The Shout Box

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Hsing, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Hsing Moderator

I asked just wondered, why has the Shout Box not been... er... discussed so far? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to discuss it in that way that I want to know wether we should keep it or not, nor do I want regulations.
    But it seems that there are different views present wether it was a great thing to install, or wether it is one of the toy like things that invites too much fooling around for some people's taste.
    When do you feel inclined to use it? What for? And why does it duplicate all my "shouts"'? :)
  2. Roman_K New Member

I rarely use it, and I try to ignore it. In my opinion, it's a toy, and little beyond that. It has it's uses, I'll admit, but I would prefer that we do without it. Just my opinion.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I don't use it much but I think it's all right. It was useful when Rincewind brought my attention to the thread Electric Man had posted in about the FAQs. Plus it's not visible from the actuall message boards so you don't have to see it at all if you don't want to.

Hsing, it might repeat your entries if you refresh the page, though it's supposed to prevent that. AT least you can delete them easy enough anyway. :)
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I like it. It is useful for ocasionally directing people to things without having to create a thread for it. And can be fun enough for banter, as long as people don't abuse it.
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba doesn't use it. He doesn't see a great deal of use for it. That said, all he needs to do is not look at it or use it. Problem gone!
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

It is a toy that was overrun with moronic idiocy for a time. I'm quite content to keep it simply for that reason. Keeps some of that sort of activity off the boards proper.
  7. Tephlon Active Member

Same here.
    It gets abused but not too much, thus not worth removing, and it helps keep the noise down by attracting people with a short attent*ooh, shiny!*
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father