Layout in the Journals

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Katcal, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've just been messing about (who said "so what's new" ?) with the Journal function on this site, and it looks really promising, only there's not many layout functions available... It says "no HTML use Editor functions" but there ARE no editor functions (that I can see) and all normal line breaks are swallowed up when the thing is displayed unless you add HTML p's or br's which do actually work... So now I'm confused !

I'm using Firefox, does this have anything to do with it ? Are there hidden editor functions made by mystic monks who live on a hilltop and only appear at midnight if it's a full moon and there's a z in the month ?
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mal ? any thoughts on this ? I do actually use the Journal (can't be bothered to set up a whole english-language blog, I already have a French one) and having to manually input the layout...

Also, it's a pity the journals aren't more visible, they're an interesting feature, and I'm sure they would be used more if people noticed them a bit more (say a roll of 5 last entry titles or something like that on the main page, like with the news ? A button in the sig area like the www or pm button ? ) Also they may be an alternative for some less interactive themes that appear on boardania, as comments can still be posted...

I really should stop thinking, it's too hot for that, makes me fick...
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Can't really do much to change how the journals work, just have to keep using it as it is.

I'll have a look at the button idea though.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

The front page thing you mentioned has been added.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Woah, thanks Mal ! Now all we need is someone else to use them so it doesn't look like I'm hogging the limelite... :cooler: :D