Webcomics - your favorite

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Tephlon Active Member

This one looks like it's made for Buzzfloyd. I just started, but the artwork is stunning.

Sleeping Dragons

Edit: Fixed tags
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Wow! This looks very interesting. :)
  3. Cynical_Youth New Member

Dinosaur Comics

Not well-drawn at all (only the dialogue changes in each comic), but pretty funny.
  4. Hsing Moderator

5. Orrdos God

Its funny cause it's true!
  6. Tephlon Active Member

Ah yes. Phil Foglio's Girl Genius. Lovely steampunk comic.

Good find Hsing!
  7. Hsing Moderator

...I love the Jägermonsters... :D
  8. Tephlon Active Member

Comissioned Comic

Lots of gaming jokes. But I'm not going to crosspost it in the gaming comics thread.

Edit:Spling
    2nd Edit: Moor Spling
  9. Tephlon Active Member

10. Hsing Moderator

11. Tephlon Active Member

12. Cynical_Youth New Member

Dr. McNinja rules. I've been following that comic for a few weeks now. It is very good. Also relatively new, btw. Reading the archive shouldn't take long.
  13. drunkymonkey New Member

14. Human New Member

Who here thinks that The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy can't be made into an amazing fan manga? Well, you thought wrong! This has some of the best art on the web, and great storytelling. The author also does a now ended comic for Powerpuff Girls, also amazing.

Dominic Deegan is a very clever comic about a seer who is the magical equivalent to tech support. You should see what some of these people come to him with. Makes you lose faith in the whole human race.

College Roomies From Hell has massive archives, an awesome storyline, and genius comedic sense. It's also fun to watch the artist's skills develop over the years. I read it religiously.

Friendly Hostility is a webcomic about life, satanism, evil hats, slavery, and the relationship of two college buddies. Homophobes need not apply.

Zebra Girl. Amazing art, pyrokinesis, angst galore. Tastefully peppered with comedic relief, of course. Do you expect any less?

8-Bit Theater is a hilarious comic that parodies FF1. You heard me, FF1. It never seems to run out of material. Oh, and by the way? Sword-chucks. Just read it.

No Rest For the Wicked is a professional looking comic with all the fairy tales from your childhood. The artist has the same take on fairy tales that Pterry does. Who here remembers the Witches and Tiffany novels? It's like that, all the way through.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll check back if I find the time, but I really don't think I can post [u:bd228905ce]all[/u:bd228905ce] my favorites. I'd have to quit life first. And I'm having too much fun.
  15. Orrdos God

I've actually been rereading 8 bit theatre from the start again the last week or so.

It really is a comic of genius :)
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

8 bit is awesome !

Another funny thing, although not a comic, is The IT Crowd, a new series what you can find the episodes of here

It's so true it hurts :D
  17. Tephlon Active Member

18. Tephlon Active Member

Tales of the Travelling Gnome

Incredible art, solid writing so far (21 pages) and an intriguing cast.
    Good stuff for the RPG'ers among us, but anyone should enjoy it.
  19. Ecksian New Member

Goblins: Life through their eyes.

Updates every weekend.
    The link is to the first issue, the first 7 or so are black and white, the rest are colored. 40+ issues in total.
  20. Tephlon Active Member

Awesome, awesome comic:

Gone with the blastwave

Painted in Photoshop. Looks awesome and is really funny.

Only 30 pages done, updates once every 14/30 days, whenever he feels up to it.
  21. drunkymonkey New Member

Really good comic, is Gone with the Blastwave, although he doesn't really like doing it.

www.hlcomic.com is a really, really good, now finished comic. The archives have over 200 of love in comic form there. Well worth checking out.
  22. Hsing Moderator

So that's where I got the Goblins-Comic from. They did change their adress, though.
  23. Tephlon Active Member

24. Tephlon Active Member

Erfworld
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0001.html

Hosted at the same site as the Order of the Stick.
    Pretty art, good writing so far (Robert Balder) and it looks like it will be a funny story based comic.
    Better in chunks.
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cool, I'll look at that later. Thanks, Bauke.
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Can anyone who reads Wapsi Square please explain to me what the hell is going on? I haven't been able to understand any of the supernatural storyline for about six months.
  27. Tephlon Active Member

Just as lost as you are.
    Mabe the Wapsi forum is a better place to visit?
  28. HalfJack New Member

Toothpaste for Dinner, Natalie Dee and Married to the Sea.

The dude who does 'Toothpaste' is married to the woman who does 'Natalie dee', and they collaborate on 'Married to the Sea', so they're all similar, but good anyway.

=)
  29. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You're probably right. I might be too lazy though!

Halfjack, links? :smile:
  30. Electric_Man Templar

It appears that Xkcd has failed to get a mention, despite being funny, introspective and a thousand other things, sometimes in the same strip!
  31. HalfJack New Member

32. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Excellent!
  33. Hsing Moderator

A very new one, with brilliant drawing:

Lackadaisy
  34. Hex New Member

I love Lackadaisy! It is most excellent.
    Updates are a little sporadic, but not frighteningly so.
    A good one for cat lovers! :)
  35. TamyraMcG Active Member

Loadworld by Sam Saturday( Load World Comics, baby). He posts a new one on Myspace every sunday, very twisted and funny.NSFW
  36. Katcal I Aten't French !

WOW... :shock: beautiful drawing there, love it !
  37. Tephlon Active Member

Whoa.... You might want to put a NSFW (Not Safe For Work) warning on that one...
  38. TamyraMcG Active Member

Sorry,I guess the very twisted thing wasn't quite strong enough. Load is extremely warped and not appropriate for work or kids.
  39. Nester New Member

I found XCD just a while ago. I'm obsessed now even if I'm an ignorant redneck that doesn't understand several of the jokes.
  40. Tephlon Active Member

Xkcd rules!

I get about 75% of the jokes... Some are WAY over my head.

Oh! Cheshire Crossing updated! Andy Weir only updates when he finishes a chapter, but it's worth the wait.
    The once every 5 months update is kind weird for a webcomic, I think, but after seeing the reactions to Erfworld, (Some people are getting mad at the writer for the slow pace. And they are getting really nasty about it.) I can understand.

Internet fandom is a beast with 2, if not 3, heads. All of them ugly.
  41. Hsing Moderator

42. Tephlon Active Member

Good tool for heavy users:

Piperka

Instead of checking several comics daily, you just check your personal Piperka page to see which of your comics have updated. A lot easier on their bandwith too.

Andy's first episode came out a week or so before Alan Moore announced his graphic novel. He did comment on the timing.
  43. Maljonic Administrator

44. Garner Great God and Founding Father

blog.myspace.com/SicilianChris

This is the blog of one of the best computer role playing game writers ever. He also does stick figure comics somewhat reminiscent of Boxjam's Doodle.
  45. TamyraMcG Active Member

Okay if you can do a myspace reccomendation I have one too Jon Kovalic's Dork Tower-www.blog.myspace.com/muskrat_john . He does My Little Chuthulu too as I have mentioned before and I may be getting to meet him at CONvergence Next WEEk? (can you tell I'm excited by my big trip?)
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sounds cool, Tamyra.

Am I the only one totally failing to follow the action in the Dies Horribly sub-plot in Goblins at the moment? I'm not good enough at reading action comics. It all just looks like various shots of tent-flaps and chained people holding on to things. I grasp from the dialogue that it's all falling apart, but apart from that I don't get it.
  47. Hsing Moderator

I was wondering too - as far as I got it, the tent thing in which the slaves were chained was standing on a platform on very high poles over the edge of a cliff. They killed the goblin/orc warriors who were sawing through the poles to make the thing fall over the cliff, but not quite in time; it is now dangling over the edge of said high, high cliff on the remnants of a few poles which are ripping apart. The giant lizard guy is hurt, and trying to climb over the edge of the cliff, shaking off the rest of the tent in the process, and probably also hitting the remaining poles with its long tail. One by one, the inhabitants of the cliff whose chains come loos drop now into the tents former walls, which are, now that the tent has dropped 90° over the cliff, lying parallel to the faraway ground, like a hammock; the rags are not stable enough to hold people's weight, and as they are ripping apart, people drop to their deaths. Dies Horribly can't do anything but sting with his magical hand, and as fox falls, he pierces her up like a butterfly. I wonder if she'll slide down the sting all the way to the ground, on her twice pierced leg... OUCH!
    Even if the drive upwards from the drops of blood with the beatles into the tent was cool, it was a little confusing. Here's an outside view of what has happenee to the tent: Goblins - Tuesday, April 10, 2007
  48. redneck New Member

The giant lizard guy, K'seliss, isn't hurt. He is bloody from ripping someones head off.
  49. Hsing Moderator

*smacks head* True... The pattern looked like scratches to me...
  50. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you, that all makes a lot more sense now!
  51. Katcal I Aten't French !

52. sampanna New Member

"That is a very specific level of tired"

This series is hilarious :)
  53. Hsing Moderator

I am lying on the floor, holding my aching belly, as I type this. Somehow. I laughed so hard!
  54. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Looks promising!
  55. Fuzz New Member

Explosm.net

EDIT: As in on that site there is a webcomic called Cyanide and Happiness, and I read it.
  56. TamyraMcG Active Member

here's one I heard about from John Kovalic [IMG] The Birds -holy cow, its funny.
  57. Garner Great God and Founding Father

its like a mirror into my life!
  58. TamyraMcG Active Member

I thought you might like it
  59. Hsing Moderator

But - no link!?:redface:
  60. TamyraMcG Active Member

I got a link from John Kovalic's myspace blog I'll try to figure out how to get one. I haven't been able to figure this out, I did find the author is Robin D. Laws Robin D. Laws Hey maybe I figured it out.