A game addiction...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by spiky, Feb 19, 2006.

1. spiky Bar Wench

2. Katcal I Aten't French !

I sympathize, the scary thing is that I actually know people like that... and I'm thinking seriously about giving their neighbours my phone number and asking them to keep an open nostril for suspicous decomposing-corpse smells; just in case...
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

Yep. WoW's definately addictivly good.
  4. Hsing Moderator

I've had a flatmate who, literally, wasted his first four semesters to Counterstrike, and spent what was left of his time jobbing in various call centers to afford dope, a flatrate and rent (in that order). It [i:74355d6fff]was [/i:74355d6fff]a sad sight, actually. He dropped out of his education in the end, as far as I know.

Those with a nack for wasting their time, though, will always find a way. Wether you wasted your life or not was just not always that highly observed - we now live, often, in societies were you constantly have to excuse for every time consuming hobbie you still afford, where every minute of time not being spent productively is questioned, and where being under constant stress is totally chic. When did you last meet someone who said: "I do have time, and I enjoy it. Hah!"

Not that that really has anything to do with game addiction. I just believe that this mentality results in a high consciousness for problems like these. I also think people tress the horse from the wrong end, and that things like these are an old phenomenon being channeled through new media.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Wow, Hsing! I had an identical flatmate, smoked dope all day and night, played Counterstrike the whole time and never opened his curtains. He worked part time in an office using a photocopier to pay for it all. He was the most depressing flatmate I ever had, always miserable and thinking everyone's trying to rip him off.

I think he has a girlfriend now though, he looked a lot brighter the last time I saw him. :)
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

So... I'm not the only one who has to plant a bomb at the WoW server location to be able to reach some of my friends ? :D