The time has come, the avatar said

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Buzzfloyd, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It's time to give my avatar a change of wardrobe. Any suggestions?

And also, do you think I should give my avatar a name?
  2. sampanna New Member

A spiffy suit, and a top hat methinks!
    Don't change the eyebrow(s) :)
  3. Electric_Man Templar

I thought it was meant to be a representing you, therefore it should be called Buzz or Floyd or something equally mannish

And it should wear some sort of helmet, so Doors can't claim that he drew the hair. Maybe a jockey/polo outfit?
  4. sleepy_sarge New Member

Maybe a broom to show "sweeper" status? (Or perhaps a vacuum cleaner to avoid the witch connotations)
  5. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You know Pirate is the only way to go.

Unhappy Bob agrees, don't you unhappy bob?

:( :YARR!
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Curse you, Electric Man, curse yoooouu!!! Yes, it is supposed to represent me, but I need a name for it that won't be confused with me myself. Like "Mini-Me" or something, I don't know.

Suggestions have been duly noted, and are being ruminated upon.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

The other me.
    and it needs a long spear, everyone digs long spears.
  8. Freya New Member

Spears are good. Great for prodding colleagues or an impromptu barbecue. Comes with interchangeable heads for removing cobwebs or spleens. What more does a woman need? :D

I'm looking at your Avatar and I'm thinking ........ "Syntax"
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That made me laugh so much, it might just have to be. Syntax the avatar...
  10. Freya New Member

Superb! *performs curtsey with a flourish*

...but what will Syntax The Avatar wear? I can give you the name of my Armourer, if needs be. :D
  11. Orrdos God

I drew the hair!
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It's nothing to be proud of, Doors!
  13. Orrdos God

Pff. It's hard to get the "dodgy kebab shop owner" hair just right.

I'll take all the credit going :)
  14. spiky Bar Wench

I'm seeing grass skirt and coconut bra..to represent the balmy climes of Hastings (well its got ocean which seems to be as good as it gets in England)...
    [IMG]

Although with the name syntax maybe something like Frau Sherlinger (I've forgotten her name from GP)... Cardigan, snail bun hair, tissues up the sleeves, glasses and a beady eyed, sucked lemon face...Sort of like this:
    [IMG]
  15. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Syntax has a new outfit for now. And I don't even have to pester Doors for his webspace now!

Edit - minor error.
  16. Roman_K New Member

Hey, an Unhappy Bob T-Shirt!
  17. sleepy_sarge New Member

Awesome!! (heads for Photoshop)
  18. spiky Bar Wench

Buzz do you think you could tradmark the t-shirt and sell me one? I think its cool and sums up how I feel most mornings, so it could be my morning t-shirt and 8) this could be my afternoon one.
  19. fudgecake New Member

I used to have a nightie that had Snoopy on the front saying "I think I'm allergic to mornings." :D Then I grew out of it. Stupid adolescence. :evil: lol
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I thought at first you meant you'd grown out of being allergic to mornings. I love Snoopy and all things Peanuts-related.

Spiky, I think that's an excellent idea!
  21. fudgecake New Member

lol! Sadly, no. :D
  22. spiky Bar Wench

I'll expect my t-shirt soon then, shall I :eek:
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm sending it to you via DoorMail, the exclusive service from the Church of Doors. I think High Priestess Ella is in charge of ensuring a speedy delivery, Nester is in charge of inspecting taxable items, Rinso is in charge of addressing and labelling, and Kenny is in charge of making sure things go to the right place. Hopefully, it will be with you soon!
  24. Roman_K New Member

You can expect it to arrive in about 30 years, then.

To Bosnia.
  25. spiky Bar Wench

This would be the famous English bureaucracy which means that Arthur Dent knows how to queue?
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Roman, I don't know what you mean. I was assured of the highest quality service, particularly as a fellow member of the clergy, albeit of a greater God.

Spiky, this is very possible. By the way, how odd was that moment in the film? When about to join a queue, no English person says, "Leave it to me! I'm English, I know how to queue!" They might see the queue, join it, and then - after one of their foreign friends complained about it - chortle a little and say, "Ah, well it comes naturally to some!" Or something like that. No Englishman queues with that kind of spirited bravado!
  27. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Cool avatar.

i'm sure it (almost) brings a smile to unhappy Bobs face.
  28. Mooseman New Member

Great one. :D Syntax, 1st or 2nd name?
  29. colonesque10 New Member

I apologise to report i've already sold it to a blind Bolivian Orphan who doesn't even own a torso to wear it on. Sorry.

Love the new avatar Grace, soon the face of unhapy Bob will be known worldwide. :)
  30. sampanna New Member

Good avatar Buzzfloyd :)

Edit: no wait, I should say:
    Good avatar Buzzfloyd :(
  31. drunkymonkey New Member

Bloody ungrateful unhappy Bob...
  32. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Drunky, your avatar is scary, he look like he's going to get me. Eeek :shock:
  33. drunkymonkey New Member

That's because he will, it's Max of Sam and Max, it was an adventure game, back when Lucas Arts didn't suck.
  34. sleepy_sarge New Member

Bob returns the compliment

[IMG]
  35. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Do the English do anything with that kind of spirited bravado?
  36. Rincewind Number One Doorman

lol :lol:

Nice one.
  37. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

LOL, Sleepy Sarge!

And Om, no, I really don't think we do!
  38. TamyraMcG Active Member

Buzzfloyd, I like the new outfit, it rocks!

Sleepy_Sarge, that was cool.

Fudgecake, I know what you mean about being allergic to morning. I usually have at least one unexplicable sneeze every morning.
  39. spiky Bar Wench

Well if the London bombings media coverage is to be believed then the English do everything stoicly with a stiff upper lip, which I always thought would make it quite hard to eat and possibly drink.

Are there any stoic englishman around who can explain how you eat and drink with a stiff upper lip?

p.s. Sarge :lol:
  40. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Through a straw, Spiky, through a straw.

Garner asked me about stiff upper lips the other day - he couldn't understand why someone would have one. The point is that if you are going to cry, your lower lip goes wobbly, and the Englishman stiffens his upper lip to prevent himself from betraying his emotions. What makes me laugh is that, although this stereotype is now considered out-of-date, the principle is alive and well among young Englishmen of my acquaintance. I have even seen the stiff upper lip in action.

Edit: Thanks, Tamyra!