Tempus Fugitive - any news yet?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Pixel, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Pixel New Member

I don't wish to put a damper on the excitement (?) of the move, but I think this is a thread we should have here - but if anyone does have any news, could they please post it here and at the old site - we are all worried, even those who may not wish to join us here.
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

The last email I had from Kat was the one Silmaril posted to the old boards.
  3. sampanna New Member

This sucks still :( I was trying to catch up with new about the man when I found out you all moved. I pray he is ok.
  4. mowgli New Member

likewise
  5. Saccharissa Stitcher

6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I posted on another board about Tempus, asking for prayers. One of the guys there said this:

7. Hsing Moderator

Its hard to find detailed news on Afghanisran these days, isn't it? The Red Cross reports their camps are being bombed. People are being kidnapped. and bombings as well as suicide bombings take place.

I still hope, though.

Marcia, you have met him; which of the two guys on his pic in his profile on the board is he? The left or the right one?
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001246

Also, here are the links to the old thread about him missing on the HC board...
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004823
    and his Tsunami report.
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003930
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I want to say that I found a more reliable way to track ip addresses and come up with different info than before; the location Tempus last logged on from: 213.42.2.25

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES DUBAI DUBAI EMIRATES INTERNET

I've checked this at a couple of places so far, don't know if it will help any; I wonder if any authorities could use his last ip address: 213.42.2.25 to better effect, might be worth mentioning to Kat?

P.S. The amsterdam result was totally false by the way, the site I used returned the same results for most of the people on the boards.
  9. sampanna New Member

I think it would be a good idea to let the authorities know, since they have anyway abandoned the search, this can do no harm.
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I've let Kat know.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Well guys, Kat thinks that she inadvertently signed on to Tempus's account when she was checking his various bookmarks and things. I had a feeling that might be the case.

Anyway, no good news to report.
  12. Saccharissa Stitcher

13. spiky Bar Wench

But did she post as him? There are a few posts as TF and it sounds like him, not just a log on and log off.

Me and Steve had sushi one sunny day in Melbourne...he let me interview him and buy him lunch.
  14. Cerphinz New Member

Hi.

I don't want to cause trouble or anything but I'm aware that obviously a lot of people here are worried about Steve.

I thought you might appreciatte knowing that our news here in NZ is claiming that the body of a NZ national may have been found in Afghanistan.

There has been no word on whether or not it is confirmed as a NZ national, and certainly no names have been released.

I'll keep you informed if you like, if anything else develops this end.
  15. Hsing Moderator

Oh my god.
    Please not.
  16. Cynical_Youth New Member

17. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

Crazy, crazy summer. I hope it's not Tempus. :cry:
  18. Perdita New Member

I did a quick search for this (or stories like it) on the net but can't seem to come up with anything - I also checked the New Zealand Herald online I think it was called, but still couldn't see anything-Cerphinz- did you see this on the Net or on Television. If on the Net could you post a link?

Cheers
  19. Rincewind Number One Doorman

20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Oh dear. :(

Thank you for informing us, Ceriphinz. I really hope it isn't him, but certainty would at least be better than never knowing.
  21. Tephlon Active Member

:cry:

Like Grace said, I'd rather know...
  22. Silverfox New Member

I don't know if Ceriphinz watches the board so I,ve posted on the CA site that you are asking for info. as to source.

Still hoping and praying for good news about Steve, but whoevr they have found, it's someones child or partner and they need our prayers too. :cry:
  23. Marcia Executive Onion

I hope it isn't him :cry: , but thanks, Ceriphinz for telling us.
  24. Cerphinz New Member

I got it from the Waikato Times office. I was there last night while the editor was trying to find a place for it on the front page.

Their news site isn't usually updated until about lunchtime our time (it's current;y 7:30am here), and our morning TV news hasn't had anything on it at all.

I'll give the editor a call later today and see if there have been any developments - it's an election year here so the govt will be wanting to ensure that news like this comes and goes pretty quick.

I hope it's not on the news now is because they were wrong
  25. Delphine New Member

Thanks for keeping us updated with what you find out. The facts are quite vague, but it's best to know everything... Still hoping.
  26. mowgli New Member

I tried Googling it, but found only reports of American commandos found in Afghanistan...
  27. Cerphinz New Member

I called the papers editor today about the article. It was dropped because a) it was not as high profile as the current election coverage b) it was not conclusive enough to be considered 100%accurate.

The story said it was only suspected to be a New Zealand National, it didn't state how they knew this person was a kiwi (and didn't Tempus leave some of his things somehwere else). They didn't mention gender, age or anything else which could be considered conclusive enough to panic people who have loved ones over there.

He did say he expected the story to become bigger if anymore conclusive information came through, or if any of the politicians pick up on it.

He's promised to send through anything else on the subject as soon as they get it. Naturally I will let everyone know anything that comes through.
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

29. Saccharissa Stitcher

This sucks. Because of elections, loss of human life is downgraded.

I hate humanity.

Except Steve, naturally.

And present company is most definately excepted.
  30. Roman_K New Member

I'm still praying that Steve's safe. :(
  31. colonesque10 New Member

Lets hope the next new we recieve is good news or atleast news that gives us all more hope. I very rarely pray and am not a religious person but I have said a word or two recently hoping for his safe return.
  32. drunkymonkey New Member

I never had the pleasure of meeting him on the boards, but like you guys, I hope he's safe.
  33. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Damn, when did all of this happen? I pray for his safety.
  34. Marc New Member

Anything new. Cerphinz?
  35. Silverfox New Member

Ceriphinz has not posted any news regarding Tempus on DWS and as he is a regular visitor there I am sure that if he knew any more he would have let us know. :( I will ask though.
    Has anyone been in touch with Kat recently?
  36. Cerphinz New Member

Thanks for letting me know Silverfox.

I've literally just read the paper where there is a very brief note that may or may not be relevant. I'll post it on the other board as well.

It says(and I'm sorry if I've misspelled anything I couldn't find a copy of it online):
    There is no names or photos or anything - no confirmation. The PM was saying in a debate on campus last week that as far as she was aware no New Zealanders had been reported missing in Afghanistan. I know it's not much but it's all I've got I'm afraid.
  37. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I spoke to Kat about a week ago. Just a brief exchange of greetings, but she said she was holding up about as well as could be expected.
  38. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Oh, and if they've only been confirmed as 'missing', then that's nothing more than we already knew, and should keep hope alive, however grim.

If it's election run-up activity, then hopefully, Allah willing, we might get our friends back afterwards...
  39. mowgli New Member

40. roisindubh211 New Member

just thought I'd take a look to see if anything has been heard.