People, new and old, please introduce yourselves

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Mynona, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Guest Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome. :cooler: i have been stuck at home bored for 3 days now. I hate holidays and am a real workaholick, have been mooching around the site. You guys talk about the coolest of stuff! :D
  2. OmKranti Yogi Wench

HI there all you lovely new people. Boy, it's been a while since I checked this part of the board.

I hope everyone has a jolly good ole time here. Thats what it's all about really.

Hoo ahh!
  3. koshu New Member

I welcome you on behalf of everyone else who welcomes you and hope you enjoy your stay, i would also like to inform you that the exits are here, here,and here
    if u get into any trouble :lol:
  4. Guest Guest

Cheers for that, i would never have found those and would probably still have been here when i was supposed to return to work next week, you are far too kind (said wiping a tear from my eye)

Like i said, thanks for the warm welcome. :D
  5. Pixel New Member

OK, but where do the oxygen masks drop down from, and where do we find our lifejackets?
  6. koshu New Member

well we kinda didn't have the money for those but i did find some old ones here and there
  7. Guest Guest

Well all i can say is thank god i'm not flying Koshu airways and i'm just sat at home will all the Oxygen and lack of H2o i can cope with! i would be very lucky to be alive if not!!! I think i want my money back! :lol:
  8. koshu New Member

what were not that bad atleast we have both wings attached, althoughthe left one is coming slightly loose, but thats nothing a bit of super glue cant fix, i did find some bed sheets that we could use as parachutes :D
  9. mowgli New Member

Screw this, I'm jumping out and going where the wind will carry me!

::distant arrrghghghhg::

Welcome, newcomers :)
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Another piece of useful advice, misswhiplash, if we DO crash... you can blame Doors... :lol:
  11. Guest Guest

Bed sheets!!! Blimey are things really that bad, you'll be telling me next all the top airlines have these problems!!!
    If it comes to it i think i will use an empty quilt cover, much more chance of enough air getting trapped and me not getting splatted!
    I really hope cash flow picks up soon, this isn't very good publicity for you!
    :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for that Katcal, i don't think i should be totally to blame, it wasn't my idea to fly with them anyway!!!!
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

misswhiplash: try searching for posts containing the words "blame Doors", actually, there are only 15, I am quite surprised about this. The Searche engine must be on the blink... I blame Doors for that. (16 :D )
  13. Guest Guest

Ok, i will do the search for blame Doors (17 :D )

Are people blaming him for everything then? cos if so i think i will make this my home page. I get blamed for everything in my house and it will be nice to see someone else get it for a change!
    Poor thing will get a complex if everyone is blaming him!
  14. koshu New Member

Everything is doors's fault. we blame him for everything it is his fault the dinasaurs the are extinct and his fault there was no ice in the freezer, you litrally blame him for EVERYTHING :lol:
  15. Guest Guest

What even for the awful programmes on the tele lately and the distinct lack of Cherries in the shops? surely he can't be blamed for the fact women are more inteligent than men!!!! (sorry no sleep again due to Hubby snoring, so i have a huge downer on men today) :?
  16. koshu New Member

Most of thats doors's fault but im not the expert you should speak to either doors himself or even rincewind or ba, they would know. actually most people would be able to tell you all about it :)
  17. Guest Guest

I haven't actually spoken to Doors yet and feel slightly guilty for blaming him for EVERYTHING that goes wrong, he's probably really nice.
    I'm sure i can't blame him for dropping my copy of Guards! Guards! on a big slice of chocolate cake 2 weeks ago, ruining the front cover!!!!

can i? :?:
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, as Doors has already been officially blamed for Gravity and also for Chocolate Cakes, I do think you can blame him for that, yes... (19, koshu can't count :D )
  19. Guest Guest

Thank you Katcal, i feel so much better about having to spend another £6.99 on a new copy ( i had to get rid of the old one due to craving chocolate everytime i walked past it)
    Just a quick but very important question, why do you want me to pray for Bob and why is he so miserable?
    I think hes cute.
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh, of course, now you have been indirectly introduced to Doors (aka Orrdos) you must meet Bob...

:( Bob, meet misswhiplash, miswhiplash, this is Bob.

Oh...

He doesn't seem all that happy to meet you... But then again, if he was, he wouldn't be Bob, would he. Although, I don't think anyone really knows why he's sad, and despite what Rinso thinks, I don't think voles or soup have anything to do with it...

Edited to say : and just think yourself lucky, my sister dribbled a highly coulourful unidentified red liquid over 3 of my diskworld books making them terribly warped and bright pink for all eternity. And she's still alive. There is no justice. :( Oh, hello Bob.
  21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Probability of doors being nice: 125983993489/1

Probability of Doors being Loved:9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    999999999999999.9/1
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

In any case, being nice or being loved has absolutely nothing to do with being blamed for everything or not. My husband is the living proof of that.
  23. Guest Guest

I feel privilaged and very humbled to meet you Bob, even if you arn't too interested or keen on me! i still think you are cute. ;) and yes i agree with the voles comment, why would one be in your soup any way? more likely to want to be in a milkshake!!!

As for Doors i'm sure you are wrong Rincewind, there is someone out there to love someone else (i am married but yet still to meet mine!) I'm sure that 9 (to infinity) is exagerating slightly, the more you guys pick on him the more i want to see what he is like!
    iv'b been trawling the boards to try and get to know you all and so far he is one of the quietest out there! how can he get the blame for so much when he hardly says anything!!!

That last sentance wasn't meant to sound stalkerish by the way, i'm just bored with alot of time on my hands today!!! :D
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

I must say at this point, that from personal experience, I have found that not saying anything is the BEST way to get blamed for everything. If you talk loud enough, no one wil EVER think you can do anything wrong ! :lol:
  25. Guest Guest

Nope sorry, must disagree, any of my friends and family will tell you i can't keep my mouth shut, am very loud and opinionated (not that i'm not loveable with it, i do have friends!) but i get the blame for everything going. Thats why i feel so sorry for Doors (although like i said, i like the fact someone else is getting the blame for a change) :lol:
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

Then again, Doors may actually welcome you warmly... I can see that you could actually be blamed for him being blamed for everything... :roll:
  27. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:="misswhiplash"]As for Doors i'm sure you are wrong Rincewind, [/quote]

Rincewind has met Doors on a few occasions, he is actually qualified to state that Doors in unlovable. I think that's what he got a degree in, Doors Unlovability, it sounds better than the Philosophy degree that he says he did.
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

'I think therefore, I don't love Doors'
  29. Guest Guest

I knew i should have kept my mouth shut! i'm now getting the blame for Doors getting the blame for everything! at least i don't feel as guilty as i did now since its been diagnosed that i am to blame for something, ergo Doors isn't to blame for at least one thing in life!!

Did any of that make sense?!?!?!
  30. koshu New Member

well i blame doors for you getting blamed for blaming doors, well i think that sounds about right :lol:
  31. Guest Guest

:D ok i can accept that, but only cos this is getting far too confusing for me! :lol:
  32. koshu New Member

the only response to that would be blame doors (for you getting confusesed over you getting blamed for him being blamed etc..)

oh well just give in and blame doors :lol: :)
  33. Katcal I Aten't French !

Good. Now we all aggree, can we stop hi-jacking this post and go and be stupid elsewhere ? :D
  34. koshu New Member

exactly a marvelous idea, i just foiund the bob page ;)
  35. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh dear.
  36. Guest Guest

Agreed, picking on Electric man and his damned carrot is much more fun!!!
  37. Katcal I Aten't French !

I don't see why. I'm sure if we all got to know him, we would find he's quite ni... ok, ok, just kidding. :D
  38. koshu New Member

im sure every one would be rather friendly pleasent nice to doors if he could make bob happy again, but leave the stupid carrot out of it he's only a veg...... :lol:
  39. Sir_Gawain New Member

But if doors made Bob happy again, he would be to blame for Bob not being Bob anymore, would he not?
  40. Guest Guest

Damn your cleverness Sir Gawain, We actually had a happy Bob plan then!
    Can we blame Doors for the plan failing??

:D sorry Doors
  41. Sir_Gawain New Member

Terribly sorry, M'lady. And of couse we can blame doors. :lol: By the way, good luck with the snoring husband.

Oh, and new people, this is still an introduction thread, albeit a wee bit sidetracked. This is important knowledge for you to succeed on the message board. So remember, Bob :( is unhappy, and doors is to blame for everything from a bee sting to Armageddon, and more.

Edited to add Bob.
  42. Guest Guest

Thanks for the luck! It certainly isn't on my side at the moment. I would blame Doors for the snoring too but i really don't think he has the nerve to stand and hold my husbands nose while he is sleeping to make him snore!!! i think that one will have to be left down to my husband who is getting plenty of sleep at the moment while i am very tired!

:D
  43. Sir_Gawain New Member

:lol: He probably does not.
  44. Plugger New Member

1) what formed the motivational impetus for your chosen screenname?
    wellllll...i was thinking along the lines of why not and whats the fist thing that comes into mmy head and tada it was plugger
    2) Are you male or female? (Asking because there has been quite of lot of confusion over this, on and off.)
    male
    3) what age catagory and geographic location do you fall into?
    one day old and im in england...
    4) do you have good faith that a discworld movie COULD be done well enough not to suck? (note, this in no way shape or form asks about casting choices you'd like to see. i have a loaded rifle and i'm not afraid to use it.)
    if special effects were a whole lot better then yes but cuz it still looks superimposed (i cant spell btw) i dont think it would look good yet
    5) who or how were you turned on to discworld/pratchett?
    i was in waterstone and i picked up reaper man and thought it sounded funny but didnt buy it till a couple of weeks later :'(
    6) what's your personal quote of the day?
    sth the snake
  45. KaptenKaries New Member

Welcome Plugger
  46. Guest Guest

Welcome Plugger, enjoy the boards!

:D
  47. fairyliquid New Member

welcome, dont forget to take off your left sock....
  48. Sir_Gawain New Member

Take off his left sock? Whatever for?

Welcome, Plugger! One day old? An impressive age to start reading, for sure. :lol:
  49. fairyliquid New Member

:( bob says so.
  50. Sir_Gawain New Member

Of course. I should have known.
  51. LaughingFire New Member

But of course, Gawain. And on that note, (this being a blatant lie) I can introduce myself! ;D

1) what formed the motivational impetus for your chosen screenname?
    It's the English translation of the name I use everywhere else, TrisakAminawn, although only in my own little world.

2) Are you male or female? (Asking because there has been quite of lot of confusion over this, on and off.)
    Female.

3) what age catagory and geographic location do you fall into?
    Teenaged, Just a bit too far south to count as being in New England.

4) do you have good faith that a discworld movie COULD be done well enough not to suck? (note, this in no way shape or form asks about casting choices you'd like to see. i have a loaded rifle and i'm not afraid to use it.)
    It is technically possible, but unlikely. improbability factor 34345432345/1

5) who or how were you turned on to discworld/pratchett?
    Er...picking up books in the library. I think I randomly selected JINGO off the shelf at the bookstore when the middle-school librarian selected three literary students to come help her choose books, so I read it. And found out it was the same person who had written The Amazing Maurice, which I had read a few years previously.

6) what's your personal quote of the day?
    "The wisest mind has something yet to learn."
  52. Guest Guest

Hey Laughingfire..... :D

Welcome.
  53. Bekwoo New Member

Howdy Thought i shud introduce me.

1) Screen name? Not sure why on the screen name first thing which popped into my tiny little brain!

2) I would be female

3) Age and Where i am? 20 years young in south west England

4) Disc world movie? I personally think it may spoil the disc world uh world! (If anyone understands that they deserve medals)

5) who or how were you turned on to discworld/pratchett? My Uncle Suggested it so i thought why not!

6) Quote? "That'll put mazipan in your pie plate, Bingo!"
  54. Hsing Moderator

Welcome to all of you! :)
    Another Baldur's Gate-Avatar! The game seems to be held in high esteem among Terry Pratchett fans with internet access... :)
  55. Sir_Gawain New Member

Welcome, Tris! Or now that you are called LaughingFire would you prefer a different nickname? I see you have no Avatar. You could use a picture of Trisak! If you've improved at both drawing him and using the tablet. :yawinkle:

And welcome to you Bekwoo! How do you pronounce you name?
  56. Katcal I Aten't French !

Welcome to LaughingFire and Bekwoo !
  57. KaptenKaries New Member

Welcome, LaughingFire and Bekwoo!
  58. Ineffable New Member

1) I chose my screen name based on the billion and five references to ineffability in Good Omens. Plus, "ineffable" literally means "incapable of being expressed" and that's the way I tend to feel about my writing lately :?

2) Female

3) I'm 16, currently living in Ottawa, Canada.

4) As much as I loved LOTR and as much as I could adore seeing the DW brought to a mainstream North American audience, I think a lot of the charm of Terry's writing would be lost. It would make the DW almost... epic, and I think that's missing the point entirely. Even so, if they could get it done with Terry Pratchett himself involved, I think it has the potential to be an instant cult classic. And, hey, if they make it, I'd see it whether it's crap or not.

5) Picked up Interesting Times in the library because the cover was interesting. Fell in love.

6) "Trousers repaired while you wait"-- discreet little signs for Seamstresses
  59. Sir_Gawain New Member

XD And those billion-and-five referances made mainly, if not entirely, by Aziraphale, of course. Welcome to the board, Ineffable! :yawinkle: And go easy on yourself with the writing. If it's hard to express, you've probably got something good. Just make a million-and-five drafts! :lol:
  60. Innkeeper New Member

Welcome from another newbit (I'm mostly a lurker). I saw your post on Night Watch, and you picked one of my favorite of all of PTerry's quotes. I figure if your taste agrees with mine, you must be brilliant!

Seriously, now, I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you. Don't give up on the writing!