Strikeout (and other BBCode)

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by sleepy_sarge, Dec 8, 2005.

1. sleepy_sarge New Member

Mal,

Is it a policy decision not to enable strikeout text on the boards?

Just curious, I've seen it used to humorous effect in other places.

Also would it be possible to see a list of all the available/allowed BBCodes?

Again, just curiosity more than anything else, so if it's a big deal then please don't bother :)
  2. Rincewind Number One Doorman

If possible strikeout would be fun. Agian no woories if it's hassle.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

The available bbcode list can be reached via the BBCode link under the smilies when you post a message.

Which message board has the strikeout code?
  4. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:63f0f68cb3="Maljonic"]The available bbcode list can be reached via the BBCode link under the smilies when you post a message.

Which message board has the strikeout code?[/quote:63f0f68cb3]

Well I've seen a few different ones. Not many of them use the same software as here perhaps, I dunno.

Here's a question about it on a board

Here's another

I'm not actually a member of these ones, that was just a Google search! :)
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Okay I'll have a look later, the first link is using software pretty much the same as here so it must be possible. :)
  6. sleepy_sarge New Member

Ummm I think we have lost ALL the BBCode - links, quotes etc all seem to have disappeared.

I should have just left well alone - Sorry! :(

test url

[quote:02ca555f5b]Test quote[/quote:02ca555f5b]
  7. Ba Lord of the Pies

[quote:21a745391c="sleepy_sarge"]Ummm I think we have lost ALL the BBCode - links, quotes etc all seem to have disappeared.

I should have just left well alone - Sorry! :(

test url

[quote:21a745391c]Test quote[/quote:21a745391c][/quote:21a745391c]

Indeed. Things are acting odd on the boards. Curious.

<s>Ba wonders if html is still working properly</s>
  8. Electric_Man Templar

HTML <u>works</u> in the same fashion as before

As far as I remember, the &lt;s&gt;strikeout&lt;/s&gt; code never worked previously
  9. Maljonic Administrator

[list:963d3b6adb]Jeez, don't panic! :)

All is back to normal. The line-through mod I was trying to use was written in 2002 so it may have been a little incompatible with the current version of this message board software. I'll have to look into further and see if I can make it more up to date.[/list:u:963d3b6adb]
  10. Electric_Man Templar

2002! *screams*

Nah, no worries Mal,

The people who've saying that the UBB code in their post isn't working will look a bit stupid now it is, so no harm done. ;)
  11. sleepy_sarge New Member

Thanks Mal - sorry 'bout that !

(I'll get me coat) :)
  12. Ecksian New Member

I'd like to see a spoiler code applied. I don't know if it's possible, I've seen it in use over at the R.A. Salvatore forums but they use ezy-boards.
    Basically all it does is replace the nominated text with a link Show Spoiler and the text only becomes visible if you click on it.
    If you want to see it in action head over to http://www.rasalvatore.com/
  13. Maljonic Administrator

14. Maljonic Administrator

[s:fa759876bb]enable line-through style[/s:fa759876bb] :)
  15. sleepy_sarge New Member

Yay!! Thanks Mal - I'm sure it will be used [s:ce9123ae89]totally ir[/s:ce9123ae89]responsibly
  16. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Any chance that we can have snapback?

It's a code for spoilers, instead of having to change the colour to match the back round, you'll get a little window that says 'click here for spoilers' if you click it, normail text will 'snapback' revealing the hidden text.

They have it here:http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=96963&amp;st=540