Johnny and the Bomb TV Film Series

Discussion in 'MORE TERRY PRATCHETT NOVELS' started by Maljonic, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Maljonic Administrator

So did anyone see it, the first episode? I thought it was quite entertaining myself. I haven't read the book so I don't know how it measures up. I liked scene with the skinhead being questioned by the police in WWII. :)
  2. Cynical_Youth New Member

I only saw bits of it, because the speed skating was on. It looked pretty good. The scene with the skinhead and his knife was indeed great. :)
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Whats all this?
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Johnny and the Bomb's on Sunday evenings at 5:35 GMT on BBC1. It was mentioned in the TV adaptations thread.

Anyway it's been split up into a series so you've only missed the first one if you didn't see it. :)
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Has anyone heard of it coming to BBC prime anytime in the forseeable future ?

Rinso> check out the "terry today" thread on Boardania... **laughs at Rinso's "superior search talent" :lol: **
  6. Maljonic Administrator

What is BBC Prime, sounds like a planet with superior TV broadcasting? :)
  7. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:69d735c292="Maljonic"]What is BBC Prime, sounds like a planet with superior TV broadcasting? :)[/quote:69d735c292]

LOL you have never seen it then. It is BBC programmes for Europe/Middle East/Israel
  8. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:dabbb5c25c="Katcal"]Has anyone heard of it coming to BBC prime anytime in the forseeable future ?

Rinso> check out the "terry today" thread on Boardania... **laughs at Rinso's "superior search talent" :lol: **[/quote:dabbb5c25c]

No sign of it on the Prime website. If it weren't against the forum rules and the laws of copyright I'd PM you a link to a torrent site.

But I will absolutely not do this terrible thing.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:3ca7ed5f32="sleepy_sarge"]No sign of it on the Prime website. If it weren't against the forum rules and the laws of copyright I'd PM you a link to a torrent site.

But I will absolutely not do this terrible thing.[/quote:3ca7ed5f32]

Good, thank you sarge, that would be a terrible thing and I would want no part of it, I will therefore sit on my backside and wait for Prime to get around to it... (and maybe send them a quick e-mail :D )
  10. Roman_K New Member

Ah well, back to unofficial sources I won't admit to actually use. And I didn't just say this.
  11. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:3493145eac="Roman_K"]Ah well, back to unofficial sources I won't admit to actually use. And I didn't just say this.[/quote:3493145eac]

Well you could always wait for the Boardanian audio production. They may do it after "Mort" is complete in, say, 2012 *cough*
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:842f208e42="Katcal"]Has anyone heard of it coming to BBC prime anytime in the forseeable future ?

Rinso> check out the "terry today" thread on Boardania... **laughs at Rinso's "superior search talent" :lol: **[/quote:842f208e42]

Damn you, Katcal, using my own jokes agianst me!

*shakes fist*
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:9d3f918993="Rincewind"][quote:9d3f918993="Katcal"]Has anyone heard of it coming to BBC prime anytime in the forseeable future ?

Rinso> check out the "terry today" thread on Boardania... **laughs at Rinso's "superior search talent" :lol: **[/quote:9d3f918993]

Damn you, Katcal, using my own jokes agianst me!

*shakes fist*[/quote:9d3f918993]

["sucking up to Rinso to cheer him up mode ON]

Well, just proves it was a good joke then, doesn't it ;)

["sucking up to Rinso to cheer him up" mode OFF... quick ! :D ]
  14. kormaciek New Member

Anyone knows about replay of the first epizode?
  15. Maljonic Administrator

Are you in the UK? I guess they'll probably replay them on BBC 3 a few times, that's what they did with Doctor Who anyway.

P.S. Just checked, it's not on 3 this week.
  16. Maljonic Administrator

Episode 2 starts in a few minutes, just in case anyone who can watch it forgot. :)
  17. peapod_j New Member

i wnted to wach it but i was out at the cinima with my mates and i set my tv up to record it but it did not work i only got 1/2 of the eposode :cry: so i only have 1 and 1/2 eposodes on type i will be waching it after next weeks eposode and try to wach eposode 2 if it is repeted.
  18. kormaciek New Member

Does anyone know, how many epizodes, the whole TV series has? Till now, there where two, am I right?
  19. sleepy_sarge New Member

Three episodes - according to the BBC website.

Synopses of episodes (obviously spoiler alert!!) are here
  20. TheJackal Member

[quote:01ff40baf1="peapod_j"]i wnted to wach it but i was out at the cinima with my mates and i set my tv up to record it but it did not work i only got 1/2 of the eposode :cry: so i only have 1 and 1/2 eposodes on type i will be waching it after next weeks eposode and try to wach eposode 2 if it is repeted.[/quote:01ff40baf1]

Hah, I can beat that. Week 1 my brother missed the first 10 minutes & Week 2 (yesterday) my dad switched channel and I only got 5 minutes of it!! It's a giant family ploy to get me pissed off and it's working.
    And I'm working next sunday as well when it's on...
  21. jaccairn New Member

Just a reminder that next Sunday it's on earlier at 4.10.
  22. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:2896836a1b="jaccairn"]Just a reminder that next Sunday it's on earlier at 4.10.[/quote:2896836a1b]

Whew thanks for that, I'll be out of the country and setting the timer!
  23. Maljonic Administrator

Oh God, I bet I forget and miss it.
  24. Victimov8 New Member

It isn't bad overall, although I don't think it lived up to my expectations.
    It has been slightly rewritten, and I think the kids in it are a little too abrasive for my liking, especially Bigmac. I am recording it on my old man's DVD recorder (As I have no TV!)

Apparently there will be an official DVD release though
  25. Hsing Moderator

Hey Victimov8, it's been a long time sonce [i:903de627bb]you'[/i:903de627bb]ve been around! :)
    Nice to see you back.
  26. peapod_j New Member

i hope it is true what you say Victimov8 as i realy want to see it as well as my parents (we have most of the terry pratchett books)
  27. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:fc63e22325="jaccairn"]Just a reminder that next Sunday it's on earlier at 4.10.[/quote:fc63e22325]

This public service "bump" is brought to you by jetlag. Let's hope my timer setting works!
  28. Maljonic Administrator

I managed to watch it, thought it was quite a nice story and a pretty well done children's drama.
  29. Victimov8 New Member

Thanks for the welcome Hsing
    I have been neglecting my presence - Sorry people :oops:

Well, I just watched the final episode - Again, pretty well done
    It didn't follow the book very well, but hopefully there will be more folks out there wanting to read decent books, so it can't be all bad!

Edit to add:

:x Damnation and buggery! It appears that the DVD recording has not worked or is just incompatible with my PC :x

:( I was looking forward to a review! :evil:
  30. jaccairn New Member

[quote:ce6ca8687d="sleepy_sarge"][quote:ce6ca8687d="jaccairn"]Just a reminder that next Sunday it's on earlier at 4.10.[/quote:ce6ca8687d]

This public service "bump" is brought to you by jetlag. Let's hope my timer setting works![/quote:ce6ca8687d]

Are you going to have to wait a month before you find out if it worked? :D
  31. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:7bdfe4ced0="jaccairn"]
    Are you going to have to wait a month before you find out if it worked? :D[/quote:7bdfe4ced0]

Lol yes! There are *ahem* other sources in the event of failure however.
  32. Victimov8 New Member

Aha! I realised the problem with the disk...
    By default my Dad's machine does not finalise the disk, thus leaving it open for multisession recording. Until the disk was finalised, it wouldn't play DOH! :?

Other peoples tech...
  33. TheJackal Member

[b:a91100bf7e]News:[/b:a91100bf7e]

The DVD for Johnny and the Bomb is being released on Monday 4 September 2006, following the CBBC transmission at 5.00pm on Saturday 2 September.

You can get it on Amazon. I'd also say Paul Kidby & Bernard Pearson would be selling it on thier websites.

Edit: I have BBC 1 & 2 but not the CBBC channel, damn it!