Hsing temporary moderator

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Maljonic, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Maljonic Administrator

Hsing has volunteered to clear up some of the messy tag fallout from the move so she has been made into a temporary moderator, if that's okay with everyone?
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

No, Ba is displeased! He does not want the tags to be fixed. He will destroy Mal for his presumption!

...Seriously, why wouldn't everyone be okay with Hsing being made a moderator? Especially on a temporary basis, doing important work?
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

For whatever importance it may have, I think it's a great idea, go Hsing and thanks for all the good work to all those what are doing it. (sorry Grace, it's Sunday.)
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

All in favor of making the position permanent?
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm really grateful for this. I've had to stop fixing tags for a couple of days as my wrist was flaring up, so big thanks to Hsing for volunteering to help out.

I think Hsing would make a fine moderator, but she hasn't said whether or not she'd want to be a mod permanently.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I'll second it, if she accepts. We would still need to have a vote though.
  7. Roman_K New Member

The temporary position sounds like a good idea, as for the permanent... That would depend on Hsing wanting it in the first place.
  8. Tephlon Active Member

Good idea.

I see no issue with Hsing becoming a permanent mod if she wants to.

If you need more help on tags clean up duty or even light coding stuff, I'll be glad to help.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

I would also be happy for Hsing to be a permanent moderator, if she wouldn't mind doing it. :)

Thanks Tephlon. I think the code side it ok for now. The only difficult part at the moment is integrating the boards with the main site, which isn't that important to most people, only those that want to add stories, write blogs and other stuff that hasn't been installed yet... unless you think you can write a shoutbox for Joomla! 1.12 that looks exactly like the PHPNuke shoutbox?
  10. Tephlon Active Member

Ouch.
    Sorry that's way over my head.
    HTML/CSS is my strongest point. :)

PS: Have you seen this page at Joomla?
  11. Hsing Moderator

I'd like to point out that I don't have much of a technical background. My html knowledge is about what you need to correct all the code fallout, and that's it. My first reaction when seeing something out of order would be: Contacting another mod. So I assumed I may not be the number one candidate for the job. If the question is rather wether I plan to stay around, the answer is, yes, except the regular cast would change dramatically. (I may dissapear during the next weeks due to the move, though.)

So, if aforesaid things don't disqualify me as a permanent mod anyway, I'd say we just leave this open until the code fallout has been cleared. Then I know what "mod" means and you know what "Hsing (or having her with mod powers)" means.:p
  12. Ba Lord of the Pies

What, and Garner's a technical genius all of a sudden? Most moderating is just removing the occasional spam message and intimidating the newbies.
  13. Tephlon Active Member

Wait, is that a Mod job? I thought anyone could do that?
  14. mr_scrub New Member

that's very fun.
  15. Stercus Stercus New Member

I haven't found anyone intimidating yet! You're not working very hard.
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

How would Stercus like to be served a pate of his own liver? Perhaps served with a stew flavored principly with his genitalia, with some of his kidneys for taste.

To fill in for the missing organ tissue, Ba would be pleased to substitute some dirt filled with fire ants.
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ba is a lot more intimidating when he's not trying so hard.
  18. Stercus Stercus New Member

Sounds tasty Ba. :tongue:
  19. Hsing Moderator

I guess for "temporary", this has been going on pretty long.
    If you think I could be of further use, I'd offer my permanent service. *attempts a curtsy*
  20. Maljonic Administrator

Oh, I thought we'd already agreed that it was for all time now, that the temporary line was just to reel you into the boat so we could wack you over the head with the ore... oh wait, or was that a PM I wasn't supposed to disclose?
  21. Ba Lord of the Pies

Specifically, whacking her over the head with silver ore from the lost mines of Sierra Infierno.
  22. Maljonic Administrator

23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hsing, you're doing an excellent job, and you haven't gone mad with power, so I think we'll all be happy to see you as a permanent mod.
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well the key to that, is of course to be mad before you become a mod...