Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

A new update is ready. However, I see that the image in Chapter 6 is not showing, due to the crappy site I'm using for them. Can I ask for someone to host that image and one other for me, so they will show up? And Mal, one that's done, will you edit Chapter 6 for me? Thank you.

Everything that had been posted on the old board is now up to date (aside from the image). Chapter 7 will be a brand spanking all-new update, complete with an illustration!
  2. Cynical_Youth New Member

Yay! An update!

Have you found someone to host it yet?
    If not, how big are the images?

Btw, the albums section might be an option.
  3. Hsing Moderator

*waits imaptiently*
  4. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:56b0ce3006="Buzzfloyd"]A new update is ready. However, I see that the image in Chapter 6 is not showing, due to the crappy site I'm using for them. Can I ask for someone to host that image and one other for me, so they will show up? And Mal, one that's done, will you edit Chapter 6 for me? Thank you.

Everything that had been posted on the old board is now up to date (aside from the image). Chapter 7 will be a brand spanking all-new update, complete with an illustration![/quote:56b0ce3006]Of course I will edit it, can't wait to see the pictuires actually.

You can host the pictures here if you like, either put them in your album or send them to me and I'll put them in their own folder. :)
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The first picture (the old one, that you've all seen) was supposed to be embedded in the text of Chapter 6, but is conspicuous by its absence. The new one is supposed to be embedded in the text of Chapter 7. I think there are problems linking directly to a picture in the album, aren't there? So I would have to send the images to you, Mal, and write in my submission where the picture is supposed to go. Would that work?
  6. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, just let me know where they go exactly. :)
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Okay I did number 7, hadn't realised you'd submitted it. I had to make the picture a bit smaller, it was massive, but it's still quite large.

Just tell me where the first picture goes. :)
  8. Delphine New Member

I love that picture. :)

Read and commented! Now, back to the waiting room. ;)
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cheers, Mal! I have PMed you about the one for Chapter 6.

Ella, thanks! Good reference spotting too. :)
  10. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, check it out. :)
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you! Also, on the size of the new picture, I just scanned it in exactly as I'd drawn it. The shrinkage is great - thanks for doing that for me. :)
  12. Maljonic Administrator

I've been drawing little sketches for a fairy stories website I'm making; I don't know why but they always seem to come out massive when you scan them, no matter which setting you choose. :)
  13. Tephlon Active Member

Because your scanner scans at 300 dpi or something like that, and the screen is set at 72 dpi. Quite a difference.

Gifs and Jpg's are at 72 dpi...

Well, that's what Photoshop is for.

Edit: added the bit about JPG and GIF
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

In case you haven't spotted it, a new update for [i:825f3d5d34]2001: A Board Odyssey[/i:825f3d5d34] is up.

Edit to add: Thanks, Mal, you were very quick!
  15. Maljonic Administrator

Like a salmon up a drainpipe. :)
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Help required!

I need someone who knows how to use Photoshop or a similar program, who would be willing to do line-inking and colouring for me. All I can manage is scanning in a pencil sketch. :-/
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Aye aye sir !

Will photoshop for food... or fame.
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you! I'll email you shortly.
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

I have just finished reading the last few installments and it is very enjoyable, I must say... Grace, you have mail ;)
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you! :)
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Now I need someone to host an image for me! Pretty please?
  22. Electric_Man Templar

Well, if you're asking nicely...
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I am, see above! I shall email the image to you toot sweet.
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[IMG]

Chapter 9 of 2001: A Board Odyssey, coming soon to a messageboard near you!

Thanks to Katcal for image work and Ben for hosting.
  25. Maljonic Administrator

Cool picture.
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yarr :D Now we want the story !!!
  27. chrisjordan New Member

:shock:

:lol:

MOCKING TIME FOR PLAIDY: ACTION HERO!!!

(Nice artwork, though.)
  28. plaid New Member

:: kicks chris ::

oh wow. this will be good.
  29. Hsing Moderator

*anticipates*
  30. spiky Bar Wench

*looks forward to what device will be used to explain how women can kick butt while wearing long dresses*
  31. Tephlon Active Member

Nice colouring job, Katcal!

Now, in the name of friendly competition, I demand access to the black and white art. :)
  32. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Heh. All right, Bauke, I'll email it to you! We could have a colouring competition. ;)

Spiky, you'll see!

Edit to add: Thanks, everyone, for the compliments!
  33. Orrdos God

I admire that picture mightily!
  34. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I demand this gets written quicker.
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sorry about the delay, peeps. The update will be with you soon.