Leftover Greetings from the Heart

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Hsing Moderator

Now that the season is over, I realize that I spent most of it sick in bed - too sick to send out any Christmas letters even though most of them had been finished by the time, too sick to make that Gingerbread house I promised my daughter to make with her, or cookies, or to decorate the house. Our only visitor at Holy Evening was the emergency doc. But I am fine now and a few pounds lighter, uncharacteristically so for this season. Plus my husband managed to, well, manage the situation: Finish work, entertain child, get tree, put it up, entertain child, decorate it, prepare meals, prepare extra meals for queasy wife, go to the drugstore, shop, entertain child, wrap presents - better than I could have done- and as a result, we had a peaceful Christmas and Happy New Year, and my daughter is, as she is every year, convinced she had the best christmas of her life. Kudos to my husband!

My daughter, however, made about 30 Christmas cards she is very proud of. My family and close friends are getting them anyway, but lots of more distant family or colleagues won't, simply because the season is over.

We're going to bake those cookies and make the house anyways, snow is still lying for a while too, and there's no reason not to catch up on all that she's missed (and I have too).

So, would any of you want to help me prolong the season by getting and appreciating one of these cards? Answers are optional, if I tell my daughter they've been sent she'd think that's great already. Seriously. Because otherwise, they'll just lie around for a while - they're too many of them to put them all in the family album. They ought to be sent!:bunny:
  2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well Twelfth Night is not until the 6th in the UK, so a little extension on the festivities would not be amiss. Considering we are still trying to demolish our supply of Christmas cake at the end February, we don't consider it over until then.

I'd love a late season card. I'll clacks my address to you later. :)
    [IMG]

Good to hear you are feeling better now. Let's hope nothing else spoils your late festivities.
  3. TamyraMcG Active Member

I wouldn't mind one either, I'm sure the snow is going to hang around here for several more months, yesterday the high temp was -8 F and it is supposed to drop to -28 tonight, just in time for me to go back to work, Yay!. I'm sorry you were stricken, my cold only happened after Christmas so I did get to make my cookies and my "mice". Chocolate Christmas mice are fun to make with kids, I'll send you the directions if you 'd like.
  4. spiky Bar Wench

I'd love one, it'll make being back at work while its sunny and warm outside seem less bad...
  5. Hsing Moderator

You'll get one! I may be able to post them on Monday - we're leaving for an appartment scouting trip for Berlin tomorrow, our car is frozen -literally- and we don't get to the post office today anymore. (Sorry for the bad grammar, somehow my English is failing me right now.)
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I've been ill all Chistmas too, still feeling bad now. I don't even like Christmas that much but really wanted to give it a go this year, but got the dreaded swine flu on the 22nd and it's still hanging around!
  7. mazekin Member

I feel your pain; over a month later and I'm still not fully back to normal after swine flu...
  8. Lyia New Member

I live too far away. Sorry, but Happy Holidays.
    I hope everyone is feeling better.
  9. Hsing Moderator

Lyia, I'm sending to Spiky, she lives in Australia... ;) Those are going to be the lates Christmas greetings ever. A bit like, Easter Claus meets the Snow Bunny.
  10. spiky Bar Wench

Except the snow bunnies here are surf bunnies, which are distant cousins with a better tan.
  11. Lyia New Member

Well then I would love a homemade Chriseaster card. Those are the best! And since there is a chance that snow might still be on the ground come Easter where I live it's perfect.
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Are there any left? Can I have a Malin-made card?
  13. Hsing Moderator

But yes! Round one went out on Friday, round to will be on its way tomorrow!
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

If there are any left, I would love one! Our adress will be changing as we're moving on the 1st so I can send you my work address if you like?
  15. Hsing Moderator

That would be cool!
  16. TamyraMcG Active Member

I got mine out of the mailbox today, it is beautiful and I'm going to put it in a frame on the wall in my livingroom. Thank you so much.
  17. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Ours arrived also on Tuesday, thank you. A nice addition to the family scrap book.
  18. Hsing Moderator

Great! :smile:
  19. spiky Bar Wench

It would appear that Australia Post has struck again... I will continue to keep an eye out ;)
  20. Hsing Moderator

No, no, that's just me - the postcard is ready, but it is so in a cardboard box that'll go to Berlin Saturday morning. From where I will post it, and Grace and Clay's card, too.
  21. spiky Bar Wench

Fair enough...I'll hold off on my diatribe against my postal service then :)