I am an addict.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by plaid, May 1, 2010.

1. plaid New Member

so our internet was broken yesterday. it tends to cut out randomly, all the time, and usually just a quick replugging-in of the modem and router will reset everything and it will work again. yesterday, no. it refused to work no matter what. and I just about went insane.

we tried everything we could think of. and then we walked to the bookstore and used their free wireless for a few hours. that was fun. but geez... coming home to a house with no internet... waking up to a house with no internet... it was quite horrible. in a worrying sort of way.

this morning I discovered we'd had one cord in the wrong spot all along, and that's what messed it up. so now it's fixed. I can relax.

though now that it works, I can't think of a single reason why I needed to so much last night. I guess that is the ultimate definition of taking something for granted. you just need it there. it's so much a part of the way your brain works now, if it's gone, you don't know quite what to do with yourself.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ah the horrors of being disconnected from the matrix! I hear ya sista, I've been there...
    And ye know what, it is only worse if you get an iPhone or some such similar device. The internet is weed, the iPhone is crack...
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Oh then humanity, I know! When we moved last year we went five, yes 5, whole days in the dark ages.
  4. spiky Bar Wench

Glad you found your blue pill and were able to reconnect with us again :) You know missing anything we have to say is a soul destroying experience.
  5. cameronP New Member

wow, and i thought i was bad
  6. plaid New Member

heh.

I guess the first step is realizing you have a problem. okay. I realize that...

but maybe I'm okay with having this problem. I can handle it.

does that cancel out the first step? hmm....
  7. spiky Bar Wench

You can go on being an addict if you do the second step which is to say sorry and give every one lots of money.
  8. mighty New Member

The defination of addiction is being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming.
    You r a net addict I think so.

I am rather fighting a prolonged case of online masochism... that's when, instead of chatting with friends, writing cool stuff, playing and generally enjoying yourself, you find, again and again, that instead you spent your free evening hours on researching relevant matters that upset you and your opinion of the human race.