NaNoWriMo and Beyond...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Cheered by the knowledge that, last November, myself and several members took part in the NaNoWriMo competition and completed something resembling a novel in a thirty day period of extreme paranoia, sleepless nights and bad eating habits I feel inspired to try the 2010 Script Frenzy in April.

The good news is, it's not a 50k word novel this time. It's a 100 page script for a film, screenlay etc.

Anyone else feel inclined to take up the challenge?
    More details available here at Script Frenzy

[IMG]
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, although I broke through the 50K word barrier with flying colours, that novel still isn't finished, so I had set aside April to pick it up again, once all work and personal messes have been cleared up, and finish the damn thing! So I'll be cycling the same path as you, just on a sluightly different type of bike. It may just have tassles on the handlebars.
  3. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

And a lollipop stick jammed against the spokes ? :D

He he, Kat I know what you mean about 'unfinished'. I've tried a few times since December to pick up loose ends and tie them in to my story, but so far, no good. I'm just looking at April as a complete break with a different subject, maybe a short film script, that I could even produce as a 'better structured home video' with the help of family and friends. It may prove to be the distraction I need to clear my mind of old threads and leave room, hopefully for some new insights.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I need to do some serious work on my novel. It's staggering along into its third chapter at the moment, which isn't bad considering how much I've had on my plate, but I'd like to get it finished this year if I could.
  5. alexbutterfield New Member

Ah, I used to write in drabs all the time, but for about 18 months I've been so neglectful. I just today started back on a piece of DW fanfiction I began a while ago, but now you guys are making me feel bad about not writing something proper. I can't help myself though. I read DW novels a few at a time and it just gets me in the mind set to finish the short fanfic story.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Alex, I always struggle to choose between writing my novel and writing more of my boardfic. The novel usually wins at the moment, but mostly due to guilt.
  7. alexbutterfield New Member

your boardfic?

link please. :surprised:
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee