A seriously good invention

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

2. fairyliquid New Member

The question is...how much does it steal from you bank account?

great idea though...it would save my annoying problem of an american keyboard with the computer set up for a british. Took a while to find the...wait, lost it again...'#' sign.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Hee hee, it's got a donkey on it! :)
  4. Toaf New Member

That is such a good idea.
  5. lipi New Member

I am really intreagued by the possibility of programming different tools onto the keyboard in Photoshop, probably also in other programmes like AutoCad... That would shure come in handy once I got used to it. Also, dad's new wife prefears a german keyboard, while I just love my slovene one :p

The money is a question, though :p
  6. Cynical_Youth New Member

I think we're looking at the future here. Very good idea, especially because it is pretty easy for games and programs to add their own specifications.

That guy is going to be rich.
  7. ArthurDent New Member

That's very cool. :)
  8. Rockycog New Member

That is a very cool keyboard!! It would use up more energy though because of all the lil lights and things on it. Plus cost lots...... which isn't good as I am prone to getting bits of food stuck in the keys or nearly spilling stuff over it.

But it is the way forward I think, into the future.

Because yes, that dude is going to be a rich dude.
  9. Delphine New Member

Very cool keyboard. I want to know what the donkey does. Maybe it makes a donkey noise, or generates a holographic donkey, or possibly even pinpoints the location of the nearest donkey :shock:

It's the wave of the future!!

edited for stupid typo. Ah! maybe it's a spelling donkey. I could do with one of those.
  10. chrisjordan New Member

I think the donkey is eMule, which is a file-sharing (possibly P2P) program/client/thing.
  11. Faerie New Member

Maybe when your computer is being an a** you can hit the donkey button and your computer will repremand itself. :)
  12. Tephlon Active Member

Chris is right. Although I like the other theories... :)

This thing is seriously cool. The OLED's are expensive but don't need backlighting, so powerconsumption won't be that bad.
    It would be about $200 initialy.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

I'm particularly fond of the locating the nearest donkey theory, could be very useful if you're travelling back in time to see if the crucifixion and suddenly realise you need to get away quickly! :)
  14. Quixotic New Member

This is pretty much what I was thinking! I also have a nasty tendency to spill liquids...mostly coffee...and I'd hate to have to fork out more than £10-20 every six months or so after a fatal spillage...

Very cool looking design though.
  15. Hsing Moderator

Surely if they are capable to create something like this, making it waterproof would only be the next little step...
    Actually, it should have been one of the first ones... anyone wanting to improve keyboards should try to find a way to make them tea-/coffee-/crumb-proof first.
  16. Quixotic New Member

Definitely! :D
  17. Tephlon Active Member

You mean like this ?
    Dust and moisture resistant.
    And it rolls up...
  18. Quixotic New Member

Ooh I don't if I could use that comfortably though...

I like the additional pics - "doubles as a back massager" lol.
  19. fairyliquid New Member

My new one claims to be spill resistant, I haven't had much of a chance to test it (I'm hoping I wont have to but it' really only a matter of time). I actually saw the roll up one, it would be good if you had a labtop and hated the lab keyboards but it didn't look much of a good keyboard.

Pitty, it would have been fun to play with while pretending to do work :)
  20. Bob New Member

Wow.. Amazing inventon! :)

The heat from the lights (if there is any) would be ok, my hands are freezing most nights :)

~B:wink:B~
  21. Roman_K New Member

Ah, it is things like this that make me see the future of my bank account, which will most likely resemble the state it is in today.

Empty.
  22. Quixotic New Member

That's how mine started and I daresay that is how it will end! Damn them for making so many gadgets to tempt!
  23. Faerie New Member

This keyboard would be hard to use but definitly spill proof.
  24. Tephlon Active Member

A friend of mine has one of those. It's great for palmtops and (Roman!) mobile phones (The ones that support it) but yeah, it can be ackward to use.