Some advice for Romans.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"Take the Middle East seriously, because that's the center of - that's the place where people get so despondent and despair that they're willing to come and take lives of U.S. citizens."
    -- George W. Bush, asked on Al Arabiya TV what advice he would give the next president
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Is that a warning by George against such things as Monty Python's Life of Brian?
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Nah, must be the middle east bit of the US. What would that be? Kentucky? Georgia? * Yeah, a lot to be despondent about there I guess.

*If this is an incorrect statement please take it to be a play on Dubya's ignorance. If it is correct, then ignore it. Can't be bothered to google a map.
  4. Roman_K New Member

*shrug* We're a shitty region, and there are actual dogmatic branches of Sunni Islam that blame the entirety of the problems in the ME on "evil Crusader foreigners trying to destroy, corrupt, and conquer our society". Qutbism is a fine such lunacy, to name one.
  5. redneck New Member

Middle East US would be pretty close to Maryland and Virginia. I would agree that the Middle East is a pocked place that wants to destroy America. We elect them and they destroy us. Works every election cycle. I think that we should wipe out everyone in the Middle East (US). Then maybe America wouldn't be as threatened anymore.

PS and Edit: Washington DC is located between Maryland and Virginia.
  6. spiky Bar Wench

I was just thinking that 'isn't DC in the middle east?' and now I know that it is and they are so despondent there that they are going to come and destroy us... While Australia doesn't have weapons of mass destruction we do have a lot of uranium that is used to make the bombs so DC in its despair is coming to get us for supplying the enemy.

Excellent.
  7. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Don't forget the tons of opium Oz has as well.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

We have opium? Where? I'd be interested in finding this mysterious stash...
  9. Gypsy New Member

I was wondering about that having lived there for 15 years.
    Honestly, I must have been looking in all the wrong places....
  10. Hsing Moderator

Maybe it is being confused with opals? :)
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

hmm, yeah, have always wanted to visit the opal fruit mines... *imagines a fantastic place not unlike Willy Wonka's factory*
  12. spiky Bar Wench

Well it would if you are in the land of the impressionists:

[IMG]

But in the real world an opal mine just looks like this:

[IMG]
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ah, from the outside, yes. Also, Oompa Loompa must be aborigine for juicy fruit sweets...
  14. Pepster New Member