What films have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Delphine, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Faerie New Member

I saw Indiana Jones, I read alot of bad reviews about it but I liked it. I still want to see Ironman, Narnia, and Wall-E when it comes out.
  2. redneck New Member

I've seen Narnia and Ironman. Want to see Indiana Jones, Wall-e, and Kung Fu Panda. One of my friends works at the theater and said that it is the best Dreamworks films made yet. I don't know about that, but I do want to see it.
  3. mazekin Member

Just saw War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. I don't normally like him in any of his newer movies, but I quite enjoyed this one. Driving home was...well, lets just say I kept waiting for giant machines to come stomping over the horizon.
  4. BlueOrca New Member

Watched From Hell with my boyfriend last weekend.
    I brought all my dvd's and mixed them up with his dvd's and put them in alphabetic order. Them we started from A untill we got to the first film he hadn't seen yet. That just so happened to be From Hell.
  5. Faerie New Member

I've seen Narnia and Kung Fu Panda. Both were good, but I haven't read the Narnia books in awhile so I'm not sure how close it follows the book.
  6. BlueOrca New Member

Moving along the ABC, this weekend we saw Labyrinth and The Mummy
  7. Hsing Moderator

I saw Sweeney Todd recently. Well, at first, Tim Burton's trademark look easily convinced me... as always. But on second thinking, he does start copying himself... With Johnny Depp looking like he always looks in Tim Burton's films, like a crossover between the guy from Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands... the love interest being the same blonde pale type in Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd, too... And when he took the razor and said, "My arm is finally complete again" or something along that line, I thought: Och, please, Edward....:neutral:

The music isn't originally from this film's team as far as I know - well, the musical seems to have been well known before the film, only that here, no one ever heard of it before- otherwise I could have given the film credit for that. Johnny Depp sings very well, Helena Bonham Carter... not quite as good, but still, Alan Rickman not so much, but it works. Also, I am not sure any of his film characters have been killed that brutally since his first major Hollywood character was dropped from the roof of a skyscraper. We'll see wether "Harry Potter 7" will top that, but I doubt it. :razz:
  8. redneck New Member

Just finished watching "Batman, Dark Knight". All I can say is wow.
  9. Faerie New Member

I saw WALL-E a few weeks ago and I saw The Dark Knight this weekend. Batman was awesometastic and WALL-E was cute but I think the robots having actuall lines would have made it a better movie instead of them just saying each others names.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Saw The Dark Knight and also Kung Fu Panda this weekend

Batman was good, although a little long (made worse by a hot room with no air con' and some people who were stupid enough to bring 7-8 year-olds to a 15a film, and of course they either got bored and started running around or needed the toilet every five minutes due to their idiot parent buying them 1l cokes each... *sigh*) and I was kind of disappointed that the whole art-nouveau/steampunky/futuristicy look of the buildings, trains, etc. in the first one was completely lost. The whole thing could have been filmed in 2008 New York.

Kung Fu Panda was good, very funny, Jack Black rocks as usual.
  11. Hsing Moderator

What would a seven year old be doing in a film like that, anyway? We used to send such families away (when I still worked in a movie theater). If we want to see something dark like that, we get a babysitter. It's neither appropriate viewing material for smaller children, nor is it considerate towards other viewers.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Absolutely, I mean that's what the 15a rating is there fore in the first place. But it wasn't just the one family there must have been at least 5 or 6 kids in there who were clearly 10 or under. and some were even on their own, just the 2 kids. Strangely they were also the best behaved.

In fact people are incredible badly behaved in cinemas here, it's quite amazing. Answering their phones loudly in the middle of the film, leaving all their trash strewn all over the seats and the kiddie seats in place so people along the row can't get out easily, talking, letting their kids run around, and even, at one point, stand up on the seat for a good 10 minutes, blocking everyone's view... And this has been the case in all 3 cinemas I have tried out so far.
  13. mazekin Member

Because some parents are idiots who don't care if their kids have nightmares or not. Or that other people have paid nearly 10 euros to watch a movie.
    I went to see one of the remastered StarWars movies a good few years ago and one little brat down the front was jumping up and down in the seat waving a lightsabre around. Well, at least until one of the guys behind me stood up and shouted down that if the people with him didn't stop him they would have the lightsabre stuck somewhere painful. He got a round of applause and the mother dragged the kid out of the cinema in a huff.
  14. Hsing Moderator

Here used to be a really long post from me... or so I thought. (It was about how people behaved in our movie theatre in my time working there, drunk, drugged, abandoning their children, orgies in the public bathroom, terrorising the staff, falling into comas, and being terrorised back by Hell's Angels and seven foot theater workers in return. Fun times.)
    Well, I guess I did something wrong. But in the unlikely case it was a glich... don't be confused if it turns up later, or something like that.
  15. Sunna New Member

Saw Fast Food Nation. All I'm saying is,goodbye meat!
  16. mazekin Member

De neh neh neh neh neh neh ne..etc. BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN...I wish they had an easier theme tune to type...

RIP Heath Ledger...

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if I did have to sit behind a couple who had obviously never seen a Batman movie before. And had to talk through it. Sometimes I wish that each seat had its own little 'Get Smart' booth that descended and you could happily watch the movie without seeing / hearing anyone else.
  17. colonesque10 New Member

I've seen a few good ones lately. Watched the new Batman the other night. Really enjoyed it, Heath Ledger was quite brilliant. My only negative is that it could have been half an hour shorter and still told the same story, still i'd give it a 9/10.

Watched Kungu Fu panda the other day too, great little film. I love Jack Black, not in a sexual way :p, so i thought it was great. 8/10.

Watched There will be blood the other week, awesome film. Daniel Day Lewis is simply the best actor on the planet at the moment. 10/10

Also watched No country for old men the other week. Decent film with some good performances in it but never really arrived anywhere as a film for me. Still glad i've seen it now to make my own mind up. 6/10

These reviews have been brought to you by your local film critic and used car salesman. :)
  18. mazekin Member

Went to see Iron Man 2 tonight - wasn't disappointed, thankfully.
  19. cameronP New Member

i saw that last week and watched the new nightmare on elm street film a few days ago,
    it was ok, more jumps than scares, quick 1 second things