The Pratchett Prize

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Just found this out from Neil Gaiman's twittering: Terry Pratchett - UK Website : News Archive

Wow, can't believe I nearly missed that! The subject is perfect for the book I started during Nanowrimo, and I've got about 60K words done now. All I have to do is finish it before December 31st... :lol::bunny:

Anyone else up for it?
  2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

With you on that one, Kat. Although I 'm doing it the hard way and starting from scratch.
    I got a sentence in my mind and thought... now's there's a good idea for a story!
    Got off to a good start with about 5k then the Joculatrix decided to have a fortnight's holiday, so nothing else since.
    However, another six months of similar horrors suffered during the 2009 NaNo holds no terrors now. I have about 5Kg of fresh coffee beans in stock and about 90% of the Red Bull stocks available in Durham.
    I love working 28 hour days.:D
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Awesome, I have a few people I must tell about this.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Somehow I actually managed to finish the book, just over 88K words, and send it off. For some reason, the 600 word synopsis was much harder than writing the book. Did anyone else make it?
  5. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'm pulling for you Kat!
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Argh, the shortlist is due in a few days. I'm trying to pretend I don't care but hell I'm checking the website every 5 minutes...
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I actually started out with a story based on Earth, but got carried away with the idea of a sinister galactic super plot and couldn't stop myself. I'll be writing chapter 21 this week, which is only about 1/3 of the way through.

Good luck with your story though, it's a great achievment to have a complete story written whatever happens. :smile: