Your flying car, sir.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Roman_K New Member

2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I somehow managed to end up on the mailing list of Firebox, a catalogue of 'executive toys'. I thought the Moller they had listed was a model until I saw the price.

See page here

I still want one, even at that price. :D

The X-hawk is a skateboard by comaparison.
  3. Roman_K New Member

It's not a model, but rather a test vehicle. I think firebox.com are doing it a bit early, considering the fact that we don't even have laws permitting the use of such cars - unless they count as civilian planes, in which case you'd need a pilot's license...

But we're getting there, to be sure.
  4. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

He He... at my age I'll probably get my own personal set of wings before I can save up that much money :lol:
  5. DEATHOFRATS New Member

You could sell your house and buy the MOLLER, and then...err...
  6. Roman_K New Member

An update on this, apparently others are seeking to develop a kind of cross between a bike and and a plane.
  7. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Scary... I've only once been in a Reliant Robin and I didn't feel safe when it was on the ground. Ah, the joys of technological advances. Hrummph.
    I think a flying motorcycle would be quite fun to own. Reminiscent of Good Omens...

I also noticed this link Here about a flying jeep. Do you have any news about that?
  8. Lyia New Member

Upon seeing that I find myself singing the Jettson song. "Meet George Jettson, dodidododo. Jane his wife, dodidododo. Daughter Judy, Dodidododo. His son Elroy dodidododo........JANE GET ME OFF THIS CRAZY THING!!!"
  9. Maljonic Administrator

This might be more affordable:

[YOUTUBE]wd99ziWFF7Q[/YOUTUBE]
  10. jaccairn New Member

Damned noisy though. Just imagine if everyone had one :shock:.
  11. Maljonic Administrator

The first are always noisy though, look at Henry Fords first attempt at a flying car with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...
  12. randywine Member

I was re-ended on Saturday by someone who must have a flying car. We were stopped at a roundabout in Livingston and somebody ran into the back offside part of my bumper. Smashing and ripping it in the process. By the time I looked over to Mrs R. and asked if she were ok and then looked over my left shoulder to see who had hit us. They were gone. The had totally, and at great speed, fucked off. Which was just how I felt. No injuries though and the bumper is now beautifully gaffer taped.
    The woman in the police station didn’t look to amused when I said I think it was the flash. I guess making light of a situation is not really the done thing.
    I still have the wheel arch trim that they left behind though.

Randy.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

:D It's true!