a community acid trip

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by plaid, Nov 11, 2006.

1. plaid New Member

in response to a recent installment of The Plaid Identity, Hsing said:
    [quote:d3b6ad2037]This would be LSD-y as a graphic novel.[/quote:d3b6ad2037]
    and so i present to you a project inspired by Hsing and nudged into reality by Chris, the plaid identity - the art project.

basically it's an opportunity for anyone and everyone to illustrate bits of the plaid identity and show them off, webcomic/graphic novel-ish style. and it's an opportunity for me to see what you see.

there are no rules, so let your pencils, pens, or finger paints run free. stick figures are perfectly acceptable. doors, feel free to insert your stolen little tripod character-people.

it'll be up indefinitely. all i ask are proper file types. i'm excited to see what people come up with.

any questions?

ps. original thread here
  2. Hsing Moderator

What are proper filtypes? .jpg, gif etc, pdf....
  3. plaid New Member

hm, i didn't even think of pdfs.

the more usual image file types are .jpg, .gif, and .png
    though if you've got an image in a .pdf, i could probably handle that too.

[edit for because i am having issues being articulate today]
  4. Hsing Moderator

What exactly does a spork like? A spoon, a fork... but does it have a knify bit on one of their sides too or were I just imagining this?
  5. chrisjordan New Member

6. Hsing Moderator

Ouch, then! Cutting someone with that must awfully hurt.
    (And yes, I have some scribbling done for "the blood of a child". I am at my parents, and had nothing to do after 21.00.)
  7. chrisjordan New Member

I might have a go at the Yak Pit.

I'm actually also very tempted to have a go at the zombie one, too...

Hm.

Edit: Alright, I've decided. Dibs on zombies.
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm sure I recall a conversation with you, Hsing, where you said 'Ah, so that's what a spork is!' Can't remember which thread though. Evidently we both have patchy memories!
  9. Hsing Moderator

No, I remember; it was about your Tripod illustration, where it was included! I then thought I'd finally gotten it; but the text bit from Plaid's board fic includes someone being cut -and deeply - with a spork, and I got insecure again and thought it might have yet another part suitable for cutting that I missed.
  10. chrisjordan New Member

Rinso is made of cheese. That's all there is to it.
  11. plaid New Member

not to be an interfering author at all, but it isn't just any spork! it's a fulgurite spork, and this is an important fact.

also: take a look at this piece of rare tpi reference material
    [IMG]:

rincewind is the only other living soul to have set eyes on that map before in real life. way way back at the very first con....

yeah.
  12. Electric_Man Templar

The holy grail of TPI! It exists!

It looks pretty close to how I imagined it, does this mean I'm on some kind of scary Plaid wavelength?
  13. plaid New Member

gather round,

the first few pieces of art have been entered and are here presented next to their respective scenes.
  14. Hsing Moderator

Mine are still in the work. I'll just need some more time.
  15. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

[quote:d8c90f0e73="plaid"]gather round,

the first few pieces of art have been entered and are here presented next to their respective scenes.[/quote:d8c90f0e73]

Sorry to say Plaid, [i:d8c90f0e73]wannasee, wannasee[/i:d8c90f0e73] I can't get anything from the link. I even took my firewall down (embarrassed grin) to no avail.
  16. chrisjordan New Member

It moved.
  17. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Jolly damn sneaky, what! :)
  18. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah... Just becuase my mother had an affair with a pack of baby bell, cheesist bastard!
  19. Hsing Moderator

I've sent a jpg to your profile adress.
  20. plaid New Member

that looks amazing, hsing. i am quite impressed with it!

by the way, chris's zombies have been put up today. go look. my nice little javascripty windows aren't working for some mysterious reason... but the images are all there.
  21. plaid New Member

so... some shuffling has happened, and junk...
    in case anyone remembers about this, the art project lives here now

hsing, i'm really sorry but i somehow lost your illustration. if you still have it, [edit.] hold on... maybe i didn't lose it... erm...

in other semi-related news, i have completed the very first plaid identity spin-off. it was very strange writing plaid identity in third person, i must say.
  22. Hsing Moderator

Hm... maybe? :razz: did you or didn't you? I have to check wether I still have it. I know the originals didn't survive the trip, but maybe I can find the scans on my harddrive. I had completely forgotten about this...
  23. plaid New Member

okay...
    so i had lost your illustration, hsing. your excellent illustration. but then i found it again, and now it's up. after some shoving and kicking and being stupid.

everyone go look at hsing's art. (bottom of the page)
    it's way cool.
  24. chrisjordan New Member

Speaking of acid trips...