Roleplaying Thread, The Moving of

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Roman_K New Member

As some already mentioned while I was away yesterday, the Boardanian Roleplaying Group thread is still very relevant, and will be very relevant for some time to come.

Now, what are we going to do about it?

I'm not sure we need everything that thread contains. As far as the write-ups are concerned, I feel that a separate thread is necessary for them. As for the rest, I would say that the links, the characters, and mentions of who won't be able to attend the next session is all that we really need, adding any game-relevant posts I forgot about.

Comments?
  2. Electric_Man Templar

Yeah, characters, links and write-ups.

We can keep them in this same thread, we did before so it won't make a difference. Or.... we could put the write-ups in the "Writing" section, presuming we can edit it, or have a thread style of posting it.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't mind either way.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Would you like a forum for it, so you can put seperate threads within it for characters, stories and news updates on playing times etc to keep it neat and tidy? I guess you should ask Garner too, if he's running it? :)
  5. Roman_K New Member

Hmmm... seperate forum... tempting...

As for Garner, yes. Grace, could you forward this discussion to him?
  6. Mynona Member

As Roman said, it's tempting but can we really take an entire forum just for us?
  7. Electric_Man Templar

No point in a forum, it only needs two threads max, one for all this stuff and one for the write-ups.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by 'an entire forum'; it's not a big deal really, just another link under the 'MORE TERRY PRATCHETT NOVELS' section for instance. Just like having it in a folder; it makes sense if you're going to have two or three interconnected threads (which you might expand upon later), otherwise where are you going to put them? Just makes them easier to find is all; if it turns out to be not needed you can simply move them somewhere else. :)
  9. Mynona Member

True

Especially since there's talk about more games.
  10. Roman_K New Member

Posting this for Garner, originally part of an Email to me:

11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I like the idea of a separate forum.

As I've said a couple of times now, the setup we had on the Old Board (OB!) might be the way you'd choose to set up a board, but it's not the way I'd choose to set it up. Some things were the way they were due to limitations, not due to choice. We don't have to be afraid of making new fora; they're bloomin' useful, so long as they tally to what we actually need. We can mess around with stuff until we've got it the way we want it.
  12. Cynical_Youth New Member

13. Roman_K New Member

The more I think of it, the more the idea of a seperate section sounds good. I say we should go for it.
  14. Electric_Man Templar

Well if we're going to have multiple campaigns and such, then maybe there is a point to having a seperate forum.

I'm wary of creating too many forums though because it will make the list at the front far too long, and could cause more confusion about where to post. So there's no point having a forum that will have only a few threads in it (of course it might turn out that some of the book forums fall into this category...)

But yeah, if we're really going to have a lot of campaigns/games etc, then maybe it's own forum might be a good idea.
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Haven't taken a look at this site in weeks, and it does seem to have quite a few fora, but that's not a bad thing, I don't think.

I do indeed hope that we have multiple campaigns going. I know Ba, Grace, and Roman have all liked the idea of running their own, and maybe the rest of us would want to try our hands at GMing a bit from time to time?
  16. Roman_K New Member

Ah, this is where I point out the fact that while I like the idea, I also doubt I have the ability, or the time, to actually do anything good with the idea.
  17. Garner Great God and Founding Father

so you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. don't worry, just roll the occasional d20 and tell us that no one's sneaking up from behind when we ask what you're rolling for.

makes EVERY session more enjoyable.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, if that's a yes, what shall the forum be called, 'Roll Playing Group' or something like that? Would someone like to offer a bit of text for the description of what it is that goes under the title? :)
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"Boardanian Roleplay Group"

"D&D, V:tM, maybe even Discworld GURPS... it's an ongoing thing!"
  20. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, not sure what half of that means, but I wrote it like that anyway, let me know if I've done it wrong. :)
  21. Garner Great God and Founding Father

looks fine, Mal. thanks loads.

also, to translate for non-geeks:

"Dungeons & Dragons, Vampire: the Masquerade, maybe even Discworld Generic Universal Role Playing System... these are just some of the games we intend to play!"