Special Effects on Death? Hogfather thread.

Discussion in 'THE DEATH BOOKS' started by coke_and_chocolate, Dec 3, 2006.

1. coke_and_chocolate New Member

Read some thread on this board that the people who did special effects for Potter films was doing the 'animation on Death'. WHAT animation? I've seen a few pictures from the film Hogfather at the film's official website, and they have a guy dressed as Death, skull, scythe, and boney hands, and all that. So, what animation? They aren't going to make his skull move like in the animated toon are they? Like his skull will actually express stuff as if it were skin, eyebrows rais and all that.

I think I'll faint if something that hokey happens.

And why didn't Christopher Lee play Death's voice in this film? Did he get upset at Pratchett's Carpejugulum that had so many jokes in it for all us Hammer Vampire, Dracula, movie fans?
  2. jarmara New Member

Probably because in recent years he's become increasing dissatisfied with acting. His dream was always to be an opera singer and he never enjoyed the typecasting of Dracula he got landed with. As he gets older it seems he's less and less likely to take any sort of gothic role on, and even less inclined to discuss the matter.

I've often thought Ian Richardson would do well as death anyway, either him or Tom Baker.
  3. the_grim_ooker New Member

tom baker as death! that would have been great.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Tom Baker! Superb! :D