Who rules the Agatean Empire?

Discussion in 'THE WIZARD BOOKS' started by mr_scrub, Jan 29, 2007.

1. mr_scrub New Member

Spoiler Warning

Now that Cohen is gone :cry: moment of silence :cry: who inherits the Agatean Empire? He has plenty of heirs but the only one who is known's whereabouts are unknown and probably wouldn't want the title. I thought maybe Twoflower because he is the Grand Vizier, but what would happen to the empire then?
  2. thedisc New Member

never really thought about it.

Can't see Terry revisiting anything to do it though, unless it gets a brief mention.
  3. TamyraMcG Active Member

Oh, I can see it might be an interesting dilemma. The Agatean Empire had correspondence with Ankh-Morpork long before Twoflower invented tourism. An unstable Empire might not be a bad thing and probably not an uninteresting thing. Since they have so much of whatever rhinu are made of,I could see them showing up in Making Money.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Gold. And that's an interesting thought!
  5. Tephlon Active Member

That *is* interesting. The Agateans already use paper money. There is an exchange between Disembowel Meself Honourably Dibhala and Rincewind about the Rhinu note and the fact that Ankh-Morpork´s papermills and engravers might be very interested:

add Moist von Lipwig to the mix and you have the premise for "Making Money".
  6. Stercus Stercus New Member

Good job the Dwarves haven't heard about what Rhinu are made of. It would be a bit like vikings but without the raping. Unless Cassanunda went anyway.
  7. Kisstheabstract New Member

It'd be good if Conina inherited it! (She's mentioned in... oh gods which book now? Urrrmm... Sourcery! But I suppose she was illegitimate, ah well.