How do I call myself?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Hsing Moderator

There have topics about avatar changes and similar things on the olden boards, so I will once place myself in the centre of a thread and ask all of you for advice...
    What definition should I put under my nick, where, right now, it still says "Newbie"? I have really no idea. How do you call someone who can't write short posts, for example? That would be an idea.
    I'll take into account any other that's not completely humiliating.

Ah, and if you are facing the same problem, please chime in!
  2. sampanna New Member

Someone who cannot write short posts: Philosopher :)
  3. Hsing Moderator

Sam, you too still need a definition... don't let Rinso beat you on it! :p
  4. sampanna New Member

Good point, now .. what would that be? Suggestions needed!

We need to keep Rinso away from member definitions .. so I can setup that sort of thing meself? I thought that was automatic/done by Mal
  5. QuothTheRaven New Member

How exactly does one alter what it says under your username
  6. spiky Bar Wench

Not entirely sure...but under Polls and Voting theres a thread called Ranks. I put is a request to Mal to be converted Bar Maid, my position under the church of Doors.

Hsing you could get it converted to Frau Shambers??
  7. QuothTheRaven New Member

Well, I am the weilder of fish for the church of Ba, can i request that.
  8. Mynona Member

The idea was, from the beginning, that not everyone would get a title, it would seem 'very clickey' to any newbits who came here. I think that idea has been disbanded though.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

I think there might be a cut off point for this, but I think it's only fair that the old members are allowed to have an idividual title if they wish it; after that they may get handed out to new members after a certain amount of time or posts? :)

P.S. I think we need to replace those stars though, they're hidious!
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That sounds good, Mal.
  11. Cynical_Youth New Member

How would you define an old member in this case?

Personally, I think the amount of special ranks should be fairly limited and I don't think there should be a certain amount of time or posts. I think a special rank should be something that fits someone and the view the community has of that person. There shouldn't be rules for that.

I guess there are two approaches to it, though. We could make it unique or it could be a fairly mundane part of the community, but I don't think it can still be special if every member (or a large group of posters) has one. That could still be nice, though. It would certainly make people feel like part of the community. A lot more so than the "member" title at 30 posts.

I don't want a special rank, btw. I'll stick with member. I don't mind the stars, although something more Boardanian would be nice I guess. Thundersporks?
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Sam,

You should have 'Girly Girl Mc Girlstien' written under your post.

I think everyone should have th option to make a title. Though to make it espiecal I think you should only be allowed to change it on special occasions, maybe on reaching certain post counts or something.
  13. McLaren New Member

Isn't it more cliquey that some of us get a title and others don't?

Although I'm not particularly bothered about having a title/rank thing, as mine would inevitably involve the word "gay" or "Dale" or something, and as I may have mentioned - I'm not gay! :evil:

:D
  14. Pepster New Member

I reckon for every 1000 posts you should be able to give yourself a personalised title, with the option of a rechange at the next 1000.

It would make them special but obtainable.
  15. sampanna New Member

I think I'll stay a professional newbit.
  16. Delphine New Member

Aren't you the gaymobile driver dale?

Oh, sorry, I meant DoorsmoBIle.

Gah! Sorry.

;)

Sorry Dale. I jest.

Ho ho mo. I mean, ho.

:)

(Disclaimer: McLaren not actually gay. No refunds.)
  17. Perdita New Member

Can I be:

'The, um..undecided'
  18. sleepy_sarge New Member

Some amusing ones here! Too early (or is it too late?) for me, but Dozy Newbit would have been just fine