Abomination unto nuggan

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by fairyliquid, Aug 18, 2005.

1. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:0c298f11d1="Hsing"]Frozen toilet paper is an abomination unto Nuggan. Story only on request.[/quote:0c298f11d1]

[s:0c298f11d1]Unless you've been eating a particularly hot curry[/s:0c298f11d1] Story please!!
  2. Hsing Moderator

Okay, it's freezing cold in this part of Germany right now.
    Still, I open some windows for half an hour each day, because this old house, originally not being built for people to live in, and never really renovated since 1920 has problems with clamminess.

So, I opened the bath room window -wide open- and forgot about it for two hours.
    The toilet paper roll was standing on the windowsill because on it's regular place, it is in reach of my 2 year old daughter, and she loves decorating the flat with it.

I suppose my husband saw the window open, though the bath room was icy enough, and closed it.
    During that time, say, a third of the toilet role had gotten wet on the window sill, and frozen over. When I went in, it had just melt so far that I didn't notice it had been frozen because it unrolled normally, and having touched only the dry two thirds...
    The rest of the story is eeek and goosebumps.
  3. sleepy_sarge New Member

:D

[s:e83d7919be]
    Must not comment on her sig line, must not comment on her sig line....[/s:e83d7919be]
  4. Hsing Moderator

5. Sir_Gawain New Member

All the snow melting in the middle of January only one week into Cross-country Skiing is an abomination unto Nuggan. And it's my last year, too... :cry:
  6. sleepy_sarge New Member

Office Services staff who decde to shut down the coffee machine for servicing just as I am heading for my first cup of the day are an Abomination Unto Nuggan ( and also closer to death than they realise)
  7. Guest Guest

Companies who pay supervisors time and a half for overtime and pay the true workers singletime for overtime are an abomination unto Nuggan (and damned unfair if you ask me)
  8. fairyliquid New Member

exams...'nuff said
  9. Sir_Gawain New Member

Earth Science is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. When it is being used in the way my teacher is using it. At least she doesn't do the granite dance....
  10. Human New Member

Phwaa. Earth Science is for sissies. Bio is hardcore.
  11. Sir_Gawain New Member

Bio isn't offered at my school.
  12. Human New Member

[quote:c35be20503="Sir_Gawain"]Bio isn't offered at my school.[/quote:c35be20503]

I will now kill you and take your place. No one will ever notice the difference...
  13. Sir_Gawain New Member

Oh, you wouldn't want to do that... I'm too behind on my homework.

Speaking of that, homework is an Abomination unto Nuggan.
  14. scif1girl New Member

Getting more than two throat colds per year is an abomination unto nuggan.

Timed tests are an abomination unto nuggan.

Physics midterms are an abomination unto nuggan.
  15. Sir_Gawain New Member

Being stuck in the car with a nine-year-old who likes American pop music and gets to choose the radio station is an abomination unto Nuggan.
  16. Sir_Vaims New Member

having to go to the shop while doing something far more educating-like counting your fingers :)
  17. Sir_Gawain New Member

Losing the book you're reading when you're less than halfway through is an Abomination unto Nuggan. Especially when it's a Pterry book.
  18. Hex New Member

Writer's cramp is an abomination unto nuggan. Ouch :(
  19. silverflagon New Member

Finding 3 whole pages missing in a new Pterry book.... :(
  20. koshu New Member

having practicly no internet acsess is an abominati0on unto nuggan

also having evil school setwork books to read so u cant read wat u want is an abomination
  21. Andalusian New Member

People who try to tell me that science and belief are the same things are abominations.

*headdeskrepeatedly*
  22. Sir_Vaims New Member

the waiting for a new Pterry book is an abomination unto nuggan
  23. Katcal I Aten't French !

Waiting for my signed copy of Thud! when it was dispatched on Jan. 9th is unnecessary torture and therefore an abomination unto nuggan. Also, it really sucks.
  24. OmKranti Yogi Wench

finishing the book 'Monstrus Regiment' on the plane with 1 1/2 hours still to go on the flight is a complete abomination unto Nuggan.

P.S. I finally know where this came from...ha.
  25. LaughingFire New Member

XD Yep, Om... And just like dwarves, chocolate, and women dressing as men, articles on people you know nothing about who help with the crew and basketball teams being due before midnight are abominations unto Nuggan. So is the culminating scene of the tragedy assignment being due tomorrow when you want to get it JUST RIGHT.

The maple syrup being gone is also an abomination unto Nuggan, as is being unable to clean one's bedroom because one doesn't have enough hangers to put away one's laundry, and thus having to negotiate one's way around laundry hampers.

:( Bob is not an abomination.

Because not even Nuggan would be that cruel to someone with a face like that.

Editted to say: Having actually missed the due date for the article is an even greater abomination unto Nuggan! I though it was still January!
  26. Sarbar New Member

Being a new member and no-one replying to my messages is an abomination to nuggan !!!
    Hark ! is that violins I hear... :(
  27. Sir_Gawain New Member

The people who wrote the song "Barbie Girl" are abominations unto Nuggan!
  28. Hsing Moderator

At least they're sarcastic.
    The lack of irony in today's pop is an abomination, too.
    So are colds.
  29. Sir_Gawain New Member

My bus driver is also an abomination unto Nuggan.

And I don't care if they're sarcastic. Their voices give me a headache.
  30. Hsing Moderator

At the time that song was in the charts, there was another pop abomination on the peak of its short career... Whigfield? Remember anyone? [i:f3691fce70]Exactly [/i:f3691fce70]the same voice! But no sarcasm! I thought they were parodying her...

Which reminds me...
    Chart hits that are actually ring tone melodies, often not even in disguise, especially those "performed" by computer animations...
    [size=18:f3691fce70]Abominations³![/size:f3691fce70]
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

Gawain, you should try to find the Rammstein version of Barbie Girl, it was in German, but it was sooooo funny :D
  32. Guest Guest

[quote:719b6e6ec9="Hsing"]At the time that song was in the charts, there was another pop abomination on the peak of its short career... Whigfield? Remember anyone? [i:719b6e6ec9]Exactly [/i:719b6e6ec9]the same voice! But no sarcasm! I thought they were parodying her...

Which reminds me...
    Chart hits that are actually ring tone melodies, often not even in disguise, especially those "performed" by computer animations...
    [size=18:719b6e6ec9]Abominations³![/size:719b6e6ec9][/quote:719b6e6ec9]

Oh Hsing, i really hope you don't mean Crazy Frog! he is cool......Annoying but addictive, my whole workplace goes mad when the Axel F song comes on the radio!
  33. Delphine New Member

[quote:6baa1a6a45="misswhiplash"]Oh Hsing, i really hope you don't mean Crazy Frog! he is cool......[/quote:6baa1a6a45]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have no words!

Anyway, another abomination: Being asked for ID when buying wine... a week after your 22nd birthday. The checkout bloke looked about 16 himself. I laughed merrily. I had to give the money to my friend, so she could pay for it. She's a year younger than me! Do I look 17? The little fiend.

You can buy alcohol at 18 in England. :doubt:
  34. Pixel New Member

[quote:31ee8571c6="Delphine"][quote:31ee8571c6="misswhiplash"]Oh Hsing, i really hope you don't mean Crazy Frog! he is cool......[/quote:31ee8571c6]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have no words!

Anyway, another abomination: Being asked for ID when buying wine... a week after your 22nd birthday. The checkout bloke looked about 16 himself. I laughed merrily. I had to give the money to my friend, so she could pay for it. She's a year younger than me! Do I look 17? The little fiend.

You can buy alcohol at 18 in England. :doubt:[/quote:31ee8571c6]

Delphine - the ID - don't knock it - in twenty or thirty years, you will be delighted to be thought five years younger than you are at the time!
  35. Trollmother New Member

I was very happy beeing asked to show my ID when I was 29 ( 18 is the age in Sweden too)
  36. Hsing Moderator

I [i:da5c814633]mean [/i:da5c814633]Crazy Frog and the likes. They should all be put in a blender. :p
  37. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:2900efac8f="Hsing"]I [i:2900efac8f]mean [/i:2900efac8f]Crazy Frog and the likes. They should all be put in a blender. :p[/quote:2900efac8f]
    Not a blender, they make enough irritating noise without adding a blender effect.
  38. Hsing Moderator

But the [i:aa2327ef4f]looks [/i:aa2327ef4f]can only get better.
  39. Hermia New Member

Delphine, I think I hold the current record for absurd ID incidences. Last year (shortly after my 23rd birthday) I was ID'd (??) for Lemsip (contains paracetamol, you have to be 16). Also, I was ID'd for a potato peeler! Turned out the boy wasn't even old enough to see it to me, he had to get the manager to help out!!

And just to clear things up, the Crazy Frog is [i:adc7a21e52]not[/i:adc7a21e52] cool!
  40. Plugger New Member

*bing bing* yes tis very annoying...but i know people that have it on there mp3s
    anywho i find business studies to be an abomination unto Nuggan, but our teacher is even worse. LET THE INFIDEL BURN!!! urm...*cough cough*...
  41. Bradthewonderllama New Member

[quote:aa51e68052="Hermia"]Delphine, I think I hold the current record for absurd ID incidences. Last year (shortly after my 23rd birthday) I was ID'd (??) for Lemsip (contains paracetamol, you have to be 16). Also, I was ID'd for a potato peeler! Turned out the boy wasn't even old enough to see it to me, he had to get the manager to help out!!

And just to clear things up, the Crazy Frog is [i:aa51e68052]not[/i:aa51e68052] cool![/quote:aa51e68052]

There are restrictions on potato peelers in the UK?
  42. Hsing Moderator

I want to know that, too. :D

Of course you could disfigure someone so much crueler (sp?) with a potato peeler than just disembowell him quickly with a knife...
  43. Plugger New Member

well in that case shouldnt there be a law against papercuts and lemon juice?
  44. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've always wondered about restrictions on planes never including potato peelers... Nail clippers and knitting needles are obvious lethal weapons, but why not potato peelers ?

(eeditted four speellng)
  45. fairyliquid New Member

You can't beat Singapore for it's restrictions...

To go into a shop and buy a razor blade you must be 16+ and have proof of age. The razors are locked up under chains and in order to get access you must ask a shop assistant.

The kitchen knifes, utensils, and other much sharper objects (including patotoe peelers and those huge meat knifes and things like pizza cutters and such) are left out in the open with no obvious restriction or caution whatsoever. I, infact, bought one quite easily the other day but the week before they refused to sell a razor because I had no proof of age. I had to get my mum to buy it for me :lol:

They are so wrapped up in teen suicides (they have some of the highest rates in the world...mostly due to preassure from parents to achieve the top marks constantly)they forget that a razor can achieve a lot less than a very sharp kitchen utensil.

Singapore cracks me up...

edit: to add stuff
  46. Sarbar New Member

Got frisked, body searched, the whole lot.. in America.
    (Unfortuanetly frisking done by a big momma !)
    Turns out, somehow I had a nailfile in my top denim jacket pocket. Everyone very jumpy, needless to say I have immaculate nails !
    :lol:
  47. fairyliquid New Member

no sleep is an abomination unto nuggan...

The prospect of yet no more sleep tonight is an abomination unto nuggan.
  48. LaughingFire New Member

Potato peeler? O.O

...18? That seems young. Not that it makes very much difference having it be three years higher anyway, or much sense to have someone be of legal majority in every other respect and still not be allowed to purchase alcohol....

Being the only person in your history class who isn't friends with your partner for the collaborative project, especially when said partner is antisocial and doesn't speak English very well, and you're shy yourself and aren't sure how to spell or pronounce her name, is an abomination unto Nuggan. :( I'm gonna dieeeee....
  49. Sir_Gawain New Member

You're right honey, you are.

Antisocail computers are an abomination unto Nuggan.
  50. Faerie New Member

English 222 is an abomination as is having homework and a test due in the same week for Economics. Don't teachers know test weeks are supposed to be just for studying, free of homework?
    I'm so glad my spring break starts tomorrow. 3 more days till Florida!
  51. LaughingFire New Member

How can a computer be antisocial?

Five-hour rehearsals are an abomination unto Nuggan.
  52. Hermia New Member

Flipping pancake-tossers (small child in room) who slow down, then wave apologetically as they drive straight over the zebra crossing are a frigging abomination unto nuggan and deserve to be attacked with a potato-peeler!!!

LaughingFire, I believe most places in Europe allow people to purchase alcohol from the age of 16, at least! We just get used to our own age-brackets, and all the others seem weird. Having said that, in our country we're allowed to leave home at 16; imagine having to call my parents to ask them to provide me with my kitchen utensils because I'm not old enough to buy them!
  53. lipi New Member

[quote:64e8777570="Katcal"][quote:64e8777570="Hsing"]I [i:64e8777570]mean [/i:64e8777570]Crazy Frog and the likes. They should all be put in a blender. :p[/quote:64e8777570]
    Not a blender, they make enough irritating noise without adding a blender effect.[/quote:64e8777570]

LOL I hate that song, and yes, it's addictive. :x

Not sening my BF in over 5 weeks because of work schedules is abomination. My boss is often an abomination.
    The state (or better said IRS) taking 25% of my earnings as a student worker just because I'm over 26 is a HUGE ABOMINATION..how the hell am I supposed to finish my studies if I have to work even more to support myself?? :toimonster: :axe:

Edited to add: Hermia, your sig cracks me up! I'd try it with my cat, but her claws all over me would then be an abomination. :lol:
  54. Sir_Gawain New Member

[quote:043ee7c499="LaughingFire"]How can a computer be antisocial?[/quote:043ee7c499]

It refuses to talk to other computers, the portable drive chip, any floppy disks, any CD's, or any outside hardware.
  55. Human New Member

Here's one: parents who send you in with yogurt HALF A MONTH past the expiration date. See that? That's the expiration date. Clearly stamped on the label. It says FEBRUARY FIFTEENTH.
  56. Victimov8 New Member

[quote:29b3eb5c61="sleepy_sarge"]Office Services staff who decde to shut down the coffee machine for servicing just as I am heading for my first cup of the day are an Abomination Unto Nuggan ( and also closer to death than they realise)[/quote:29b3eb5c61]

Too True!!! Antiquated coffee machine that breaks down on average 3 times/week is a bugger too... :(
  57. TamyraMcG Active Member

Computers that die, just give up and die are a true abomination unto Nuggan. Mine has been gone for a week and a half now. I miss this place and I'll be trying to get a different computer soon, but we had to get tires for the big truck this week, only $1900 for 8, aren't we lucky?
  58. Sarbar New Member

:cry: Having to work overnight tonight is most definately an abomination
    to nuggan. Still I can blast my lungs out listening to my mp3 player.
    :rock:
  59. Katcal I Aten't French !

Stupid f**ing hackers who f**k up peoples private message boards to make a political statement are an abomination unto nuggan and should be hung up by the... town hall with their figgin on a spike.

:( :cry: :evil:
  60. jaccairn New Member

A delivery man who leave a cardboard box of books leaning against the back door, where there's no protection at all, on a day when it's already been raining in the morning and more is forecast, is an abomination.

Fortunately I got home just as the rain was starting again and once the books warmed up they seemed OK.