Special Titles under your name

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

First draft:

Special titles can now be requested after 1000 posts.

Phew, that took a lot of working out. :)
  2. mowgli New Member

Can I add the post count from the old board :p?
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

If so, can I have seven more titles?
  4. KaptenKaries New Member

Is this what the partially filled in bar just over my avatar means? I've been wondering about that one.
  5. Cynical_Youth New Member

The bar only goes to 500.
  6. KaptenKaries New Member

So what happens when it's hit 500?
  7. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The world expodes.
  8. KaptenKaries New Member

All right, I get it, no more questions. :D
  9. TheJackal Member

[quote:46a3efdfd9="mowgli"]Can I add the post count from the old board :p?[/quote:46a3efdfd9]

Yes, I agree that posts on the old board should count (just checked & I had 594); it should be a reward for all of us fine people who upped sticks from what they knew & joined this great board.

Besides, I'm on this board everyday but don't write comments that much, and it'd take [i:46a3efdfd9]years[/i:46a3efdfd9] for me to reach 1,000! Took me over 4 years to get 594!
  10. Hsing Moderator

Although it might get very confusing for newbits when they start to wonder where exactly these 1000 posts have gone... :)
  11. TheJackal Member

[quote:122c6dd7ae="Hsing"]Although it might get very confusing for newbits when they start to wonder where exactly these 1000 posts have gone... :)[/quote:122c6dd7ae]

True, true. But newbies are generally confused anyway :eek:
  12. Cynical_Youth New Member

Though I'm tempted to agree with TheJackal as it would instantly qualify me for a title (roughly), I think it would be fairer to the newbies if we all stuck to one limit.

I recall there being a brief period of time after moving here when every oldbie could request a title, though. Should posters who regret not requesting one then be allowed to request one now?
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I don't see a problem with that. It's just a bit o' fun. But once you pick a name you gotta stick with it till 1000 posts. Otherwise the whole thing would just colapse into name changing carnage!
  14. Pixel New Member

[quote:f08215a921="Rincewind"]I don't see a problem with that. It's just a bit o' fun. But once you pick a name you gotta stick with it till 1000 posts. Otherwise the whole thing would just colapse into name changing carnage![/quote:f08215a921]

Exactly - think of the Four Other Bikers in Good Omens!
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

500+ and the world hasn't exploded ! I want my mon(k)ey back !
  16. Hsing Moderator

But [i:cbd050f117]some[/i:cbd050f117]thing has changed... Take a look!
  17. Cynical_Youth New Member

Wow Katcal, that was quick (only four months). Our ninth "Boardanian." Congratulations. :)
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

:D Yeah, I know, I talk too much :D
    I still think that the world exploading would have been more fun, but, hey, I'll settle with a Boardanian rank ;)
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, 1000+ and still no explosion... I guess I'll have to think up a name eh... Any suggestions that don't involve swearwords ? :D
  20. Maljonic Administrator

Pomme de Lune. :)
  21. Electric_Man Templar

Frenchy?

Oh wait... no swearwords.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:be2a2de175="Maljonic"]Pomme de Lune. :)[/quote:be2a2de175]
    Now THAT is cute !!! Ok, I'm not exactly best defined as "cute" so I'll skip, but it's definately very sweet Mal...

**whacks Ben with a rotten cucumber**
  23. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmmm, now I was going to go for "Funny Bunny" but someone kindly pointed out that I wasn't all that funny (to which I answered "Funny weird not funny haha") so maybe Silly Bunny would be better, as everyone agrees I'm very, very Silly... And it's as near the truth as one can get before becoming offensive.
  24. Maljonic Administrator

How about 'Very Silly' or 'Not all that Funny' or 'Je suis anglais'? :)
  25. Electric_Man Templar

How about (bear in mind this is just below your username): "Katcal - so clichéd, they named her twice!"
  26. Ba Lord of the Pies

Suspiciously Edible.
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hummm...

Although "Suspiciously Edible" made me laugh, and I don't quite get the clichéd thing, I think Mal was kind of on the right track there... Bunny is avatar dependant, and who knows, maybe in a few years (but then you will all have hanged yourselves by then if I'm still around) I will want to change my avatar, and it won't be a bunny.

I actually like my "I aten't French" in my sig, so I'll vote for that unless anyone can suggest better...
  28. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:feee26bde5="Katcal"]and I don't quite get the clichéd thing,[/quote:feee26bde5]

Scandal!

I meant it as a parody of "New York, New York - so good they named it twice!" which has been parodied so much that it is almost a cliché.

Given my suggestion, the bit on the left would read:

[quote:feee26bde5][color=black:feee26bde5][size=18:feee26bde5]Katcal[/size:feee26bde5][/color:feee26bde5]
    Katcal - so clichéd they named her twice!
    <avatar>[/quote:feee26bde5]
  29. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"The very model of a modern major general"
  30. Hsing Moderator

Excuse me for jumping on the train...
    But I could choose for a "subtitle" now, too, couldn't I?
    I thought of "headphonist", but that's not exactly boardrelated.
    [i:27ecd87145]And [/i:27ecd87145]sounds like me being the board's call center agent or secretary.
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sorry Ben, it's probably one of those "if you don't get it first time, explaining will make it even less funny" things...

I'll stick with "I aten't French" please Mal !
  32. Maljonic Administrator

What does 'aten't' mean? I thought it was a typo at first but I keep seeing it, so it must be a joke I missed... oh wait, it's a Granny Weatherwax thing from way back isn't it?
  33. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:2deec9df7d="Maljonic"]What does 'aten't' mean? I thought it was a typo at first but I keep seeing it, so it must be a joke I missed... oh wait, it's a Granny Weatherwax thing from way back isn't it?[/quote:2deec9df7d]

Way back ? I guess that all depends on when you last read one of the books that mention it... The original is her "I aten't dead" sign for when she goes borrowing, so people know she isn't dead and don't panic. Well, same for me being French... Don't Panic :D
  34. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay, thanks Mal !! **admires new title**