Roleplaying Resources

Discussion in 'BOARDANIAN ROLEPLAY GROUP' started by Hsing, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Hsing Moderator

I've been pondering this for some time... I thought, seeing that many of us have had a long roleplaying career, wrote some good adventures, drew some good pics, and are, when it comes to plots and such, on analogue wavelenghts (sometimes at least), we might be able to dedicate one or two threads to all the forgotten twisty plots or undeveloped ideas that rest on our harddrives and in our desks.

I know there are a great many downloadable adventures from fans of each system, but well, I found a lot of it... poor...

It would be nice to exchange ideas with you, or -as I have done in the past via the mailing list- be able to cry for help in case I have a story to make up, and am stuck with the plot. Or just need a good detailed NPC to borrow (guest appearances from old characters of you?).
    The nice thing is that you could commit if you felt like it, but would not committed to do so, s to say.

I don't know though wether there is any interest from you, and wether maybe some of you think this might put too much weight on the rolpeplaying forum as it theoretically invites myriads of threads -say, one for links, one for help crys of stuck gamemasters, one for pics, one for plots, blah, blah, blah...- as this was intentially made as a forum to support those roleplayers of this board gaming together online in some way.

So, before I start to translate my old Shadowrun plots (or tell you what I did to Roman the Kiasyd... :badgrin:) tell me what you think...

I promise I won't feel dissapointed if you point me to a more suitable playground. :)

Edit by Garner: Added a -ing -ing.
  2. Hsing Moderator

...oh, and seeing I can't edit: I re-read the post, but not the title. Could someone add an -ing in the right place in case one is missing? I am not sure wether it should be Rolplay or Roleplaying...
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Probably 'ing'.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this forum being used if people want to use it! I'd be happy to offer advice and suggestions where I can, although my formal roleplaying experience has always been as a player, so I can mostly only offer anecdotes and advice.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

so, a trap i've always wanted to spring on a party of adventurers is to have them primed for unexpected undead to attack from out of dark narrow corridors...

then have them face what appears to be a flying, glittering skeleton that must surely be some mega powerful skeletal lich like critter, only to have them eventually discover it's just a normal mundane skeleton stuck in the transparent form of a gelatinous cube.

they can waste all their anti-undead magic and abilities on a big blob of jelly.
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

Better version. A corpse is an object. Animate Objects, which can be made permanent. A horde of corpses walking around, not one of which is undead.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

interesting....
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That's the sort of thing that might prompt a group of players to turn on the DM and tear his limbs from his body.
  8. Ba Lord of the Pies

Well, this sort of thing is good every now and again. A DM shouldn't run twists like that every single game, or his players will get frustrated. But putting in something a bit more challenging every so often will keep them on their toes and keep the game interesting for both players and dungeonmaster.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What a well-balanced answer! Are you quoting from the DMG II or something? ;)
  10. Hsing Moderator

What a pity I am not currently playing adventures in fanzasy settings like them...:badgrin:
    Now where do I put that adventure I've made out of Roman's and Garner's ideas from way back in... August? It's two text pages long... I think I'll have to shorten it down first anyway.
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

No, simply experience. I've been at this a while...
  12. Roman_K New Member

That Kiasyd character I added to your plot was a good idea, I think. Nor do I object to the radical changes you have introduced to my idea.

Not too much, anyway.

Well, maybe just a little...

In fact... ;)
  13. Hsing Moderator

:D You know only half of it...
  14. Roman_K New Member

I see.
  15. Hsing Moderator

You shall.

Once I get around translating the plot outline into English, that is.
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I've foolishly agreed to be a DM for the first time ever. I've never even managed to [i:61d6ff52d4]play[/i:61d6ff52d4] a campaign that wasn't aborted before the end of the first major fight. I'm nervous.
  17. Hsing Moderator

Actually, I found good storytelling and an interesting plot far more important than knowing every rule by heart from the start, and I don't see you having a problem with that. Can't judge about the rules, but actually I don't see you having a problem with that, either...
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I've said that Garner will be my helper on the rules front, since he knows them inside out, and I hardly know how to calculate my chances of hitting something. I think I can cope with the storytelling aspect - although I'm probably too perfectionist for my own good when it comes to that kind of thing.