Instant mesanger

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by QuothTheRaven, Sep 24, 2005.

1. QuothTheRaven New Member

Should I get AIM, MSNM, Both, or Neither
  2. Saccharissa Stitcher

Get both and use them simultaneously with Trillian.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I sign into AIM far more often than MSN, because I think it is an infinitely preferable service. It is more user-friendly (in my opinion), doesn't have irritating features such as always jumping down to the bottom of the conversation when you're trying to scroll up and reread what was said before, allows you to directly connect and share files more easily, and has better controls.

I have MSN as well, for convenience. But you will experience the joy of Buzzfloyd more often on AIM than MSN, because MSN sucks.
  4. Toaf New Member

MSN sucks but I love it. Go MSN!
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You're just complacent in the familiar, Toaf!

Also, "messenger" is the correct spelling.

Also, I nearly typoed Toaf as Toad...
  6. chrisjordan New Member

I do that all the time, Grace. Sometimes I even consider leaving it as it is when I do so. :cool:
  7. Tephlon Active Member

I agree with Sacharissa, get Trillian and use both at the same time. Trillian also includes services for ICQ and Yahoo Instant Messenger.
    All you need for your IM needs.
  8. Toaf New Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Trillian doesn't show custom MSN animated emoticons.

Reason enough to get MSN 7! Also, you can draw!
  9. Tephlon Active Member

Ah yes, "fluff"...

Okay, If you want animated emoticons and to do drawings online, please get Messenger 7.
    If you want to chat with 4 different networks in 1 program, then Trillian is for you.
  10. Deathinapinkboa New Member

I have both AIM and MSNM, but I may soon turn to trillian. I don't have the words to describe how much I loathe AIM, I think it is a lesser form of Instant Messageing. Also, if you use it, your supporting AOL, this is never a good thing.
  11. Bradthewonderllama New Member

While MSN supports M$ (-:
  12. Hansi New Member

I have a Apple G5 so I use Proteus a multi protocol client for: AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ, Jabber, iChat Bonjour, Gadu Gadu, and Sametime with more in the works. With my friends using mostly AIM and MSN it's really good to have all the various protocols.

http://www.defaultware.com/proteus/
  13. redneck New Member

I also have Trillian. It's been very serviceable for me.
  14. Roman_K New Member

Trillian is very good. Praise it, bow to it, use it. Emoticons are not all that important when you get smooth and easy operation, coupled with a rather nice design.
  15. colonesque10 New Member

I use both MSN and AIM. Initially I used AIM alot more but now, because of others(except Grace), I tend to use MSN more. :)
  16. sampanna New Member

Since the topic of Trillian came up: try gaim, it's an open source multi protocol client. It's really nice, I use it regularly. I prefer it to Trillian, which I feel is really bloated with stuff like skin support etc.
  17. Roman_K New Member

I used Gaim for quite some time, and it's a very good client. The only problem it has is that it is built to be as light as possible, meaning that features that even AIM Express has, such as dice rolling, are not included in Gaim. So I use Trillian, and ignore the silly skin support.
  18. redneck New Member

Yeah, who needs skin anyway?