Shakespeare Theater to Perform Hamlet in Klingon

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Maljonic Administrator

2. TamyraMcG Active Member

I might too, i have a few facebook friends who do things like this. the4y do "a Christmas Carol" in Klingon.
  3. sampanna New Member

I would stay pretty far, unless I go for comic relief. I suspect actors trying to look soulful in Klingon makeup would be quite a sight.
  4. spiky Bar Wench

Oh yes... I'm currently reacquainting myself with Voyager and Enterprise so a bit of Klingon theatre sounds a treat.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I bought all of Enterprise on DVD a few months ago and watch a couple of episodes each weekend after the pub. I just started series 4 last weekend. :)
  6. spiky Bar Wench

Same Mal. It was on special and we couldn't pass it up. We watch one episode a night before bed but we're still only on season 1. Ah the temporal cold war is a cool idea...

But I still feel dudded by the last episode and when i get to the end I'll be as angry the second (third?) time round as before.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I just got a tee-shirt printed to see who is nerdy enough to agree/disagree, and know what I'm talking about in the first place. It reads:

'Dr. Phlox was everything Nelix failed to be...' :)
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh Mal how I agree with that! Enterprise always gets a lot of stick from fans, but I have to say I rather enjoyed it, cheesy as it was. But then I do love (good) cheese.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

It's not cheesy.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

It is. The theme tune alone is probably one of the cheesiest things ever. But it's cheesy in a good way.
  11. Maljonic Administrator

The theme tune is cheesy, but it's kind of nice too. The show itself is not cheesy though.
  12. spiky Bar Wench

I'm going to have to agree that its cheesy but a good aged soft cheese like a brie :)

"It's been a long road
    Gettin' from there to here
    It's been a long time
    Now my time is finally near..."

I could keep going but seeming as how I'm doing this from memory I figure I should stop before the nerd police get me...
  13. Maljonic Administrator

The song is cheesy, but it still gets me all emotional sometimes in the context of human evolution. I'm one of those odd people that actually likes humans and what we're doing here. I've also sang the theme tune with my friends a few times on the way home from the pub. :)

The song itself is quite a bit older than the TV series, in fact I think Rod Stewart sang it in the 1980s/ish for a melodrama film at the time.

The Star Trek version is called Where My Heart Will Take Me by Russell Watson (with some verses removed for TV):

[YOUTUBE]Oalyw2sHXQk[/YOUTUBE]
  14. spiky Bar Wench

I've never heard of Russell Watson... Where is he famous enough to get a full orchestra and the chance to sing in front of the colloseum? (I know its not but its got the columns)
  15. Maljonic Administrator

I think he's more famous in classical music circles, like one of those people you never heard of that suddenly pops up everywhere, like Kiri Te Kanawa, and everyone acts like they've always known about them.
  16. spiky Bar Wench

Oh one of those people...