03dc1ee050="Katcal"]It's just you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (ok, I like sweets too, but not that much, I don't eat them that often...[/quote:03dc1ee050]

I don't eat them much, too. Though I'd like to. If anybody wants to make a donation in candies contact me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I must take care for my good look. ;)
  4. Hermia New Member

No, it's not just you. Actually, since being pregnant, my diet has been much healthier, but I used to be addicted to sweets BIG TIME. I mean, really. Just ask Buzzfloyd. I'd walk out late at night and count out my pennies (literally) to get my chocolate fix, and I was incapable of having any in the house without eating it. I think was quite extreme, but at least it wasn't heroin!
  5. koshu New Member

I totaly feel your pain if I get any cash spare thats not gone on books its straight to "sweets from heaven" the greatest sweet shop on earth... well technically..... Just ignore the name for now till I can think of something to add.. :D :D :D :D
  6. Hex New Member

*head explodes at sight of emoticon overuse*

So many little faces...
  7. koshu New Member

but I mean there "sweet" little faces.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok I'll stop now!!

Im suffering from sleep deprivation at the moment
  8. TamyraMcG Active Member

Me too, Koshu, I've been up way too long and I am thinking about having a chocolate bar right now( maybe because there was a Ghirardelli commercial on just a minute ago, mmm Ghirardelli is almost as good as Lindt).
  9. shadowgirl New Member

I love both sweets and chocolate. The picture of the dolly mixture just makes me want to go out and buy some. I loved being pregnant because I could eat like a cow and eat all the chocolate and not feel guilty.

If you are addicted, look away now.

Ohh...Dolly Mixture, Rasberry Ruffles, Strawberry Sherberts, Pinapple Cubes, Cola Cubes, mmmmm I could go on.
  10. Hermia New Member

What I really hated was the recent fashion for sweety jewelry etc. It all looked so edible! I kept being tempted to go up to people in the street and eat their earrings/handbag or whatever. Could have been embarrassing. Luckily I managed to curb myself.
  11. koshu New Member

knowing me I would of attacked them without any second thought.

Its to do with my built in "track and aquire" sweetie/chocolate device :lol:
  12. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:6561604378="shadowgirl"]Ohh...Dolly Mixture, Rasberry Ruffles, Strawberry Sherberts, Pinapple Cubes, Cola Cubes, mmmmm I could go on.[/quote:6561604378]

Ahh the nostalgia of it all... Wallow in a bit more (but hide your credit card first) here

Curly Wurly anyone? ;)
  13. koshu New Member

your evil,, soooo evil. you'll make me wanna go out and buy out the whole of tesco's and asdas :lol:
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oooooooouh sarge, I hate you !!!! :D

Dunno what's worse, remembering all those sweets or remembering I'm hundreds of miles from the nearest english sweet shop ! :( The french just don't have the same sweet culture...
  15. spiky Bar Wench

I said I don't eat sweets, which I try to avoid cos they give me a dirty headache and make my teeth hurt... But I've heard others who say they're addicted, I just get the come down before I get the suger high...
  16. Hsing Moderator

This is my third day in a row without chocolate... And I want to make it to Holy Evening (sp?)...

I barely managed to take my mind of them...

And then came you...

You evil, evil, evil people....
    :(

Must... stay.... strong...
  17. Delphine New Member

I don't like chocolate very much, it makes my teeth hurt. I'm sure my sweet tooth fell out. I've got a savory tooth instead. I'd rather get a box of ... cheeses, or sausages, or little garlic things, or sushi, than a box of chocolates. GARLIC!! I love garlic, and all things savory. Except olives.

When I do overindulge in sweety delights, i get spots. So it's probably a good thing I don't really like them.
  18. koshu New Member

[quote:08fb536147="Hsing"]This is my third day in a row without chocolate... And I want to make it to Holy Evening (sp?)...

I barely managed to take my mind of them...

And then came you...

You evil, evil, evil people....
    :(

Must... stay.... strong...[/quote:08fb536147]

Come on you can do it we all belive in you.
    but wait its the evil chocolate ghost ahhhhhhhhh

hes coming........please no dont eat me I practicle worship you......take Hsing he doesn't like you...... ;)
    (gohst goes after Hsing instead)

Sorry ;)
  19. Electric_Man Templar

I don't mind the odd sweet here or there, but I can never eat more than a few at a time and I don't crave them.

I'm the same with chocolate, although I'm more able to eat large amounts at one sitting. But I don't get cravings.

I once shocked a friend when I said that sometimes I prefer to eat a piece of fruit than a bar of chocolate. Being on the "big-boned" side, he couldn't understand why someone would rather have a plum or an apple instead of a mars bar or a twirl.

I [i:3f0e4a19f6]always[/i:3f0e4a19f6] have fruit in my room, sometimes some kind of savoury thing, but I rarely have chocolate/sweets. I only really eat chocolate when on the go, a quick snack or if someone brings something into work ;)
  20. Cynical_Youth New Member

I also prefer fruit to chocolate to be honest. I have a few pieces of fruit every day, but I rarely eat chocolate.

I do eat a packet of liquorice every week, though. But black gold is irresistible!
  21. Tephlon Active Member

I've kicked the chocolate habit. (Almost..)
    Although I do indulge in liquorice whenever I can get my hands on it. (Not too often, unfortunately)

I do notice that I like salty things more and more. I guess it's my age catching up on me. :)

I try to always have fruit available to eat instead of candy.
  22. koshu New Member

sorry but my sweet tooth is law....

even though sometimes I wish it wasn't :lol:
  23. Andalusian New Member

I as a rule don't eat chocolate, but its a bit difficult when one's friends pile you up with christmas chocolate and demand that you eat it. Its tasty and everything, but I can live without it. So can my waistline.

Dried fruit on the other hand... I can eat a whole packet of dried mango in one sitting. I live on the stuff.

Boiled lollies are also nice, as long as they are the traditional kind. I never get to eat liquorice as my Dad tends to gobble it all up before anyone else is aware it is in the house.
  24. TamyraMcG Active Member

The photo of "dolly mixture" reminded me of an art exhibit I saw in college. An artist from Duluth had done these huge photorealistic paintings of gummy bears and other candy. She had a very elegant 6foot square painting of Jordan almonds in a silver dish as seen from directly overhead. It was gorgeous. I had never seen a gummybear in person back then (1980 or so) now they are widely available. I like gummy sharks better then bears.
  25. mowgli New Member

[quote:6543fd1a07="Cynical_Youth"]
    I do eat a packet of liquorice every week, though. But black gold is irresistible![/quote:6543fd1a07]

You...eat...oil???
  26. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:6078282068="mowgli"][quote:6078282068="Cynical_Youth"]
    I do eat a packet of liquorice every week, though. But black gold is irresistible![/quote:6078282068]

You...eat...oil???[/quote:6078282068]

I [i:6078282068]drink[/i:6078282068] oil.
  27. koshu New Member

wat kind of oil...... :)

Ive drunk castor oil before....but thats awfull I dont see why anyone would want that :?:
  28. Venerico New Member

29. mowgli New Member

30. Hsing Moderator

*hates Venerico with all her might*

Fourth Day!
  31. koshu New Member

WHY.......WHY...........How can the world be soooooo cruel.............
    Noooooooooo

;)
  32. Venerico New Member

33. Hsing Moderator

*[i:17f3d131f7]Calm[/i:17f3d131f7].... It's only... [i:17f3d131f7]a vision[/i:17f3d131f7]...*
    Fifth Day! :p
  34. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:f0bf9b5a41="koshu"]......take Hsing he doesn't like you...... ;)
    (gohst goes after Hsing instead)

Sorry ;)[/quote:f0bf9b5a41]

FYI: Hsing is a [i:f0bf9b5a41]she[/i:f0bf9b5a41]
  35. koshu New Member

sorry its a miss type :roll: :)

p.s Hsing sorry, my bad!!!
  36. Hsing Moderator

Say it quickly, and three times:

Miss Hsing! Miss Hsing! Miss Hsing!
  37. koshu New Member

your missing??? :D
  38. chrisjordan New Member

Zing! Zing! ZIIIIIIIIING!!
  39. Hermia New Member

Once, when I was very small, I informed my mother that grapes were [i:e9dd6b8cdb]even nicer[/i:e9dd6b8cdb] than sweets. The following week (I was allowed sweets once a week) she offered me grapes instead of sweets, reminding me of what I'd said, and I was very, very upset. Cruel mother. Since then I have always been very careful about what rash statements I make, as the consequences can be severe.
  40. koshu New Member

grapes how evil, i shall fast of grapes for a whole week :)
  41. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Then the grapes will be angry and we'll have.....wait for it.....Grapes of Wrath.

hehe.
  42. koshu New Member

im quaking in my boots.............
    hahahaha
  43. spiky Bar Wench

44. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:65a98b7d50="spiky"][quote:65a98b7d50="OmKranti"]Grapes of Wrath.
    [/quote:65a98b7d50]

*Ba dum chi*[/quote:65a98b7d50]

Couldn't have put it better myself ! :D