Witch 1st

Discussion in 'THE WIZARD BOOKS' started by Elvira, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Elvira New Member

:( Can anyone please tell me which order if any that the Discworld books should be read :?: love what i ave read so far
  2. Hex New Member

3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I recommend reading them in order of publication, although theoretically you can read them in any order.
  4. Pixel New Member

[quote:a6f54810ea="Buzzfloyd"]I recommend reading them in order of publication, although theoretically you can read them in any order.[/quote:a6f54810ea]
    Generally reading them in any order is true, but (and I had this from Pterry Himself at a signing session) you should read "Witches Abroad" before you read "Lords and Ladies". Otherwise, any order will work, but things make more sense when read in the order of publication - especially the Watch series - but if you can't get hold of the earlier books, don't let that stop you reading the later ones!
  5. boggon New Member

but you can't read The Light Fantastic before Colour of Magic or you won't have a clue what's happenning
  6. Angua_rox New Member

Well, it won't be as good, but you should be able to get a broad feeling.
  7. Hsing Moderator

I've started out in the middle, hopped to the Watch books, then back to Mort... It did work out somehow.... :)

Witch 1st... Sweet... ;) My first thought was, wrong forum?